Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    ...The iPhone is the benchmark in so many things. The Pre needs to be the benchmark in something. At some point, someone should be competing with the Pre.
    Again, says who? This is what the CEO of Palm is saying (which essentially what he has been saying for a year) specifically about the iPhone:

This is a very comptetitive market, it's a rapidly growing market. There is room for 3 to 5 successful players in the market and we intend to be one of them. That doesn't mean we intend to be number one, but we intend to be one of them.
    The iPhone is on 3.1.2, not 3.0. Apple is not sitting still like many seem to believe. Can't wait to see what obvious thing Apple discovers next. One thing's for sure, as soon as they do, a whole lot of other companies will "discover" it shortly after.
    Let me know when they discover multitasking or un-obtrusive notifications

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Which was totally ripped off from Xerox (let the fun begin ...)
    *gasp* someone else knows this fact! I thought I was the only one! I love you!
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    *gasp* someone else knows this fact! I thought I was the only one! I love you!
    Hah, I'm really old. I used to own a store that specialized in a computer that ran a derivitive of GEM. We even sold a cartridge that emulated a Mac (but you had to obtain the Mac ROMs). Drove the Appleguys nuts.
    The iPhone is on 3.1.2, not 3.0. Apple is not sitting still like many seem to believe. Can't wait to see what obvious thing Apple discovers next. One thing's for sure, as soon as they do, a whole lot of other companies will "discover" it shortly after.
    If the Pre, which you obviously don't own or desire, didn't have numerous advantages over the iPhone, members of the Collective, like yourself, wouldn't be on this web board trying to convince everybody that your Jesus phone is a better device.

Seriously - stay on the Droid forum. They're more of a threat to your religion.
    Hah, I'm really old. I used to own a store that specialized in a computer that ran a derivitive of GEM. We even sold a cartridge that emulated a Mac (but you had to obtain the Mac ROMs). Drove the Appleguys nuts.
    Driving blind apple lovers crazy is a small hobby of mine. Sharing the tidbit of how they basically copied xerox to make the first GUI we all recognize makes them stop in their tracks. They you show them an article about it on wikipedia and they stop talking for a bit hehe.

Everyone steals from everyone else. It is business. Why Apple has god like status (and never gets anti-competitive suits filled against them) is another story and probably belongs in another thread with much alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by GMoney749 View Post
    Seriously - stay on the Droid forum. They're more of a threat to your religion.
    Not from engadget's point of view. In a recent pod cast all three members said Pre + > Droid and Nexus One.

You could walk that cat all the way back to the Newton, but that misses the point of the thread.
    You're the one straying people far off from the original course of this OP's topic.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Guess the apple hasn't fallen far from the Pre.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Ack! Got tired of waiting for you to take the bait. So guess time to end this video editing debate.

Samsung SCH-B750 cellphone with video editing

Here is section I like to point out.
    "The best thing about the cellphone are the video editingfunctions, it provides simple but useful tasks like adding text, background music, or even cut the video." and this was in 2007.

Don't worry, theres a nice lil cutie there to soften the blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I don't think its fair to mention a feature and say, well android has this or iphone has that. There is no superphone competitor that combines android and iphone.

Android may have a lot of things, but an unfriendly UI, lack of multitouch, and a confusing mess surrounding OS versions & manufacturers means it doesn't matter much. Google's main purpose is not being locked out in the mobile scene for search and ads.

Iphone may have a lot of things, but its a fisher price tap tap, open, close, tap, tap system. Apple wants to lock you up if you jailbreak. Notifications make you want to pull your hair out. And its not a great PC experience using itunes. Apple hasn't pumped out an useful update this year. Still on 3.1 which didn't include anything notable. Apple has this way of making you feel like you're nothing more than a revenue stream to them.

Palm hits the right notes. Can boast visual multitasking, will work with homebrew, notificaitons, synergy and integrated chat, email, calendars, contacts. Quick OTA ability to push updates. Just has questionable hardware. And questionable marketing. It's up to Palm to push its unique features.
    Its also hampered by a terrible calendar app - slow and very cumbersome - as well as an anemic memo app.

These native applications were strong PIM features on the treos, but surprisingly bad on the pres....
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    right, he kept silent till anyone uttered the word iPhone, and by that original comment he replied to, it was in good light of iPhone, not bashing by any means of the word.
    Don't waste your time on this guy. He's a palm pre koolaid headcase..

Any and all criticism toward his little pre garnerss quite a temper tantrum...

Watch and see....lol
    Quote Originally Posted by RafRol View Post
    I had to laugh at that!

In regards to your other post: I always thought that Instant Messaging on a cellphone is only useful when it's between a cellphone and computer.
    It is and that's what it's uhhh... for. Number of times saving me, locked outside the tech floor when I left my fob at the desk. IMing someone inside to open the door. Or talking to my girl, going on break. Lock the PC sign into the phone and continue the convo. Or what if you have something longer to say than 160 characters.
    Go ahead, say "HURR why don't you just call that person?" I do and would more often if it proved a convenient time and place for it. Like in class, at the library, or really loud environments, or sending links to each other, not that many had copy/paste till just recently and a great deal still don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    Don't waste your time on this guy. He's a palm pre koolaid headcase..

Any and all criticism toward his little pre garnerss quite a temper tantrum...

Watch and see....lol
    I know, but the whole thing of the "Simpson's iPhone did it" Holds no water and is ridiculous. Almost everything the iPhone does, has been done long before the iPhone was Job's wet dream. In fact I can't think of a single thing that the iPhone does that was original. "Polishing" or re-making the same thing again (making it look different but still do the same damn thing) does not make it superior. Bringing it all together does, making it one of the biggest "Me-Too" devices out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSilvia View Post
    Oh Snap snippet
    I remember that commercial, was so funny the way he said it. I can just hear that
    The pre has a fun house clown mirror on the back of the phone. Thats what it has over other phones.
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Not from engadget's point of view. In a recent pod cast all three members said Pre + > Droid and Nexus One.
    Yeah, welll I was wrong anyway; treobk214 is still here trolling...
    Again, says who? This is what the CEO of Palm is saying (which essentially what he has been saying for a year) specifically about the iPhone:
    That would be the same guy who claims never to have used an iPhone. He is either an ***** or a liar.
    I suspect my disenfranchisement with Yahoo and AIM had less to do with their usability, and more to do with the smaller number of users these days. Most folks I know have abandoned them either for Facebook or GTalk, or both.
    I don't know anyone using GTalk but many of my Friends do use FB messaging.
    So, what would be great is a messaging system that incorporated SMS (text messaging), AIM, Yahoo, and even Google Talk (sorry, BBM is proprietary, so that's out), and possibly even embracing other systems through their SDK. Now that would get pretty close to universal, right? Wouldn't that be cool!!!

Oh... wait...
    BBM allows you to message over SMS. The standard BB "email" app can provide a single inbox for email, SMS, BBM and Facebook messages.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast