Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    I just called. I could get out of my contract. I could NOT get the $20 off deal, because I have a spending limit on my account. I was able to get a 10% discount for having a aol account. So 10% off $149. isn't so bad. Not $20, but I'll take the $15.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I just got off phone with cancellations. They told me they could put the $20 discount on my account but because I get a credit union discount the computer will knock it out. I said put it on anyway and when she did she confirmed that the computer gave her a message that it was knocked off.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    2 QQ-
    1) does anyone know what the drop-dead date is for Sprint contract cancellation due to this TOS change? I really am considering Verizon for the Pre+, which is being released on Jan. 25th, but I don't want to do anything before that date.
    2) has anyone with an employee referral plan tried this? IIRC, no additional discounts can be applied, only one-time credits.
    I got a no go from sprint on this. Sprint was not willing to make any concessions.

--I've got 5 lines with sprint on everything data family. All phones have TEP. They still get a huge check from me each month.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I tried but they wouldn't let me get both the 20/24 and the corp discount at the same time. I'll try calling back again later but I get the impression that they sent out a memo for CSR telling them that they cannot double up on these any more.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chino0131 View Post
    I noticed in one of the posts here that people can be eligible for a discount if they are a member of a credit union. Anyone know if Navy Federal C/U applies? I have tried to find info on here and on the web, but no luck.
    I have a CU discount but its only 10%, and they cannot be stacked with an existing corp. discount. You'd be much better off calling sprint and telling them you work for Ford or the like and get yourself 25% off your monthly bill. As I understand it you only get asked who your supervisor is - its not like they have any way of verifying who you work for.
    I got a pretty good deal today. I called and switched my $109 EPRP to the ED $129. Then got the $20/24 credit and added a 15% corporate discount that I couldn't use on EPRP. All in all saved me about $17 a month. They threw in a airwave to complete the deal, both the device and the monthly service are free.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSmJ View Post
    I have a CU discount but its only 10%, and they cannot be stacked with an existing corp. discount. You'd be much better off calling sprint and telling them you work for Ford or the like and get yourself 25% off your monthly bill. As I understand it you only get asked who your supervisor is - its not like they have any way of verifying who you work for.
    Yep, recommend committing fraud, great advice.
    This isn't the easiest way to get it but it does work.

Either get employed for real or if you have a friend that can put you on the employee roster at a mobile store: eg radioshack. After a month or two you can get the $20 employee plan.

3000 anytime minutes
    everything else unlimited.

OR if you have a friend that works at such a store they can get it for you and you pay the bill (after the $150 credit runs out that is (so about 6 months))

Most people in these stores can get unlimited plans on any carrier for just $20. Had a friend who had an iphone, instinct, and air rave. And paid just $50 a month.

I was lucky enough to get in on this right when the pre came out and right now I'm carrying it for $20 a month. Locked in for 2 years and then when it ends, I will just keep the plan running, no renewals, and just buy the phone straight out.
    This isn't the easiest way to get it but it does work.

Either get employed for real or if you have a friend that can put you on the employee roster at a mobile store: eg radioshack. After a month or two you can get the $20 employee plan.

3000 anytime minutes
    everything else unlimited.

OR if you have a friend that works at such a store they can get it for you and you pay the bill (after the $150 credit runs out that is (so about 6 months))

Most people in these stores can get unlimited plans on any carrier for just $20. Had a friend who had an iphone, instinct, and air rave. And paid just $50 a month.

I was lucky enough to get in on this right when the pre came out and right now I'm carrying it for $20 a month. Locked in for 2 years and then when it ends, I will just keep the plan running, no renewals, and just buy the phone straight out.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    im pretty sure this part got covered somewhere just couldnt find it. is the 20.00 credit for all plans? i have the 450 min, plus data on my pre. I have a friend with a similar plan and they told him thats only offered to customers with a limited payment something. running out of time please help? i dont want to call and not know what to say.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    I pay a little over $100 a month (after tax) for 3 lines on an everything data 3000 plan ($65 monthly credit applied to account + 25% corp discount), as had a F&C 2500 minute plan b4 that I was paying around $105 for and it somehow got messed up, so this was how they fixed it.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    wooo hoooo

just got the $20/24...it was so easy, seems like the guy (james) was wayyy to eager to give me lol. then he tried to offer me the moment and i was like nah!!!

so i get my chase dicount of 27%, plus $20 off for the next 2 yrs...

all i can say is wow.

thank you sprint!!!
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis3k View Post
    wooo hoooo

just got the $20/24...it was so easy, seems like the guy (james) was wayyy to eager to give me lol. then he tried to offer me the moment and i was like nah!!!

so i get my chase dicount of 27%, plus $20 off for the next 2 yrs...

all i can say is wow.

thank you sprint!!!
    Ok what exactly did you guys do to get the $20 off the next two years?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    An update on my situation..
    I called in and was given the $20/24 discount due to the TOS change on the 15th. I noticed today was the same as it had been, & knowing how things simply happen @ Sprint, I figured I'd better call back. As it turns out the discount was going to be applied beginning next month, but because I was nice & reasonable with the CSR, she gave an additional $20. on my present bill.
    Nice!!!
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I just called and they offered me $3 per month off for 24 months with new agreement or cancel all lines with no etf. Here I come verizon. The rep said there is no way he could give me $20 off. I'm getting me a pre +!!!!!
    congrats. now your giving verizon $40 more a month on top of your current sprint bill. You could just hit a button on the pre to go into roam only and be on verizons network. nice move.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    Ok what exactly did you guys do to get the $20 off the next two years?
    call and tell them ur thinking about cancelling, since they changed their terms of service, sprint will do anything to keep you.

they will most likely say, 'ok sir we can do something to make u feel better/fix it'.
    something along those lines and they'll mention the $20/24 deal.

whats so great is that with my 27% discount is was paying 58.76, knock another $20 off that and its almost as if im paying sero all over again.

oh ya, i have the everything 450.

deal cant get sweeter than that
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I will receice 10% more in discounts with vzw and have much better service and a faster phone. Thanks for the congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    congrats. now your giving verizon $40 more a month on top of your current sprint bill. You could just hit a button on the pre to go into roam only and be on verizons network. nice move.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post

When you roam on Verizon, you don't get 3G.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast