1. mkl
    I just Doctored my Pre, because I am getting ready to ship it (I sold it). I want to leave it, so that when the new owner receives it, they will be greeted with the first run app, when they power it on (which it currently does).

My question is, did doctoring it delete all my pictures and stuff off the USB drive, as well as the messaging conversations and emails?

I don't want to send the phone with this stuff still on there.
    I don't think it wipes the USB drive section. You might wanna check that
    nope sure didnt you need to plug it in run it as mass storage and go through all the files and take your stuff off =)
    Depending how much 'personal' stuff was in the device, you might consider running a program like BCWipe to truly wipe the free space on the device when plugged in USB mode.
  5. mkl
    It's nothing confidential...but there were a few pics in there that I'm sure the new owner would not want to see...
  6. mkl
    I've already deactivated the phone...thus it has no network connection. It won't let me access the menu to switch on WiFi. How can I be sure the files are gone? Is there a way I can view the USB drive contents without activating it?