1.    #1  
    Bought a touch stone charger yesterday. Put the back on now my Pre wont turn on???
    Quote Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
    Bought a touch stone charger yesterday. Put the back on now my Pre wont turn on???
    Sorry. I can't help a RED SOX fan. I'm from New York. It's not allowed.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/11/2010 at 09:41 AM.
  3.    #3  
    What?? What a loser thing to say!!
    What?? What a loser thing to say!!
    I'm just joking, man.
    But I don't use the touchstone, so I truly can't help you w/that one.
    Sorry. I'm sure somebody else will be able to help pretty soon though.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Just a guess. Take off the cover again and make sure the battery is in place making good contacts. Try to turn on your Palm without the back cover on. If it works put cover back on..

Problem is not with your TS..

Let me know how it went...
    Last edited by bobwill; 01/11/2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Palm Pre OS 1.4.5 500/1000 MHz--Provider:Sprint
    Okay, cover the obvious things first.

Is the battery charged? Can you plug it in via cable and it turn on/charge?
    Is the battery installed and securely seated? Did you pull it and then put it back in?
    Did you put the old back on and try turning the phone on?

If that doesn't help. . .
    Did you try getting a new Touchstone cover and see if the first was somehow causing issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Sorry. I can't help a RED SOX fan. I from New York. It's not allowed.
    Heres a Bronx cheer for you ~~~PVVVVVVFFFFFFTTTT!!

Try pulling the touchstone back off, removing and reinstalling the battery and then replacing the touchstone back. Be sure to hold the power button down for a second or two.

If still no go, reinstall the stock back and see if it boots up.
  8.    #8  
    Took it back to Sprint store and they replaced it. Said that when I put the phone in the same pocket with my wallet it demagnitized it??? Thats really strange. So I can never put my phone next to my wallet again?!
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Heres a Bronx cheer for you ~~~PVVVVVVFFFFFFTTTT!!
    Lol -
    Did you put the battery back in before you put the touchstone cover on? The phone will not operate without a battery, which supplies the power needed to operate the cpu, as well as the rest of the components of this and many other electronic devices. I believe the Pre Plus is different, as it runs on the tears of over-charged Verizon customers.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Took it back to Sprint store and they replaced it. Said that when I put the phone in the same pocket with my wallet it demagnitized it??? Thats really strange. So I can never put my phone next to my wallet again?!
    Exactly how did your wallet manage to demagnetize... err... What was it that was demagnetized? The touchstone back cover? I don't think the tech had a clue what they were talking about if that was the case.