Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Context is important. What he actually says (as opposed to your shortened version) is too.
    Context is very important and is the reason I linked the video/articles.

Even Kara and the audience "reacted' to his statements and clearly saw he was playing a bit of "politics".
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Context is very important and is the reason I linked the video/articles.

Even Kara and the audience "reacted' to his statements and clearly saw he was playing a bit of "politics".
    Guess it's all a matter of perception. You say they "saw", I say they believed. Yes, she didn't believe him, she said so, he acknowledged that. Doesn't mean she was right.

I have yet to have anyone make a case for what real advantage he would get out of lying about such a thing.
  3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmanvbva View Post
    Oh really? But then you debut iTunes syncing prior to the release of the Pre.
    Then play a little "cat and mouse" with Apple as the syncing is broken/fixed/broken.

You following along now and see the context and what he is doing?
    Do you realize that our own Jason Robitaille of Precentral didn't own a Pre, but created the WebOS quick installer ?

You don't need to own an iPhone for fixing iTunes code.
    Besides what do you think Jon does at APPLE ? coding iTunes sync ? Sorry.
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    I agree that it is unlikely that he is an ***** which makes him dishonest. I personally have never used an iPhone but I am not the CEO of a small company that recently launched an iPhone competitor (and which has sells no products which are not iPhone competitors). For JR not to do so is at a minimum negligent.

In any event, I now treat everything he says with a certain amount of suspicion.
    You may have a point there for not knowing your opponents.

But its silly to think that Ballmer, Mike Lazaridis, Andy Rubin and OPK all use the iPhone personally , because they are competing with APPLE.

Which makes me wonder , which phone did Steve Jobs use prior to the iPhone ? or does he use an iPhone at all ?
    or does he have a phone ?
  5. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    back on topic,
    Closing the card (APP) is unique , gestures are unique.

Banana slider form factor is unique.
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    You may have a point there for not knowing your opponents.

But its silly to think that Ballmer, Mike Lazaridis, Andy Rubin and OPK all use the iPhone personally , because they are competing with APPLE.

Which makes me wonder , which phone did Steve Jobs use prior to the iPhone ? or does he use an iPhone at all ?
    or does he have a phone ?
    I am sure that many of those guys have used the iPhone though maybe not Ballmer.
    I said "people", not bots. You do understand that there's no Nigerian typing and sending each of those emails, right?

Good to see that you've based your assessment on something as solid as your personal disdain for CEOs. Since (under your assessment) anything and everything he says is totally suspect, I guess there's not much point in discussing what he's saying.

We could move on to whether or not the paying the Nigerians will work, since it would make about as much sense (if your assessment is true).
    So you think a robot types those Nigerian emails?

I am not sure why you think I have personal disdain for CEOs or why you expect every word out of their mouths to be the unvarnished truth. That seems a bit naive.
    So you think a robot types those Nigerian emails?
    Please, don't summarize and leave off details "Typing and sending" I believe is what I said. Besides, it was facetious, sorry you didn't catch that.
    I am not sure why you think I have personal disdain for CEOs
    This statement - "For the record I don't think he is an *****, I think he is a liar. Most CEOs are economical with the truth. taken in context would seem to indicate a personal disdain; unless you have an affinity for liars.
    or why you expect every word out of their mouths to be the unvarnished truth. That seems a bit naive.
    Hmmm, I don't recall saying that; but run with it if that suits you. You seem to be pretty polar on things. If I believe someone, you seem to decied I have a "reverence" for them. If I tend to believe most people, you construe it as "expecing every word out of their mouths to be the unvarnished truth". I can see where this discussion is heading - how dare I have a differing opinion...
    This statement - "For the record I don't think he is an *****, I think he is a liar. Most CEOs are economical with the truth. taken in context would seem to indicate a personal disdain; unless you have an affinity for liars.
    Certain jobs make it almost impossible to be entirely honest. Not sure why I should be expected to be offended by that.
    You all talk about the features bb, wm, iphone, android etc. are having and why the pre isn't better then those because of that. But it is exactly that....all the best features those all have together and more you can find on the Palm Pre with webOS.

/close ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Do you realize that our own Jason Robitaille of Precentral didn't own a Pre, but created the WebOS quick installer ?

You don't need to own an iPhone for fixing iTunes code.
    Besides what do you think Jon does at APPLE ? coding iTunes sync ? Sorry.
    I think you just made my point...

This is a "political truth or truth in technicality"

Sure Jason may have not owned a Pre and you may be able to "technically" say he had never "used" a Pre. BUT he is certainly VERY familiar with the Pre and webOS and has used the emulator (a "virtual Pre") extensively.

Then imagine Jason making a comment that he has "never actually used a Pre".

BTW no one every said he "owned" the phone. The statement was never "used" the phone.
    And you are obviously missing the larger picture, the entire point of his comments and why others reacted to the comments.

It is easy (or should be) for anyone to see he is obviously playing a bit of word play and politics. I am not vilifying him for it. I find it more amusing politics, than anything else.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910