View Poll Results: How is your battery life after upgrading to 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is better

    38 14.73%
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is worse

    32 12.40%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is better

    51 19.77%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is worse

    54 20.93%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is better

    39 15.12%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is worse

    34 13.18%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is better

    3 1.16%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is worse

    7 2.71%
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 449
  1. #121  
    I don't think it is the wifi. My settings are the same as yours, except that my email is set to push (but I don't get many emails).

    My battery life may be even better than it was. I was home all day yesterday with my phone mostly idle and my battery was down to 93% after about 8 hours. When I am out and about, I usually use 10-15% more during that same time frame because I am away from wifi most of the time and I may also be using bluetooth some in my car.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    I have absolutely no battery problems with using wifi on 1.3.5.1 maybe you have bad hardware. Or you need to doctor your phone then upgrade.

    I agree it's not a issue happening with everyone however I can confirm that I have no issue whatsoever with 1.3.1. To add a little more clarity...

    I am a Bell Canada user and installed 1.3.5 when it 1st came out (as per the instructions elsewhere in the forum). I immediately started having battery drain issues so I doctored my phone back to Bell's 1.3.1 and waited for Bell to release the update.

    The battery drain issue completely disappeared when I went back to 1.3.1 and reappeared when I updated to Bell's 1.3.5.1 update.

    Based on this I cannot imagine it being a hardware issue.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I don't think it is the wifi. My settings are the same as yours, except that my email is set to push (but I don't get many emails).

    My battery life may be even better than it was. I was home all day yesterday with my phone mostly idle and my battery was down to 93% after about 8 hours. When I am out and about, I usually use 10-15% more during that same time frame because I am away from wifi most of the time and I may also be using bluetooth some in my car.

    For the hell of it I am going to change me gmail setting to "as it arrives" (the same as yours) to see if it makes a difference.
  4. #124  
    I've found that after an update, my battery seems to drain fairly quickly for the first couple of days. I let the battery drain until the phone shuts itself off then charge it back up, repeating the cycle for a couple of days. Usually by the third day things have returned to normal.
  5. #125  
    Sounds like it might be a Bell 1.3.5.1 wifi issue.


    Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
  6. #126  
    I notice that in 1.2.1, wifi stops whenever the pre is off (idle), and resumes itself once the screen is turned on. Apparently, this is not the case anymore since 1.3.5 which keeps the wifi connection on all the time. This might explain why it consume more power now.
  7. jut
    jut is offline
    jut's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    #127  
    I ran a couple tests last night at home and was still getting 17% drain with wifi on and 1.5% drain with wifi off. I typically get about 2 bars at home. The lease time is set to 1 day and changing modes (auto 108mbps, b, g) does not make a difference. This morning here at work I ran a test with wifi off and I was getting 1.3% drain after 45 mins.... I also usually get 2 bars at work. I turned wifi on and so far, after 45 mins, I am getting 1.3% drain. The lease time is also set to 1 day and the mode is set to mixed (btwn n, g, b). I recently reset my phone and havent set up the email accounts yet so that isnt the issue for me. I dont have yahoo messenger and I have google talk set to offline. I couldnt find my old router last night so I wasnt able to test it out, hopefully I'll find it tonight
  8. #128  
    On Sprint. Since 1.3.5.1 yesterday, I took it off the charger. Had a 13 minute phone conversation. Played with a couple of apps while I watched the news for 30 minutes and the battery was at 45%.

    I have never seen it that bad before.
  9. superrad's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #129  
    Something similar with me. After work i come home put my phone on the charger. Right before bed i take it off at 100% charge capacity. Put my phone on airplane mode, listen to music for a couple of hours and set my phone down on the dresser. When i wake up battery is usually about 76%. This morning my phone had no power.
  10. ECHO-313's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    On Sprint. Since 1.3.5.1 yesterday, I took it off the charger. Had a 13 minute phone conversation. Played with a couple of apps while I watched the news for 30 minutes and the battery was at 45%.

    I have never seen it that bad before.

    Same issues with me.

    Would Dr ing help?
    If so, is there a "how to".
  11. bart001's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #131  
    I do not have 1.3.5.1, but my battery drained 60% last night while I was sleeping. This has happened to me probably a half a dozen times over the last six months. It has happened with every software version. The only common connection that I have come up with is that it only occurs after I have downloaded or up dated an app. I do a soft reset and everything goes back to normal.
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgfung View Post
    I notice that in 1.2.1, wifi stops whenever the pre is off (idle), and resumes itself once the screen is turned on. Apparently, this is not the case anymore since 1.3.5 which keeps the wifi connection on all the time. This might explain why it consume more power now.
    I have had a major increase to battery life since the 1.3.5 update. I would guesstimate about 50% increase.

    The wifi issue started with 1.3.1 as you stated and is explained in more detail elsewhere on this forum. If you have a data connection and data is enabled, wifi will sleep when the phone is in standby.. if you turn off data or do not have a data connection, wifi remains on at all times.. I agree that this is a major pain but I have not received a response to my complaint to palm. And yes, this greatly affects the battery life!
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescan09 View Post
    Sounds like it might be a Bell 1.3.5.1 wifi issue.
    There is no "Bell wifi".. that part of the OS is identical to that of sprint.
  14. bart001's Avatar
    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #134  
    Also, My phone is a stock phone and has never been doctored or patched.
  15. #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    I have had a major increase to battery life since the 1.3.5 update. I would guesstimate about 50% increase.

    The wifi issue started with 1.3.1 as you stated and is explained in more detail elsewhere on this forum. If you have a data connection and data is enabled, wifi will sleep when the phone is in standby.. if you turn off data or do not have a data connection, wifi remains on at all times.. I agree that this is a major pain but I have not received a response to my complaint to palm. And yes, this greatly affects the battery life!

    FYI..
    I always leave data connection on as well as wifi.
  16. #136  
    After 1.3.5 I had a MAJOR increase in battery life. I live in a rural area with terrible signal (usually no service or no bars) and I used to have to put my Pre in Airplane Mode every night. After the update I didn't have to do that anymore - I was in heaven - Palm really got that one right!

    Now I'm having nothing but problems after 1.3.5.1 - I updated yesterday and when I went to bed I had about 60% battery - it shut down at about 6:00AM this morning, and that was the first time I've EVER completely run out of battery. Put it on the charger, let it go for a while, went to work, and put it on the Touchstone until I had a full charge. Took it off the Touchstone, only used it a couple of times to check email, and now about 1.5 hours later I'm down to 76%!! This is worse that it ever was! Come on Palm, ***???
  17. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #137  
    My battery life is outstanding.
    Before, after 3hours of heavy usage (music stream, internet and mail) I was forced to use the touchstone. Now my battery is 50% depleted after 3 hours.

    I don't understand why everyone is having an issue. No battery drainage here. The only mods I have are the Sprint Nav and Amazon MP3.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  18. superrad's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Tannen View Post
    After 1.3.5 I had a MAJOR increase in battery life. I live in a rural area with terrible signal (usually no service or no bars) and I used to have to put my Pre in Airplane Mode every night. After the update I didn't have to do that anymore - I was in heaven - Palm really got that one right!

    Now I'm having nothing but problems after 1.3.5.1 - I updated yesterday and when I went to bed I had about 60% battery - it shut down at about 6:00AM this morning, and that was the first time I've EVER completely run out of battery. Put it on the charger, let it go for a while, went to work, and put it on the Touchstone until I had a full charge. Took it off the Touchstone, only used it a couple of times to check email, and now about 1.5 hours later I'm down to 76%!! This is worse that it ever was! Come on Palm, ***???
    Same thing as i was saying. But yeah 1.3.5 gave me way better battery life. then as soon as i installed 5.1 my battery ran out overnight for the first time ever.
  19. JFGABEL's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #139  
    My battery life is fine. However, on occasion I will pick the phone up from the charger, make a call or look at something, set it back down and it seems to do a reverse charge. It will drain very fast. I had thought this was a TS problem, but because of this I plugged in the car charger yesterday on the way to work and it continued to do the same. I rebooted the phone and this seemed to take care of it.
  20. #140  
    I usually start work with my Pre at 100%
    I listened to 30 minutes of streaming radio, a 5 minute phone conversation, some texting, some web surfing and by the end of my shift it was down to 13%.
    When I got in the car, it was dead.
    I've had my Pre since Day 1 (June 6) and I've never drained the battery.
    Usually I probably have about 30% left when I leave work.
    There is definitely something up with 1.3.5.1.
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions