Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I GOT TO SAY I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY ALL I DID WAS CALL SPRINT UP TOLD THEM MY PROBLEM AND THEY GAVE ME THATSWEET DEAL $20 OFF FOR 24 MTHS.THANKS TOO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS TREAD.
    I just called and was told my plan with fees would only go up by 1.60 so she offered me 3.00 off for 24 months to cover the difference I laughed told her I will go to verizon for Palm pre plus (not really but threat is there) will call back in a few minutes. Do they notate conversations on accounts. I also get a 22%discount how is this affected on everyone else.
    called back got a different person. He first offered me 10 month for 1 year. I asked how some people were getting 10 month for 2 years. Put on hold for few minutes he then came back and said they were not allowed to give discounts anymore to offset reg fees. I told him how unhappy i was with the pre i bought( few minor problems but they are fixable). I told him i was going to get the phones from verizon. He then tells me that I will pay alot more than 40 cent per phone with verizon.

Now no discount for me. Should I keep trying?
  4.    #84  
    keep trying.
    do they keep a log of all your conversations to see that you are trying with multiple reasons or csr's to get the discount?
    I'm pretty sure they will at least know how many times you call. My experience is that each CSR rep typically adds notes during or after the call.

Maybe they are dropping the discounts now that they have some percentage of people already "re-up'ed".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Did anyone manage to get the 10/24 or 20/24 credit on an EPRP (new-SERO) plan?
    I just made the call (*2) on my Pre and got customer service. The guy told me that my account did not have that offer available, but i did have the option for a $5 credit or 75 extra minutes. I told him that I knew people that had received this $20 promotion and that I wanted to know how I was to get this promotion on my account.

I was very nice and courteous the entire time, but I could tell that this was not the guy that was going to be able to help me out. After asking if there was anyone I could talk to regarding the promotion he said he could ask his supervisor. I said ok and waited on hold for a good 15 minutes.

Finally, after restating all of my account info to a new person, he told me that I would be able to receive the $20 credit for 24 months and it would start on my next billing cycle. Add that with the 25% corporate discount I get, this is a pretty kick *** deal!
    Called back today after making my monthly payment and everything went great. 20 per month on top of my 22 % employee discount. Got confirmation number but could not get an email to confirm so we will wait and see.

1 866 235 1185 went direct to retentions
    Thanks everyone! I called back in this morning to the number firecapt13 gave for retentions, asked them politely if i could get in on the discount and he gave it right to me! $20 off my bill for the next 2 years! He told me customer service was wrong telling me I couldnt have the discount if you also have an employer discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by oftel101 View Post
    ... I could tell that this was not the guy that was going to be able to help me out. ... he could ask his supervisor. [...SUCCESS]
    I read somewhere on the Internet (perhaps here) about rumors of layoffs at Sprint, so not all CSRs (including some of the better ones) are not going to take chances. Thanks for sharing the your successful strategy.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I just got off the line with retentions, and was initially refused, but after mentioning I had read of the $20.00 credit and running some Irish charm, the CSR applied the credit. Thanks to everyone for the info!
    Another note:

When I called, I asked for the "20 for 24 deal"... I don't know if it actually helps but sometimes when you use a companies internal lingo the workers use, they know you know what you are talking about and help you out a little more.
    Guys, I have a business account with sprint. Just how do you get this corporate discount that you are talking about??? i have the shared 1500 min plan with three phones. At least tell me how you get the $20 of for 24 months discount. Thanks. I feel like ive been over paying for years.
    Just called the retentions direct line 1 866 235 1185 and told them I heard about the .40 TOS change and asked If I could cancel my contract without any fees to which she replied yes. I then said I heard some friends of mine (you guys are my friends) got a $20 credit for 24 months and asked if I was eligible. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes and came back and said "YES". I have 4 lines and get a 20% corporate discount. She said it would be only for my primary line and not all 4 but hey..20.00 off per month is great! Thanks to everyone!!!!!

Darren
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    Yea,

Give us the steps to take. I have the 1500 Family plan (Unlimited) and I am paying around 160 I think, gotta make sure. I really need some steps to lower my bill lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Guys, I have a business account with sprint. Just how do you get this corporate discount that you are talking about??? i have the shared 1500 min plan with three phones. At least tell me how you get the $20 of for 24 months discount. Thanks. I feel like ive been over paying for years.
    Read the posts earlier in this thread and it will be obvious what to do. Then get a company discount of at least 10% (by being a member of a credit union). Check with Sprint to see if your current employer has a greater than 10% discount before opening an account at your local credit union in the event you don't already use a credit union. Then bring your ATM card or passbook to the sprint store and ask for the discount. It will take a couple of weeks before you get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Read the posts earlier in this thread and it will be obvious what to do. Then get a company discount of at least 10% (by being a member of a credit union). Check with Sprint to see if your current employer has a greater than 10% discount before opening an account at your local credit union in the event you don't already use a credit union. Then bring your ATM card or passbook to the sprint store and ask for the discount. It will take a couple of weeks before you get it.
    He can't get a corporate discount since he has a business line.. Credits are the best he could do unless he switches it over to a Consumer Liable account.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I was able to get the 20/24 on top of my 27% company discount which I just recieved 2 days ago.
    I paid only $50 for my pre and my fiance's pre. And my bill is only $140 after taxes and fees give or take a dollar or 2 longer and shorter months. This is for the 1500 min (unlimited) family plan. So I actually pay little less than the national averge for each. The national average is about $80 a phone. Paying only $70 a phone is not bad, when my fiance use pay a hell of alot more when she was on AT&T. I pay a little lower from going to the Sprints website and going through this employee discount process, they sent an email to my work Email and confirmed and bill was adjusted.
    I was also able to get the 20/24 deal by renewing my contract. At first the operator told me that this would replace my 25% credit union discount, but she double checked and corrected herself.

I had luck calling retentions directly at this number with no wait times: 1-866-235-1185.

I await my next bill for confirmation.