Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    This is awesome. Will have to try it.
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I suppose if anyone wants to cancel one of two plans, they should get the $20/24month deal on the one they want to keep, and try to cancel the other at the same time (which should be doable but the CSR will probably try to tell you otherwise).
    I've attempted to cancel my 2nd line twice with no luck. Both CSRs told me that because it was a dispute in the contract, I could cancel both or cancel neither. The second CSR I spoke to offered the 20/24 deal, though, so I'm happy. Once the contract is up on my 2nd line this summer, I'll be below $50/mo. on an Everything Data 450 plan.
  3. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    they said I cant get a discount because I have a spending limit & i have no problems on my account so they could prob remove it. then i tried being straight up with them saying my coworker got a discount & i wanted to see if i could get 1 too. they said i already had a gov discount so they cant do any more.
    my ? is, what should my approach be?
    After my call dopped when negociating, the next person I got refused to give me the corparate discount and the 10/24 at the same time. I said she could see on my account the previous vendor applied both and she siad they were wrong. I thinkcall dropped again or she hang on me. The next person I got was nice and confirmed both discount had been applied. I still will be completly happy when I actually see it on my next bill but I think it worked.
    Just got done my feeble negotiation attempt with Sprint. Had two nice reps who were adamant that the 20/24 deal was ended this weekend. Was able to get 10/12, but still considering terminating contract at this point. After mentioning that I'm still reading others getting 20/24, was told that those who ok'd those discounts should not have. Much prefer to keep my account, but paying for 1500 minutes and only using a fraction of that seems to be a waste. But, who are we all kidding, we're all with Sprint for a reason.

Not sure if this is accurate or already knowledge to most, but I was told that the no-fee termination window was two months after notice. Everything I read either mention January 31st or 30 days after notice. Is this accurate?
    Quote Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
    J Much prefer to keep my account, but paying for 1500 minutes and only using a fraction of that seems to be a waste. But, who are we all kidding, we're all with Sprint for a reason.
    Can't you just go to a cheaper plan with a fraction of the minutes? I thought Sprint let you change your plan with no contract extensions or fees?
  7. kbw
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    after 45 mins(mostly holding) i got $20/mo credit on top of my 23% discount. im in a contract til 2012, but hey thats when the worlds ends right? lol
    besides im sure theyll change the contract again & ill just be able to cancel if i want to in a year or 2.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I called, referenced the $0.20 fee increase and etf details. Was offered a $5 credit for the year to cover the fee. Asked about the $20/mo off offer, she said they got an email saying thay don't offer that deal anymore, and put me on hold to get permission to apply the deal. Came back and said she got permission from her supervisor. So thats what, ($69.99 - $20.00) - 25% = $37.50 + tax? Holy crap thats awesome. New hardware upgrade date was uneffected, July 01 2010, should be plenty of time for a new WebOS device to be released. =) Thank you guys.
    Last edited by Dan000; 01/18/2010 at 06:53 PM.
    I just got the $20/24 also. When I called Sprint my intention was really to cancel but the offer was too good to pass. My monthy charge will now be $39.50 monthly for the 450 plan. It looks like I will be here for a while, I hope the Pre hardware lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Can't you just go to a cheaper plan with a fraction of the minutes? I thought Sprint let you change your plan with no contract extensions or fees?
    None, not for a family plan. Its bothering me how others are getting the 20/24 deal while I had two reps knowingly bs me that the "deal" was over. That was 90 minutes of my life I won't be getting back. Guess I have to try a little harder.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    Is it just me, or does it seem stupid that Sprint would give you a discount of so much, over .25 cents? How does this make sense? If a person doesn't agree with the charge, just take that amount off for the 24 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecoleye View Post
    I've attempted to cancel my 2nd line twice with no luck. Both CSRs told me that because it was a dispute in the contract, I could cancel both or cancel neither. The second CSR I spoke to offered the 20/24 deal, though, so I'm happy. Once the contract is up on my 2nd line this summer, I'll be below $50/mo. on an Everything Data 450 plan.
    I just called retentions directly. I have 3 lines. 2 pres and an instict. I told them i heard because of the change in TOS I could cancel my service with no ETF. She said that was correct. She asked me why I wanted to cancel and told her I just wanted to get rid of the line that had the instinct on it. She said that was ok. I then said I heard about the "20 for 24" deal. She said it was good for only one line, but whereas I have a family plan it's just like getting 20 dollars off for 24 months. The whole process took about 10 minutes. I aslo confirmed my ability to upgrade did not increase. I will still be able to upgrade on June 6, 2010. I hope this helps. Thanks for eveyone else who posted that made this so easy for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
    None, not for a family plan. Its bothering me how others are getting the 20/24 deal while I had two reps knowingly bs me that the "deal" was over. That was 90
    minutes of my life I won't be getting
    back. Guess I have to try a little
    harder.
    check out this thread. It even has a script you can use to help you get a deal: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1725657
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I just now called the 866-235-1185 number directly and told them I was considering cancelling my everything plus family plan (2 lines) because of the ETF exception so that I could go to the Pre Plus under Verizon. I said I might consider staying if they could offer a bit better discount and that I heard about a 20 for 24 deal. She checked my account and said yes, they could offer me $20 off for 24 months from my current plan. I agreed and she put me on hold for 3 minutes before coming back to say it's all set. I asked her to verify it was $20 off the Everything Plus Family plan (as I thought she'd say I have to switch to the regular Everything Data Family plan) but she assured me it will come off the Plus plan I have without any need to switch.
    Maybe I am bad at negotiating, but I called and spoke to someone about switchin my pre over to a hero because I told them i was not happy with the phone, they said company policy can't do it. SO then i asked to be switched to account services, talked to a guy he was nice but wouldn't budge, i told him i was going to port out cause i knew about the no ETF, and he said is there anything we can do, i said yes i heard about the 20/24 deal, he said he couldn't offer that to me because i have a spending limit, he switched me to his manager, on hold for 30 min's, came back and same thing couldn't offer me it cause of my spending limit? I would stay if i got the deal i want to stay as a matter of fact but i find it unfair that because i have a spending limit on my account that I can't get the same deal as everyone else. Thoughts?
    A quick question for you folks in the know:

I signed up for an EPRP plan on Dec. 27th, does that new regulatory fee loophole work for me do you think?

One other question: I got a Palm Pre with device discount and all that good stuff, but when I log into my account it says I'm eligible for a $150 discount on equipment. When I click though, it's seemingly just letting me pick a free phone with the understanding my contract will go through today's date (so just a couple weeks longer than my current contract), can I just request a backup phone this way? Thoughts?

Thanks for any help.
    can you get the 20/24 deal when you have a spending limit on your account? has anyone done this?
    me and three of my co-workers just called in to get the deal. We all got it with no fuss. We even said that we were not interested in canceling. We did not lie about anything just stated facts that we heard. I think this is more of a promotional thing than anything. So now we have corporate discount and the 20$/24month discount. Amazing. I love sprint.

summary of what i did:
    1. call 1-866-235-1185

2. give them your account info

3. tell them why you are calling. (Summary of my words: I understand that due to the recent changes to the regulatory fees and the TOS I could cancel my contract with no ETF (early termination fee). It is also to my understanding that if I stay with sprint and lock in for another two years that I can receive 20$ off each monthly bill. (this is where the rep says yes would you like to do that, I replied with yes, no one lie was stated))

4. enjoy 20$ off plus the 20$ off you are already getting from corporate discount (if your company does not have discount you can still get discount from any company)
    Quote Originally Posted by akashhhhh View Post
    A quick question for you folks in the know:

I signed up for an EPRP plan on Dec. 27th, does that new regulatory fee loophole work for me do you think?

One other question: I got a Palm Pre with device discount and all that good stuff, but when I log into my account it says I'm eligible for a $150 discount on equipment. When I click though, it's seemingly just letting me pick a free phone with the understanding my contract will go through today's date (so just a couple weeks longer than my current contract), can I just request a backup phone this way? Thoughts?

Thanks for any help.
    should work for you. the requirement they told me was that you need to have acount created before 2010 and you need to have never missed a payment.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I noticed in one of the posts here that people can be eligible for a discount if they are a member of a credit union. Anyone know if Navy Federal C/U applies? I have tried to find info on here and on the web, but no luck. Sprints website only directed me to UPGRADE info. Any thoughts/direction would be appreciated.

I hope this 20/24 would apply for me as well. Sprint screwed me out of my EPRP discount and told me oh well. I'm still within my 30 days on my personal account (also have a company account). I'd hate to cancel, but being eligible for the EPRP and having it not applied to my account is wrong. Can't stand this love-hate relationship with Sprint.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast