1.    #1  
    So, how long do you think it takes before Sprint comes out with a comparison like the following, that points out how the biggest difference between Verizon's Pre and Sprint's Pre is the cost of service?

Droid vs iPhone 3GS vs Palm Pre vs MyTouch 3G: Total Cost of Ownership

Would Palm object to this kind of thing?

The thing that compels me to stick w/Sprint is the obvious answer to this question: Is 8GB of storage really worth $1350?
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    The thing that compels me to stick w/Sprint is the obvious answer to this question: Is 8GB of storage really worth $1350?
    For me, nope.
    You occasionally get a naive person that thinks Verizon is automatically going to have better coverage because they don't understand that Sprint phones can roam on Verizon.
    i have to say the highlights are a little off. at this point they are true however pre is getting voice commands (hopefully soon) the app stores are way outdated as far as how many and its getting video recording.

not sure who this is supposed to favor, but it does seem lopsided as there are no WM phones on there and two Andriod

however my .02

i like sprint, i like my pre

is saving money important? its part of the reason i like sprint.

this phone does everything i need. however with the next update it will do more then i need so i guess ill be happier?
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzard Jr View Post
    not sure who this is supposed to favor, but it does seem lopsided as there are no WM phones on there and two Andriod
    My question was more intended to ask about the verizon pre vs sprint pre. Sprint could, I think, easily put out a comparison like the billshrink comparison that only shows the Sprint Pre/Pixi vs Verizon's Pre/Pixi in order to highlight the differences in Sprint's plans vs Verizon's plans.

I wasn't trying to focus on the other platforms, but rather the TCO for the plans.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    You occasionally get a naive person that thinks Verizon is automatically going to have better coverage because they don't understand that Sprint phones can roam on Verizon.
    As someone that went from Sprint for 2 years to Verizon for the last 3, I can assure you that- for my area at least- the Sprint coverage was absolutely awful in comparison to Verizon. It would try to stay on Sprint's network far too long in a heavy VZ area, drop calls when switching networks, etc.

Verizon does have better coverage, and a better quality of network than Sprint. I've used both, I know many people who have, heck I know active Sprint corporate employees who would never debate that.

This is not to knock Sprint, but rather to clarify that someone choosing VZW over Sprint certainly does not automatically make them naive.

BTW, I will be getting the Pre + the day it is released.
    Last edited by bigbadbuff; 01/11/2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: addition
    Definitely not worth the extra money. If I could get one on ebay and it could be set up on Sprint, however, I'd consider it. Extra RAM is always nice and I had a 32 gig iPhone before my family switched to Sprint. I miss having that much space, but 16 would definitely suffice. 8 is hardly enough for me o.0
    I hope they put something out. Seriously the Palm Pre is just an awesome phone. Kinda disappointed at first without the video recording as I had some good drunk nights to share with my friends on facebook. But then when they announced video recording AND full fledge adobe flash player... its just icing on the cake. Also, the preware patches just make it even BETTER. You can force Roam only if you want, and just be straight Verizon's network if needed. Dont get me wrong, if your trying to make a call in the sticks... you are better off forcing Roam Only on Verizon. But as for data speed, Sprint is the fastest of all the carriers hands down. Verizon's is not that fast, they claim they are, but ive seen it, they arent.

Sprint > Verizon on so many levels, just you have the frequent Verizon horn blowers that say the network is way better etc. The Palm Pre is legit and actually Sprint will probably lose some of its power with the Palm Pre Plus going to Verizon, as it was one of the main reasons I stayed with them cause I was tired of my Instinct!!! haha
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post
    As someone that went from Sprint for 2 years to Verizon for the last 3, I can assure you that- for my area at least- the Sprint coverage was absolutely awful in comparison to Verizon.
    Without a doubt, you have to pick the network first. My rules for choosing a carrier:
    1. List out what your requirements are for phone service
    2. Determine which carriers have sufficient coverage for your usage
    3. Go to each of those carriers and have them quote you the least expensive plan that meets all of your requirements. Tell them that you're shopping around & going with whoever comes in cheapest. (This creates an incentive for them to go as low as they can.)

If you can't figure out #2, then take advantage of the 30 day return policy that all of the carriers offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbuff View Post
    As someone that went from Sprint for 2 years to Verizon for the last 3, I can assure you that- for my area at least- the Sprint coverage was absolutely awful in comparison to Verizon. It would try to stay on Sprint's network far too long in a heavy VZ area, drop calls when switching networks, etc.

Verizon does have better coverage, and a better quality of network than Sprint. I've used both, I know many people who have, heck I know active Sprint corporate employees who would never debate that.

This is not to knock Sprint, but rather to clarify that someone choosing VZW over Sprint certainly does not automatically make them naive.

BTW, I will be getting the Pre + the day it is released.
    +1 dude Verizon cost just as much as AT&T so it won't hurt too much, and while I love my 3GS I've always liked the Pre as well. VZW isn't that bad sure it would be great if their prices went down but that wont happen anytime soon. Anywho I won't take anything from Sprint I think that they're the number 2 carrier in my opinion I just like VZW better.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    for me its a matter of the Mobile to Mobile. Even though Sprint now has Any mobile, that doesnt help my friends that are on verizon. Most of the people I call are on VZW so it is ok for me.
    The RAM is far worth it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Problem is Sprint phones can't roam on all Verizon towers, just some. Verizon has better service and since I was grandfathered into Verizon under an old Alltel plan, the Pre on Verizon will be a win-win for me.