1. RJC
    I just got my 3rd pre and it was on 1.3.1...I went to updates and it said the 1.3.5 was available. I hit the download button and it started to download then I got an error saying I wasn't in a network that was fast enough...So I tried to download again the next day and when I press the updates icon, the phone says checking for updates. It has been saying this for the past 3 days. I did a partial erase and tried to update again. It showed the 1.3.5 was available and I got the same network message when I pressed download. Now, I'm trying again and it says checking for updates. What can I do?????? Please help!!! I'm not all that tech savvy so I need some help. Sorry if this was in another thread, but I searched and couldn't find this problem.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    use Wifi! or make sure you have a strong 3G connection that won't die.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    If it was me, I'd visit the doctor.
  4. RJC
    Thanks! I connected it to my Wifi and its downloading now. Thanks!!!
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RJC View Post
    Thanks! I connected it to my Wifi and its downloading now. Thanks!!!
    yep, no problem. also make sure u don't have any patches or themes installed.

if you do then make sure you remove the theme, and then remove the patches with EPR.

updating to 1.3.5 takes a while so be patient. and don't reset the phone.

also after the update you might have to remove preware and the service, and reinstall in order for it to work.

1 more thing, when you are fully updated to 1.3.5.1 then run the emergency migration tool in preware. it'll get rid of any app catalog install problems.

good luck, and don't forget to thank if I helped
    Last edited by link375; 01/10/2010 at 10:29 PM.