Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HardBeatZ
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a repeat forum but haven't had any luck finding any others...

For about a week and a half I have been unable to update or download any apps from the app catalog successfully. Prior to tonight, all of my attempts had been made in updating so I figured, since I wanted Need For Speed anyway, I would give it a try buying a new app. It 'downloads' the entire thing according to the download bar and then comes up with a screen that says the phone must be restarted to finish download. When I restart, there is a notification at the bottom telling me whatever number of apps I have attempted to update/download have failed. Has anyone run into a similar situation? This is becoming really frustrating and I don't think it's something Sprint will really be able to help me with.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem, so I will follow this thread. I thought this was a Bell-only thing, but apparently not....
    Use the Emergency Migration Helper which can be found in the Linux Application section on Preware and it should take care of everything.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    thanks! When searching for that I found this forum which matches my situation almost exactly. Seems to provide good instructions and good explanations.

let me know if you get anything to work, abid.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    sorry, that was just my 10th post so I couldn't post the link yet haha

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...tall-fail.html
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    alright, installed the EMH, waited 30 mins, and was able to update (almost) all of my apps from the app catalog and download NFS successfully! For some reason the app BlockDrop wouldn't update still but i don't really play that one anyway haha.
    Thanks for the help gerrymad
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
    –Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Hey Gang

I have been reading this thread and trying to find out why my Pre all of a sudden tells me download failed from teh apps catalog. I do not have anything on my Pre like preware or any home brews . Ya Ya I`m boring

Any suggestions
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    i was still having 3 apps (sudoku, stopwatch/timer, and blockdrop) that still were giving me that message but i found that they had been changed/deleted in the app catalog and that was the issue. for example, i deleted the old sudoku that kept failing and found the new sudoku lite in the app catalog, which now works perfectly. hope that helps!
    “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
    –Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by abid786 View Post
    I've been having the same problem, so I will follow this thread. I thought this was a Bell-only thing, but apparently not....
    Interesting...I had this same issue but I attributed it to the fact that i have homebrew versions and assumed they might be conflicting.
    In the end I deleted the problematic apps.

As for the rest of the 'purchasable' apps...well they don't work until we get an updated app catalog.
    Crossing fingers for v1.4 UBER patch..
    Video...Flash....3D Games....etc....Yah baby!!
    I had this same issue,
    Preware really digs dead into the system and always breaks something when there is a webos update. You have to remove it before you update, every time.
    I think there is a problem with the app catalog again... TouchPad failed to download an update and both my wife's and my Pre gave the "failed to download" error while trying to download Jogstats... Both paid and free. and we wanted to see how many miles we are about to ride
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    having the same problem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I think there is a problem with the app catalog again... TouchPad failed to download an update and both my wife's and my Pre gave the "failed to download" error while trying to download Jogstats... Both paid and free. and we wanted to see how many miles we are about to ride
    We are currently experiencing some difficulties with App Catalog downloads. This is under current investigation and we hope to have it back up soon.

Thank you for your patience.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    pgarcia likes this.
    --> deleted and moved to the Touchpad Section of the forum.
    Sorry for the mess
    Last edited by Buddy1969; 12/12/2011 at 04:04 AM.
    War doesn't prove who's right, only who's left...