Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post

Now the question is since I am Sprint premier customer can I still upgrade my phone after my year is up even though they extended my contract 2 years?
    check your account online.

your contract probably reset to begin on today's date. if it did, then no, you probably won't be able to upgrade until January of 2011.

dont quote me though.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    ok this is good, i wont have time to call them till next week monday.

thanks everyone for their input, and i'll let you guys know what happens.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    I might give them a call tomorrow. Right now I'm on a the 450 minute Everything data plan. After corporate discounts and company reimbursements I pay just over $10. This would make it free for the next 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    check your account online.

your contract probably reset to begin on today's date. if it did, then no, you probably won't be able to upgrade until January of 2011.

dont quote me though.
    Actually, headset and contract renewals are independent of each other; except in the case of upgrading, which would renew the contract for 2 years from the date of the upgrade.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I did the $20 discount for 24 month call today. I referenced the .40 cent regulatory fee, but spoke more to the change in T&C (terms and conditions) that were updated on Jan 1. I felt awkward disputing 20 cents. If you google cancel sprint etf or such, and/or search the sprint website, you'll find links to the changed T&C's.

I asked to be transferred to Account Services, and speak to an opportunity to benefit from a change in contract terms.

Also, when I asked, the renewed contract did not reset the 12 month clock for phone upgrades, nor impact premier status even though my credit union discount and the new $20 discount (it's actually a credit) dropped my family plan below $100 / month.
    thats pretty ridiculously awesome if the phone upgrade date stays the same.

im calling tomorrow after i have about 6 Rockstars.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    Actually, headset and contract renewals are independent of each other; except in the case of upgrading, which would renew the contract for 2 years from the date of the upgrade.
    Sweet, so I can still upgrade my Pre in 5 months then! Thanks for the free $480 Sprint!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    Sweet, so I can still upgrade my Pre in 5 months then! Thanks for the free $480 Sprint!
    Just to confirm, before agreeing to accept the discount I did confirm that this new contract did not impact my ability to upgrade phones and she confirmed that my upgrade date would still be dated back to 6/6/09.

So everyone should be good, but it's definitely a question worth asking when you're on the phone with Sprint.
    Thanks to this post. I have been wanting to add a third line to my plan for my son. I already have a centro and wanted to add that but they wanted $20 extra a month AND a new 2 year agreement on a phone I already own. But I called retentions and nicely said. I heard about the option to cancel. I admitted I was not going to cancel but wanted to see if they can help me. She said sure. were giving anyone who wantes to cancel a $20 a month credit for 2 years so that will offset the $20 new phone fee. Perfect.
    Bump...go get your free $$$ people!
    I just came out and asked for the $20 off for 24 months for renewing my contract instead of canceling...she said sure! (I did start off telling her I'd done some research and was aware that I could cancel w/o ETF fee due to the change in T&C) Very happy!
    Same here. I presented them with two scenarios: one where I get a totally new EPRP plan (under my wife's name, and then port the existing lines and then cancel), and the other where I just re-up and get the $20 deal. They ran the numbers both ways for me and I chose to re-up because that option was cheaper in my case.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    with me being only four months into a contract, i wonder if i can get the 20/24 for renewing.

still havent gotten around to calling. im waiting on my bill to show up online.
  14.    #54  
    I just called last night, they were great. I got $20 off each line and Text added to my other line for only $1. Sprint rocks.
    Just because your sitting behind a computer does not give you the right to be rude to other's, try being nice you'll get a lot farther in the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    I just called last night, they were great. I got $20 off each line and Text added to my other line for only $1. Sprint rocks.
    You did well! I only got the $20/24month deal on one line.

Before asking for the $20 deal, I had been trying to fix some problems on my account (that I noticed after upgrading a phone for my wife). When I bought my daughter's phone I bought 300 texts for $5/month, but they accidentally put it on my son's phone (and he never texts). During the purchase of my daugher's phone, they had found a plan code for 100 texts for free, and I had them add that to the other phones at that time. When I called to complain about the 300 text package being put on the wrong line, my call got disconnected before we finished. I waited 10 minutes before calling back. When I called back, I learned that the CSR from the dropped call had added 500 texts for $1 to my daughter's line, but that my son (who doesn't text) still had the 300 texts for $5, so I deleted this via the web page. I mentioned this to my wife and she asked if I could get the 100 texts for free added back on (cause some people might text him). When I called, they only had a plan code for 300 texts for free. I had them add this to my two son's account and the 500 for $1 to my wife's. My pre is on an everything 450 plan so this was not applicable for it.

Today I called back about either canceling and starting a new plan, or getting the $20/24month deal. They said they could only add this on one phone. I suppose if anyone wants to cancel one of two plans, they should get the $20/24month deal on the one they want to keep, and try to cancel the other at the same time (which should be doable but the CSR will probably try to tell you otherwise).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Ack...I am so going to have to call. I only just came over to sprint in October, wonder if that will make a difference.
    $20 off a month would be huge!
    Quote Originally Posted by angieh View Post
    Ack...I am so going to have to call. I only just came over to sprint in October, wonder if that will make a difference.
    $20 off a month would be huge!
    if i can get an additional twenty off what im paying now, id basically stay with them forever.

or until someone else gets a phone id rather have
    Just got off the phone with them. They wouldn't give us anything, and we're premier members! Are you folks having more luck walking into the store? Thanks
    I called Sprint and spoke to a CSR in the Cancelation Department...not a general CSR. I was less than 2 months into my contract (11/09) and I still received the 20/24.
    well I just called the phone # listed on one of the post. No go for me at the moment. The csr on the line was unaware of the regulatory change. He also admitted to me that his family is in real estate and sprint has a clause that allows them to change these rates. While telling me this, it kind of sounded like he wasn't reading that off of his script. He then got his supervisor on the phone and they did find the info about the .20 increase, but said that there was nothing they could do. I guess I will have to try again and hope someother call center answers.

I currently have the 450 anytime everything plan with 25% employer discount. I just looked at my bill and I used 111 anytime minutes for the last 2 months. I wish there was a plan lower than the 450.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast