Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    First of all, thanks for all this info...

I've been hating Sprint ever since I switched from Verizon last June to get the Pre, for the simple reason that I get zero reception at work which makes the phone basically useless 10+ hours a day. So I'd been planning on switching back to Verizon as soon as the Pre Plus is launched, regardless of the ETF.

To add my experience to the mix... I called the retentions number above and they confirmed that I can cancel without ETF for the fees/T&C change issue. I asked if they could set my contract to expire at the end of the month now, before I make a decision about canceling, and the rep said they couldn't do that, I had basically 30 days from when I got notification of the T&C change to cancel without the ETF. So I'll call back on Jan 25th Good to know at least I won't have to pay the ETF to get off of Sprint's crappy (in my area) network...
    I tried calling them and the first person told me that I couldn't get the "20 for 24 months" deal because I have a speeding limit on my account (due to not having much credit since I'm young). I called again and a little sassy lady picked up. I made it sound like I was considering leaving because of the .40 cents, and she was going through a speech about how the other carriers charges are more. Then I asked about the promotion and she said yes. She saw I had a speeding limit and said that I can't get the promotion because of it. Is that true or is that just something they are saying and I should keep calling them?

As a side note, I received a letter about the $4.99 increase, but the latest bill only increased by 20 cents. Any reason for this? Or should I just keep my mouth shut that they are only charging me the 20 cents and not the five dollars?
    My friend works for the same company and he called to try and get the same deal. We both get a 25% discount through our company, and he was told that he cannot get both discounts. The rep also said that even if he put it in the system, it will not take, the higher discount will override the $20 per month deal. When I called today, my corporate discount was not mentioned. I guess I will have to wait until I get my bill to know for sure. Has anyone else got both for sure?
    He called back and spoke to someone else and they gave him the 20/24 deal with corporate discount. I know 2 other people that called today and was offered only 10.00. One was told this morning that the 20.00 offer was over but they could get 10.00. I guess it comes down to who you talk to? Odd.

Darren
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post
    He called back and spoke to someone else and they gave him the 20/24 deal with corporate discount. I know 2 other people that called today and was offered only 10.00. One was told this morning that the 20.00 offer was over but they could get 10.00. I guess it comes down to who you talk to? Odd.

Darren
    Welcome to Sprint, where you'll get a different answer every time you call. I was offered $10 initially and received $20.00 only after mentioning I read about that specific discount.
    let me get this strait i have to wait for my next billing cycle and then call retention ? because the extra was not on my bill just trying to make sure.
    Thanks you guys. i called, was informed i couldnt get a corp discount because i have a business account. I saidi was gonna cancel my account and open a personal account with verison for the pre plus. The CSR said she could transfer my liability from business to personal, she did it then applied my corp discount to my account for 25% off per month. Said it takes up to 2 billing cycles to show up. gonna call back monday to ty for the 20/24. what the H*** cant hurt to try both.
    Quote Originally Posted by csrredcoat View Post

Darren
    Maybe they offer less depending on "how desirable" they consider each customer. (ie: if you have a good payment record, and don't waste a lot of time with the CSRs, you get the better deal.) While I sort of doubt this, there was a time in the past where Sprint offered to "buy outs" of contracts to some of their most undesirable customers - so they probably still have metrics available to make this sort of determination.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone at this number 866-235-1185 and I got put on a 27% corporate discount as well as $23 a month credit for 24 months. I told them I wanted to leave because of the ETF waiver due to the change in contract as well as the recently announced Plan price drops on AT&T in retaliation to Verizon's drop. I actually had to mention that others had been getting $20 off per line for 24 months. She came back and said the most she could do was $23 off of one line per month for 24 months.

I was paying $176/month for 3 Pre's on the 1500 everything data family share plan and an airrave.

My plan dropped to $86 a month after this phone call. Thanks for all the assistance of everyone in this thread.

Daaknes
    After hours on the phone, drop calls, etc... It was extremelly frustrating at time. I was disconnected at least 2 times and when i called back, the employee would see the 20/24 deal apply on the top of my corporate discount and tell me I could not have both. I think I finally got it now, after talking to around 7 persons. However, i won't believe it until I see my next bill
    For those of you who switch to a new plan and got the 20/24, can you see the updatedplan in your ac**** online? I still see my power pack 450 plan.
    I am currently on the phone with the corporate discount folks, and they state I am not eligible because of the simply everything plan. I am working on getting a different plan to see what is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrowEW View Post
    I am currently on the phone with the corporate discount folks, and they state I am not eligible because of the simply everything plan. I am working on getting a different plan to see what is possible.
    Can you clarify what you mean? I think there is a difference between "corporate plan" and "corporate discount" (which you said above). I believe on a "corporate plan", the employer is liable for paying the bill. I'm not sure "corporate discount" is an actual term (or if it is, it's confusing), but I think the concept is that you get a discount for working for a company that Sprint somehow benefits from (ie: usually you have a large number of employees and your HR publicizes Sprints plans in some way). [If we have any HR people here, perhaps they can fill in the details.]

If you can transfer the liability from your corporation to yourself, you might be able to keep the discount and also get the 20for24 deal. (I think someone said earlier in this thread that they did exactly this.) They'll probably run a credit check in the process.

EDIT: If I'm wrong. someone please correct me.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    Hello everyone.

I just was doing a little searching and saw that Sprint raised one of their monthly fees.

The fee increase was very minimal: $0.40 per line per month, but nonetheless, this constitutes a change in terms and therefore gives you the opportunity to get out of your current contract with them.

I read this in a few places online and checked my bill to be sure it had actually happened and then called Sprint to ask about it.

When I got on the phone with the Customer service rep I asked if this allowed me to get out of my contract and she confirmed that it did, I then asked if there were any concessions Sprint was willing to make to keep me in contract with them and she said that there were....

She then offered me $20 per month for 24 months if I was willing to extend my current contract with Sprint for 2 years from today.

I gladly accepted as any mathematician can tell you that $20 per month is much more than $0.20 per month.

Anyway, I just wanted to send along this information in case any of you wanted to call and see if this would work for you.

Call: 1-888-211-4727

It will confirm your phone, press "1"

Then press "3" an then "4" on the next two menus and you will get to customer service. That was all it took for me.

I hope this helps. It's a great deal as long as you're willing to stay with Sprint for the next 2 years or until they change their TOS again.

Edit:

I have seen people asking about whether or not this will impact your ability to upgrade your phone and it will not. I made sure to ask this when I was on the call before accepting the offer as I didn't want to run into issues with hoping my Pre lasts me for 2.5 years instead of just 2 which was the plan when I bought it.

We are premier, but I don't know if that enables both phones to be upgraded after 1 year or just the main phone on the line.
    I just got off of the phone with Sprint and thanks to this forum, I got $20 deal as well. Thanks again!!
    I called the cancellation dept and they offered $25 off a month or to cancel with no etf but i said i wanted to stay with sprint, he checked with a manager and released me from my contract. i am not on a month to month plan. downside is they can change their rates on me when ever they want.
    Sprint called it a Corporate Discount.

The phone is mine, on my bill, that I am responsible for it. Then I get a discount for being associated/working with/for the company which has the deal with Sprint. I mentioned that my company worked in the financial sector and did some name dropping. They looked up my company name.. and of course the phone call dropped while on hold. I still have a 15% discount from a previous employer attached to my account. BUT I do not receive it since I am on the "already heavily discounted" Simply Everything Plan. I am calling back here shortly.
    Before calling again, do some googling and see if Sprint offers a >15% discount with your current employer. If you find that they do (or you tired and found no info, or only "old" info), call Sprint back. Let them know you made an effort to find out before calling back and mention that the first call on this subject was dropped. In my case, I have a 10% discount for belonging to a credit union. Membership in any credit union will do, and the discount is applied to my $69.xx Everything Data 450 plan. I just showed the sales rep my ATM card for the credit union when I bought the Pre. The discount took a month or two before it showed up on my bills. If they don't allow you to have a corporate discount on your everything plan, ask if they will allow the credit union discount. (If you have what they call an "EPRP plan" which is an everything plan that was set up through a Sprint Employee Referral, Sprint CSRs told me you can't get a discount on top of those plans.)
    I changed my plan to the "Everything Data Family/Share 1500". Now that it has free mobile to mobile it should keep me below 1500 minutes, before I was hitting near 2000 min and they didnt have the 3000 plan yet. So right off I am saving $70/month. I'll see what I can do since I saw SAIC gets a 20% discount.. which I do work for(as a contractor). I'll see if I can get the 20/24 first, and then get the discount applied. I will be thrilled to save $100+/month.
    I changed my plan to the "Everything Data Family/Share 1500". Now that it has free mobile to mobile it should keep me below 1500 minutes, before I was hitting near 2000 min and they didnt have the 3000 plan yet. So right off I am saving $70/month. I'll see what I can do since I saw SAIC gets a 20% discount.. which I do work for(as a contractor). I'll see if I can get the 20/24 first, and then get the discount applied. I will be thrilled to save $100+/month.
    I got my 24% corp. discount while working as a contractor. All they needed was an email address with @companyname.com in it. I'm guessing it's still the same?
    Now that I have lowered my bill amount, they are quoting that for reasons not to give me the 20/24 deal... I just bounced to 3 different departments before being hung up on! I havent given up yet though.
    Now that I have lowered my bill amount, they are quoting that for reasons not to give me the 20/24 deal... I just bounced to 3 different departments before being hung up on! I havent given up yet though.
    I noticed a similar "gray area" during my calls. I guess there is not much you can do about it. You still have "headroom" by getting a corporate or credit union discount applied to your bill. (You said SAIC gets 12%, and you can get at least 10% by belonging to any credit union.)

In my case, I had called twice before (with the first of those two calls being dropped). My goal was to first lower my bill (as you were doing). Because I had called Account Services, during the first two calls, whn I asked for the 20for24 deal, they first mentioned they would need to review things because I had already been given concessions related to a possible cancellation. While it might be too late for OldCrowEW, I guess the lesson learned here is to not press option 6 (cancel your service) when first trying to reduce your bill.