Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

if you look at the above video you can see a friends button in google maps!
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    sorry but the only buttons there are results and menu
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Warblad13 View Post

if you look at the above video you can see a friends button in google maps!
    I just noticed the orange key is not orange, but in fact white on the new Pre Plus.
  4.    #4  
    damn it
    I've had Latitude on my Google Maps since mid December.
    add another awesome feature to 1.4

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    If you've been following the Google Map changes since the Pre was released, you will notice that Google can and has updated GMaps outside of WebOS updates. This means GMap runs through the cloud and updates are controlled by Google. So we're at Googles mercy to fully activate Latitude on the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    Same here... Latitude has been working on the Pre for a while now.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    the google maps for the pre is horrible. From what I see you can't even send info through sms to anyone. I can't stand it. If it doesn't even do that then why would anyone expect latitude or layers or turn by turn. Especially when webos and google are competitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Same here... Latitude has been working on the Pre for a while now.
    How do I update Google maps and get Latitude working...not any such options on my Google Maps Application.
    If i dont let Google map(with latitute enable) card open my friend dont have update of my position, do you have the same problem or it a normal feature ?
    Quote Originally Posted by brassardv View Post
    If i dont let Google map(with latitute enable) card open my friend dont have update of my position, do you have the same problem or it a normal feature ?
    Until we get G'Latitude properly released for the Pre, you will need to activate Latitude with the "special URL" and have the G'Maps card opened front and center to have your position tracked. I played with it a bit and it seems you can have the screen off, but the G'Maps card still needs to be the main task.

With Iphone and Android, you don't have to have G'Maps open to have your friends see your position, which seems to normally update about every 5 minutes or so.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    ...Especially when webos and google are competitors...
    Why would you say that? WebOS has many integrated google interfaces. I think you meant that SprintNav and Google Maps are competitors and I would still say they are not.
    If you want Google Latitude on your Pre, then use this small app I made.

Google Latitude Launcher

It really works great.

I hope you like it.

To install just download the .ipk file and use WebOS Quick Install to install it.

Regards,
    Rayan
    Within the last few days, Google Maps has been updated to v6.9 from v6.7. Still no Latitude officially though. But this proves what I said earlier that Google can update G'Maps on their own without a WebOS update.
    Just noticed i'm running 6.9 Gmaps on the Pre & latitude is pretty slick. Doesn't track when the card is in the bg or minimized tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnknapik View Post
    Me too. Once I clicked on the link PreCentral posted on its front page, Google Maps has changed slightly and I always have access to Latitude now. It's awesome.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I love how Latitude works on the Pre, quick simple and easy. When your done close out the app so no one could track you when your doing your dirty deeds. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Me too. Once I clicked on the link PreCentral posted on its front page, Google Maps has changed slightly and I always have access to Latitude now. It's awesome.
    You might have already realized but if you go to the Menu and Clear Maps, Latitude will go away until you go to the "special link" again. In this sense, it's still unofficial but cool to have it nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by fishtale View Post
    I love how Latitude works on the Pre, quick simple and easy. When your done close out the app so no one could track you when your doing your dirty deeds. =)
    I guess having the control of being tracked only when G'Maps is open is a side benefit to the solution we currently have. Under normal circumstances, at least on Android and Iphone, there is a setting to be tracked at all times, whether G'Maps is open or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    If you've been following the Google Map changes since the Pre was released, you will notice that Google can and has updated GMaps outside of WebOS updates. This means GMap runs through the cloud and updates are controlled by Google. So we're at Googles mercy to fully activate Latitude on the Pre.

I'm pretty sure that is the case with google maps on any other device (including your computer). The native solution to google maps is google earth.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast