View Poll Results: How is your battery life after upgrading to 1.3.5 or 1.3.5.1?

Voters
258. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is better

38 14.73%
  • I have stock WebOS (no homebrew) and my battery life is worse

32 12.40%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is better

51 19.77%
  • I have homebrew, and my battery life is worse

54 20.93%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is better

39 15.12%
  • I have homebrew, including quake, doom, classic invaders or super tux and my battery life is worse

34 13.18%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is better

3 1.16%
  • I have other scenario (please include in comments) and my battery life is worse

7 2.71%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I have seen this as well with my stock (Korea) battery. I have been meaning to stop by a Sprint store to get that battery swapped out, currently it's being held snug by a slip of paper. I'll do that today and report if the replacement battery does the 0% drop.
    i am having the same stupid battery issue - it wont last more than 3-4 hours with zero usage. plugged in for several hours and it wont ever get to 100%. It had issues after the last update but not nearly this bad. After a week it was all good again - this time however I am not dealing w/for a week - going to the store later today!
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Quote Originally Posted by pixielee View Post
    i am having the same stupid battery issue - it wont last more than 3-4 hours with zero usage. plugged in for several hours and it wont ever get to 100%. It had issues after the last update but not nearly this bad. After a week it was all good again - this time however I am not dealing w/for a week - going to the store later today!
    Are you plugging it in to an a/c outlet? If not, try that for a few hours. You may also want to restart the phone if you haven't done that yet.
    I have a stock battery and battery life seems to be better for me.
  5.    #25  
    The battery life seems to be the same for me...so far as what I've seen...the "actual battery %" patch seems to have fixed my magical 0% then back to what it really is issue...from what I'm seeing they hadn't tested this on enough Palm Pre's and different setups because some say it's working better while some say it's worse. My only issue was the UI reported battery % fluctuating as previously mentioned, I don't think it did anything as far as changing how the battery performs.
    If anyone is suddenly noticing that the battery is draining like it has a hole in it....you need to drain it dead and recharge.
    I noticed that everytime the OS updates, it seems to confuse the battery circuitry and drain way faster. I typically turn the phone off, then on...then use it till it shuts off. The battery circuits do this to protect the battery. Then I place it on the charger and wait till it is fully charged.

After doing the above. I again turn the phone off and on, then use it and battery life is back to 1-3% per hour when just sitting on and not in use.
    my stock battery stayed at 100% through an entire night
    I've been seeing better battery life, but that's on my stock battery. I haven't tried my Seido extended battery.
    while ive had the same issue with my pre tellin me how much battery it has left ( for example it said i had 30% left then it actually went up to 38%), ive also had an extremely annoying problem when charging.

for some reason while im trying to charge it, it just stops chargin. that wouldnt be such an awful thing if the damn phone didnt start going offline and roaming leaving me unable to text/call/data unless im on wifi. i thought it was the usb cable somehow so i bought another one today and it continues to happen. i even doctored it..twice.

any help?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Now I wonder if anyone has seen this with a stock Palm battery...or if this is going to be related to just extended batteries where they possibly programmed something wrong...
    I have a stock Palm battery and had the 0% changing back to the correct level issue just once at about 1 am this morning. Have not had a problem since and my battery life is quite good.
    Very strange, after having many troubles after upgrading to 1.3.5 and my battery for the 1st day, its back to normal. Very happy customer again.
    i noticed my 2600 battery has drained fast today also this is the first time i usually can talk for 7 hours and text and use the web and still have 30 percent left at the end of the day today i talked about 4 hours my phone locked up and too many cards came up with me only being on a call and nothing else open and my battery was below 20 percent. seems like these updates fix alot of issues but seem to cause many problems also.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have stock pre and my battery drains fast since the patch as well.
    i have the stock battery and it has improved a great deal since the update!!!
    I have had some issues when changing batteries. I have a couple stock batteries and I keep them charged in a seidio charger. When I change out a battery the Pre is freezing in the start up. I have to take the battery out again and replace then it doesnt freeze in the start up. I think it started after 1.3.5. Anyone else?
    I've been scouring the forums trying to find a fix for this.

My battery life was around 1.2 days with mild usage and WIFI on. No email pushing/bluetooth on.

Doing the math It goes down about 3.82% per hour. Now it's draining around 7.6% or 10% every 30 minutes. In my fathers case his drops a charge in less than 3hrs. It was fine, it was this update.

I did a partial erase on the device(removed preware and what not). My other siblings had this exact same issue. Already did hard-reset/leaving battery out for awhile, etc.

Anyone else experiencing terrible battery life after the update to 1.3.5?
    the sw update was supposed to fix the issue. people have been complaining about poor service. the poor service does effect battery life. you should pay attention to your signal strength cause that might be causing it. also if you have the time dr. it and see what happens. peace dyna
    I have a steady 3 bars and I don't remember it affecting my battery life here at home at all.
    did you install anything recently?
    could be a memory leak
    did you install anything recently?
    could be a memory leak
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast