1.    #1  
    I put my Pre in Roam Only mode and have made/received phone calls. BUT I go onto Sprint.com and I do not see these calls as incoming or received in my call log or my minutes used. Anyone know the deal? Thanks
    It can take a while for them to appear on your sprint account. But trust me, they'll show up eventually..... when roaming, the provider you are roaming on has to let sprint know you used your phone on their system and who you called and for how long, then sprint can put it in their system. So it can take a few days or even longer....
    Yes, but only on the new 450 min and up, unlimited mobile to mobile plans that sprint has. Roaming takes from your minutes.

Simply everything obviously does not.

I called Sprint this weekend thinking of switching to the 450 min plan, but I roam a lot, so I'd have to think about this a little longer. I force my phone to Roam with a patch, so I may be able to just not use that feature. But still, if you are on the new plans from sprint with unlimited mob to mob, Roaming calls take from your minutes, and so does checking your voicemail.

Anyone else want to confirm this?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    All roaming calls are "free" as in they are included in your calling plan minutes. They will tally against your plan minutes on Sprint.com eventually.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    All roaming calls are "free" as in they are included in your calling plan minutes. They will tally against your plan minutes on Sprint.com eventually.
    You need to check what plan you are referring to. I just spoke to someone this weekend at sprint and they told me if you had a new 450min plan w/ mob to mob incl. and unlim data and GPS, a roaming call during peak hours will deduct from your 450 min.
  6.    #6  
    On anymobile anytime, in the fine print, states that mobile to moblie is not free if you are roaming. I have not had my bill yet but I will be looking. Does anyone know for sure if it is free or if it counts against your minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    You need to check what plan you are referring to. I just spoke to someone this weekend at sprint and they told me if you had a new 450min plan w/ mob to mob incl. and unlim data and GPS, a roaming call during peak hours will deduct from your 450 min.
    Ya...that's what I'm saying. Regardless of whether or not you will deduct from your plan minutes the "roaming" part is always "free."

Unless you go over that magic threshold of roaming/on network....then you will have other issues...but most users will never do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Ya...that's what I'm saying. Regardless of whether or not you will deduct from your plan minutes the "roaming" part is always "free."

Unless you go over that magic threshold of roaming/on network....then you will have other issues...but most users will never do this.
    Ah yes, Free is the keyword here! I do not believe Sprint has charged roaming fees for a really long time, like years since. OK, I thought you were confused about having minutes deducted, which I think we can all agree now that they are during peak times.
    Free roaming simply means they don't charge per-minute to roam. The minutes come out of your allotment.

Be careful! If you've rigged your phone to roam-only, Sprint will eventually cancel your service or start charging you for roaming. The terms of service state that they will honor the "free roaming" as long as your monthly roaming does not exceed 50% of your air time.

Also, keep in mind that the Any Mobile Any Time feature does not apply while you are roaming. So you are cheating yourself out of free minutes by constantly roaming.

If your coverage with Sprint is so poor that you require a roam-only patch, you may simply need to consider another carrier with better coverage in your area.

Either way, be careful that you don't end up screwing yourself.