View Poll Results: How is your battery life after upgrading to 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is better

38 14.73%
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is worse

32 12.40%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is better

51 19.77%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is worse

54 20.93%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is better

39 15.12%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is worse

34 13.18%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is better

3 1.16%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is worse

7 2.71%
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    I have not installed a thing since the update.

Even so explain the memory leak?
    mine too has declined

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    After letting it stabilize and recalibrate for a couple days (including
    a two full discharge and recharge cycles) my battery life
    has increased measurably following 1.3.5. Today it dropped from
    98% to only 65% over 22 hours of standby and light usage.

With 1.3.1 when some folks had persistent problems with high drain
    after the recalibration period, they had some luck shutting the phone
    down and popping the battery out and back in and rebooting. If
    that doesn't sort it out, it's most likely something you installed (for
    instance, following 1.3.1, a lot of folks tried Yahoo Messenger and
    picked up the battery hungry Yahoo Contacts automatically).

Despite all the horror stories of poor battery usage following each
    update, I've generally found my battery life to be steadily improving with
    each one. I run the Battery Monitor app almost continuously after
    every fresh charge, so have been tracking it very closely for a long time.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by iMatt3690 View Post
    My battery life was around 1.2 days with mild usage and WIFI on. No email pushing/bluetooth on.

Doing the math It goes down about 3.82% per hour. Now it's draining around 7.6% or 10% every 30 minutes. In my fathers case his drops a charge in less than 3hrs. It was fine, it was this update.

I did a partial erase on the device(removed preware and what not). My other siblings had this exact same issue. Already did hard-reset/leaving battery out for awhile, etc.

Anyone else experiencing terrible battery life after the update to 1.3.5?
    Yes, I had the same issues. I did everything you did as well. Try turning off wifi. I got 48 hours on my last charge. Something went wrong with wifi with 1.3.5! Last time I turned wifi back on I lost 10% in half an hour.
    Updated yesterday and had the same problem...then I looked more carefully at my wireless, which is always on. It had me connected to a wireless server at a motel I was at several days ago. Reconnected to my home network. Expect things will improve.
    like when is the CES ?
    My battery life will go from 100% down to 30% in less than 3 hours with absolutely no usage. Heck it dropped 17% in less than 30 minutes. I am definitely looking forward to the next upgrade to fix battery life.
    Just for the record I too have decreasing battery life after the update. I use the 1350 mah battery and before the update the battery life wasn't good but tolerable.

Last night at 10:00 PM it was charged to 100 %. his morning, at 7:00 AM I hear an alarm that battery was low. down to 5%. Nothing new has been added or changed since before the update. Might be something with the WiFi affected by the OS update. Hope a fix comes soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by dotsonj@suddenlink.net View Post
    Just for the record I too have decreasing battery life after the update. I use the 1350 mah battery and before the update the battery life wasn't good but tolerable.

Last night at 10:00 PM it was charged to 100 %. his morning, at 7:00 AM I hear an alarm that battery was low. down to 5%. Nothing new has been added or changed since before the update. Might be something with the WiFi affected by the OS update. Hope a fix comes soon.
    Im new to the phone, but that is one thing I have noticed is that WiFi eats the phones battery, atleast thats what Im seeing so far.. No clue how it was before 1.3.5 as I didnt own the phone then, would love to see them impose a fix for it so its just as efficient with it as my iPod Touch is.. =D
    It is the WiFi. I experienced the same exact issue. I have a launchday Pre and have had absolutely ZERO issues until now. Turn off WiFi and you will go back to 2-3% drain per hour. I am at 24% drain with WiFi on.

Hopefully a fix will be pushed out soon.
    After the last 2 updates Ive had the same battery issues, and WiFi appeared to be the culprit ... after a week or so, letting the battery die and recharging ( wall outlet, usb would charge for hours and not fully charge ) now the battery is fine again, with out without the WiFi on ... last time around someone said the batteries were re-calibrating - i dunno about that for certain, but my battery is fine now again
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by iMatt3690 View Post
    I've been scouring the forums trying to find a fix for this.

My battery life was around 1.2 days with mild usage and WIFI on. No email pushing/bluetooth on.

Doing the math It goes down about 3.82% per hour. Now it's draining around 7.6% or 10% every 30 minutes. In my fathers case his drops a charge in less than 3hrs. It was fine, it was this update.

I did a partial erase on the device(removed preware and what not). My other siblings had this exact same issue. Already did hard-reset/leaving battery out for awhile, etc.

Anyone else experiencing terrible battery life after the update to 1.3.5?
    I too have been having the same problem! I have the extra large Seidio battery and could go 2 days without charging. Now with almost no usage, I make it about 16-18hrs tops. I am recharging now, and when its full, I will try turning off the wifi and see what happens.
    (BTW, I have removed all patches and some non-essential apps)
    i currently have wifi always on even when i am not home and i have excellent battery life. way better than before. Almost everyone that has battery issues have patches or homebrew or used to have patches or homebrew. Love the always on wifi feature.
    i keep wifi on and locations services on...my battery is only draining 1.6%/hour on standby...prior to the update it was b/w 3-5%/hour on standby.
    I just tested it for the day. I think there does have to be a bug in the WIFI under the 1.3.5 update. I turned off wifi and my battery has drained little to none in the past 2-3hrs. I Always had WIFI on previous to the update and didn't affect my battery life at all with the previous update. Hope palm fixes this!
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I keep Wifi on all the time at home, and it has not decreased my
    battery life after 1.3.5. I and others have noticed that the phone indicates
    that it is not switching Wifi off when it sleeps, which I originally
    thought would be a problem, but it has not proven to be, for me.

Attached is a battery monitor log of mostly standby and a little
    light usage from yesterday. GPS on, Wifi on (in a Wifi environment),
    Screen brightness 19%, two polling email accounts.

ian
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Daemon; 01/04/2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PreFix View Post
    It is the WiFi. I experienced the same exact issue. I have a launchday Pre and have had absolutely ZERO issues until now. Turn off WiFi and you will go back to 2-3% drain per hour. I am at 24% drain with WiFi on.

Hopefully a fix will be pushed out soon.
    I have to agree, after reading this I turned off wifi and the battery life is back to being only as bad as before the update.

Thanks.
    I am currently running Battery Monitor, without WiFi on, hoping to get more info. I will post my findings later.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I know Palm is reading these, so I just want to throw in a "me too" concerning horrible battery drain with the Wifi turned on since the 1.3.5 update. This is, literally, the first problem I've had with this phone since launch day. Fortunately I don't really "need" Wifi on most of the time, so this isn't a show-stopper for me.

Hopefully they'll get it straightened out soon!
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast