1.    #1  
    without manually inputing them into google one by one?
    I've been wondering the same thing.
    yeah just got a google voice invite the other day and am in DIRE need of a solution for this. although the one by one method is good for killing down time
    +1
    If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Henry David Thoreau
    Ask and you shall receive: This Thread had someone offering $100 for the first person to do this.

Along came someone else who did it. See here: http://www.xybyresoft.com/webos/utils/ for the utility that does what you are looking for.
    Last edited by ponyfool; 01/11/2010 at 12:03 AM.
    when palm lost my contacts a few months ago, I was told by a rep (upon recovery) that the only way to import TO google is to export your contacts as a vcard on the pre. Unfortunately, it doesn't support batc creation, so you would have to go one by one. I think there should be a 3rd party solution that will sync from your pre, and then create vcfs of your contacts in a batch mode.just don't know which one. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I don't understand. If you set your contacts to sync with google what is there to enter?
    They didn't have Google when they got their Pre, they only used the Palm profile. Now they don't want to use the Palm profile anymore, they want to migrate all of their Palm profile contacts into Google contacts.

The linked thread, pages 6 and 7, have a utility that does this automatically.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I have a suggestion that probably will work, but I would hope someone has an easier idea.

Using WebOSQuickInstall, there is a way to log onto your Pre and download the file PalmDatabase.db3, which contains all of your contacts. Search the forums and you'll find a program that can be used to extract the contacts from this database. From there, you theoretically could upload them to your Gmail account, and from there, you could sync with your Pre.

Or, if your contacts were originally on your PC, for example, in Outlook, you could export them, then import into Gmail.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlehrer View Post
    I have a suggestion that probably will work, but I would hope someone has an easier idea.

Using WebOSQuickInstall, there is a way to log onto your Pre and download the file PalmDatabase.db3, which contains all of your contacts. Search the forums and you'll find a program that can be used to extract the contacts from this database. From there, you theoretically could upload them to your Gmail account, and from there, you could sync with your Pre.

Or, if your contacts were originally on your PC, for example, in Outlook, you could export them, then import into Gmail.
    Look 5 posts up.
    i think this is the one your looking for. he is the one who got the reward. its 5 bucks, but thats pretty reasonable.

Xybyresoft WebOS Utilities
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I have a problem where it says a $5 donation is required. Maybe sprint should tell us that a $150 donation is required for them to give us a pre. If it is required it is a fee not a donation!!!!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    I have the same opinion as tayl0124! It is not a DONATION when we have to pay to receive it.

There are apps FAR more useful for LESS than this $5...and this is only really useful ONCE!!!
    go to contacts
    go to preferences and accounts
    change your default account to google
    then sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post
    go to contacts
    go to preferences and accounts
    change your default account to google
    then sync
    That doesn't do anything other than make all NEW contacts Google. It doesn't convert the Palm Contacts to Google Contacts.
    I paid the $5. It was more than worth it to get my 200+ contacts into Google before I got a replacement Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by hd9700 View Post
    I paid the $5. It was more than worth it to get my 200+ contacts into Google before I got a replacement Pre.
    Same here. Truth be told, I'd have paid more...and I'm a cheapskate! Just ask my wife!