Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    ***WARNING: I FAILED ENGLISH IN SCHOOL, THIS IS NOT THE APPROPRIATE WAY TO WRITE....I JUST EXCITED***

Well I just called them back, *2 on my pre, customer service, and the lady asked me if I would like to be transferred to account services, yes was my answer, and told her I am not disputing the 20 cent charge, but I am asking you do to the change in t&c, I can now cancel my service with no etf. She asked if I wanted to cancel, I told her I have read that you are offering $20 off bill every month for 24 months. She asked would you like that, i said yes. done deal!!!! Persistence wins.........PS I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE INTERNET. I ALSO LOVE PRECENTRAL. THANKS
    Sprint has been absolutly amazing to me over the years but latley wow. They gave me a free airrave and free airrave service. Last week i called to ask about a new battery for my wifes phone as it was bad. they had no razr batterys and she had 5 months left until her 2 year upgrade BUT they told me to buy any phone from the list they gave me . centro. lotus etc and it would be free. The store applied the $75 discount and when I emailed them the recieipt with the $160 balance they credited my account for it. They also let me get a PRE for nothing pretty much even though I also did not hot my 1 year $150 off. Then they give me this $20 credit a month to subsidize my sons phone. ANd threw in a few months of Family locatoro. I got three lines on the 1500 family plan with family locator, airrave all for $129 a month. I absolutley will never leave sprint for treating me so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by lou27md View Post
    Just got off the phone with them. They wouldn't give us anything, and we're premier members! Are you folks having more luck walking into the store? Thanks
    Call again and you'll likely get a different answer. I told the rep that I know I can leave without being charged the ETF, but instead, can I receive the $20 off for 24 months which my friend received? That way it puts the pressure on them if they know you are aware of the offer.
    On the phone with sprint as i type. Just to let anyone know u have to have been on time with your payments for the last 12 months" supposedly" to be eligible for the 20/24 credit anyone ever late on your payments and still get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    On the phone with sprint as i type. Just to let anyone know u have to have been on time with your payments for the last 12 months" supposedly" to be eligible for the 20/24 credit anyone ever late on your payments and still get it?
    Not sure if that is entirely accurate, but i would feign a call being dropped and then quickly call back and try a different csr and see if they say the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    someone in this thread said theyve only been with Sprint since October and they still got it.

and im currently running a negative balance so i hope they dont try that with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    Not sure if that is entirely accurate, but i would feign a call being dropped and then quickly call back and try a different csr and see if they say the same thing.
    Tried twice LOL if someone else tells me they did it ill try again .......The 2nd guy told me "there are certain criteria that must be met...put me on hold came back and said wasn't available for me"
    I'm also now on the phone rolling the dice, i had a csr that was trying to avoid sending me to account services, finally convinced her to transfer me to there. once i got transferred to account services, it was all downhill from there. I played incompetent and was making her talk about all changes in detail and then stated i bet you're getting more calls about this, she said yeah we're getting more people calling, i then asked what sprint was trying to do to keep their customers and she then spilled the beans about the 20/24 plan and then she offered it to me.

the hardest part was getting to account services, once you get there and not tick them off it should be smooth sailing.

Also i've been late on my bill acouple times since i got my pre and that did not prevent me.
    Last edited by victorkruger; 01/13/2010 at 11:31 PM. Reason: sorry didn't reallize that the P*ss was a naughty word
    You guys rock. I followed the directions of Stevieq and got the 20/24! I told the rep I didnt want to cancel, and mentioned that my friend got that deal and I was just curious to see if I could get the same deal. I told her multiple times that I wasn't leaving, but that I just wanted to know my options. When I mentioned the deal, she said, no problem, we can do that. Thanks guys!
    looks like im calling sprint tomorrow, 450 data with 25% discount and this will be awesome!!
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Wow is all I can say. I just called sprint to set up the family locator and the operator asked me if I wanted to extend my contract to January 2011 and they will give me $70 credit on my account instantly. My contract expires middile of 2010 so was a no brainer. I love Sprint.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Well, I called. They offered me the 20/24 but told me I would lose my 23% employee discount plan. :P Said I couldn't have both discounts. I would have to pick. Kept my % off as seeing how we will be doing a family plan with Sprint at some point with in the year.
    for the people that extended their contract for 2 years, did that affect your phone upgrade schedule? I want to make sure I can get the Pre 2 in June :-)
    no it has no affect on the upgrade schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Wow is all I can say. I just called sprint to set up the family locator and the operator asked me if I wanted to extend my contract to January 2011 and they will give me $70 credit on my account instantly. My contract expires middile of 2010 so was a no brainer. I love Sprint.
    I had a similar experience a couple of months back when I simply called *2 to ask some questions while my wife was driving somewhere and we wanted to know when her phone would be eligible for an upgrade. I still got the 20/24 deal yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    for the people that extended their contract for 2 years, did that affect your phone upgrade schedule? I want to make sure I can get the Pre 2 in June :-)
    It should not affect the upgrade schedule.

They said to me that it will not affect my upgrade eligibility, just the termination date of the phone service on the primary line. (In my case, on only one of my two primary lines.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    Well, I called. They offered me the 20/24 but told me I would lose my 23% employee discount plan. :P Said I couldn't have both discounts. I would have to pick. Kept my % off as seeing how we will be doing a family plan with Sprint at some point with in the year.
    Yuk. You should call back and try to get the discount back on. The manager I was escalated to said the discount did not need to go away. If you call back (*2, listen to the voice prompt, and type 6 when it finishes), explain what happened and that you have several "friends" who had a different experience. Since this is after the fact, they will probably need to escalate you to a manager to fix it (but maybe not if you get the right person in the first place).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I just called and tried this.. they said since I'm on a corporate account, I can only have one discount. The rep told me that only one discount will go through in the system and my "friends" that said they got both discounts will only end up with one on their bill. I'm not fully convinced.

He did offer me a free month's service (not sure if it requires me to extend my contract, I said I'd call back).

Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    They lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy7 View Post
    They lied.
    They gave me the same line.. I asked how my 'friends' got the deal then and he said if I gave him one of their phone numbers, he could verify if they in fact get both discounts.
  20.    #80  
    I would just like to thank everyone here on the these forums that pointed this out, other wise I would have got nothing.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.