Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    Yea,

Give us the steps to take. I have the 1500 Family plan (Unlimited) and I am paying around 160 I think, gotta make sure. I really need some steps to lower my bill lol.
    Call retentions and roll the dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexHergensheimer View Post
    man i wish i had a clue what you guys were talking about regarding "SERO" and "TEP."
    SERO = Sprint Employee Referral Offer. It's an old plan that is no longer offered where a Sprint employee had to give you their information and then you could get on a plan that was like $30 with 500 minutes or something like that.

TEP = Total Equipment Protection = Phone insurance.

Sounds pretty sketchy to me, the referral program or whatever.
    theres nothing sketchy about them. EPRP is the new SERO replacement, but it's for new accounts only.

Wish I could take part though... My plan was from 6 years ago-- 29 dollars/mon. Sprint FORCED me to go to 69/mon. just to get the Pre. I occasionally do work for a company owned by Comcast so I get a 20% off coupon code for my Sprint bill. I think it comes out to 54/mon., maybe 60 with fees totalled.
    That's the best youre gonna get on an existing line of service unless you were sent notice that you will be getting the extra 5 dollar a month charge tacked on. if you are, then you can take your chances on threatening to cancel and see if you are offered money off or a way out the door.
    I like to save money too, but Sprint has been pretty good with customers lately. I guess I'd recommend looking at your "usage" vs what you are paying for and try to optimize things a bit more. Ie: if your plan is old, you might be paying for early nights and weekends for a child who only calls your cell phone, etc. Remove what you don't use if it's costing you money!
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    I pay about $50 a month for 2 phones (bb tour and pre) and an unlimited aircard all with insurance. Sprint is so generous they send me a paycheck too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malix View Post
    Yea,

Give us the steps to take. I have the 1500 Family plan (Unlimited) and I am paying around 160 I think, gotta make sure. I really need some steps to lower my bill lol.
    First of all - if you have the 1500 - then the only thing unlimited is the Data usage - not the airtime, but that is a moot point.

I'm assuming you have more than 2 phones on the 1500 plan, right?
    Do you have a corporate discount?

If not - follow these simple steps...
    Sign on to your Sprint.com account. Click on the "chat now" feature to IM with a rep. Tell them you, your wife, or someone on your plan works for one of the companies on the following lists (HOT!!!! Official List of Employee Discounts for Sprint Customers--Discounts for Various Employees--10 to 25% off) The discounts range from 5% to 27%. I have a 27% discount. They don't question this much - and if they do, just tell them that your wife works in the legal department at, say, CitiGroup and she can't give out her e-mail address for legal reasons - they never do a verification ever.

Also, think about it this way - why should sprint give you a discount based on the company you work for? Sprint and companies (i.e. Citigroup) negotiate these things so that Citigroup will promote Sprint as their cellphone company of choice - they'll tell their employees to use it. In-turn, Sprint gets more customers because CitiGroup is huge. If there's a discount out there - anyone should be able to use it.

To clear up the other issue someone else mentioned about my scenario - I originally had two lines (a Treo and a Centro). Both of these phones were on a $2.50/month plan (look it up, it existed - google "Sprint $2.50"). When the Pre came out - I upgraded my Treo - and was forced off of the $2.50 plan to an everything data plan (69.99/month). I already had a 27% discount on the account - so my bill was around $53 + taxes/fees. About a month ago, I received a letter from sprint saying I was being forced off the $2.50/month plan - because they caught on (it was basically a back-door loophole fluke plan). I called yesterday to complain that my bill was going to go from ~$53/month to ~$95/month + taxes (which is the family everything data 1500 at $129.99 with a 27% discount). They - without any pressure to quit on my part - told me that if I renewed my Pre contract for another 2 years, they would give me $20/month off of my bill... and I said DONE DEAL!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I just threatened to cancel and def got the wrong dude. He called me out on it and just told me to cancel then after saying I was trying to take advantage of an opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbgrules View Post
    I just threatened to cancel and def got the wrong dude. He called me out on it and just told me to cancel then after saying I was trying to take advantage of an opportunity.
    The problem with everyone "threatening to cancel" is that most people go about it the wrong way. You have to have a valid reason you want to cancel, and a valid concern that if you stay with Sprint, you either wont be able to pay your bill, or you will be completely dissatisfied with their service. Just threatening to cancel because you want a lower bill is not valid - it's easy to recognize and I commend Sprint for calling people out on it. You need to work on getting corp. discounts to lower your bill, or provide a true apples to apples comparison between Sprint and another company - showing that Sprint is charging you more. Nuff said.
    Quote Originally Posted by j0sh097 View Post
    So what number did you guys call and what did you say? I'd feel a little awkward calling just to complain about $0.40
    Yes please, can someone explain what exactly you all are talking about?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    The problem with everyone "threatening to cancel" is that most people go about it the wrong way. You have to have a valid reason you want to cancel, and a valid concern that if you stay with Sprint, you either wont be able to pay your bill, or you will be completely dissatisfied with their service. Just threatening to cancel because you want a lower bill is not valid - it's easy to recognize and I commend Sprint for calling people out on it. You need to work on getting corp. discounts to lower your bill, or provide a true apples to apples comparison between Sprint and another company - showing that Sprint is charging you more. Nuff said.
    I spoke to them and this time had a valid concern(wasn't just making stuff up) about how in the Boston area I get put on roaming a lot or have my 3G switing from Ev to 1x a lot. I then mentioned that the roaming obviously ment I was on Verizon's network a lot so I was paying them to be on someone else's network. This caused them to offer $20/month off my bill fro 24 months.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Hello everyone.

I just was doing a little searching and saw that Sprint raised one of their monthly fees.

The fee increase was very minimal: $0.40 per line per month, but nonetheless, this constitutes a change in terms and therefore gives you the opportunity to get out of your current contract with them.

I read this in a few places online and checked my bill to be sure it had actually happened and then called Sprint to ask about it.

When I got on the phone with the Customer service rep I asked if this allowed me to get out of my contract and she confirmed that it did, I then asked if there were any concessions Sprint was willing to make to keep me in contract with them and she said that there were....

She then offered me $20 per month for 24 months if I was willing to extend my current contract with Sprint for 2 years from today.

I gladly accepted as any mathematician can tell you that $20 per month is much more than $0.20 per month.

Anyway, I just wanted to send along this information in case any of you wanted to call and see if this would work for you.

Call: 1-888-211-4727

It will confirm your phone, press "1"

Then press "3" an then "4" on the next two menus and you will get to customer service. That was all it took for me.

I hope this helps. It's a great deal as long as you're willing to stay with Sprint for the next 2 years or until they change their TOS again.

Edit:

I have seen people asking about whether or not this will impact your ability to upgrade your phone and it will not. I made sure to ask this when I was on the call before accepting the offer as I didn't want to run into issues with hoping my Pre lasts me for 2.5 years instead of just 2 which was the plan when I bought it.

We are premier, but I don't know if that enables both phones to be upgraded after 1 year or just the main phone on the line.
    Last edited by stevieq; 01/13/2010 at 08:19 AM. Reason: updated information
    stevieq....how far into your contract were you when you called?
    I got a 12% discount from a deal one of my primary companies I work with had with Sprint. I had no idea they even had such an agreement but it came up in conversation and it was easy to establish. Lesson learned.....it doesn't hurt to ask!
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Quote Originally Posted by clemgrad85 View Post
    I got a 12% discount from a deal one of my primary companies I work with had with Sprint. I had no idea they even had such an agreement but it came up in conversation and it was easy to establish. Lesson learned.....it doesn't hurt to ask!
    i get a 27% discount and im not affiliated with any Sprint company.

it doesnt hurt to Google!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I just called retention and politely inquired about the increase in fees and if that made me eligible to cancel without early terimination fees. I was told that I can cancel with no fees but that they would offer me $10/mo for a year to stay. I replied that didnt entice me very much and they countered with $20/mo for 24 months in which I agreed. I just renewed my contract on 12/30/2009 so it only changed my date about a week or so. No big deal. Thansk for the info Slivkjs and StevieQ
    Last edited by vman77; 01/12/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slivkjs View Post
    I recently had to change my plan (see my post above) to something other than a $2.50/month plan (not on the pre - but on a Centro).

I called sprint - they gave me the Shared Family Everything data (1500 minutes, all data/texting/Nav/Etc.) for $129.99/month. With this I have a 27% corp discount and then they offered me a $20/month credit for 24 months just for re-signing a 2 year contract on my Pre.

So - here's my plan (not including any taxes or gov fees).

Everything Data Shared 1500
    $129.99 normal monthly charge
    ($35.10) 27% corp. discount
    ($20.00) 24 month recurring credit for signing new contract

$74.89 Total BEFORE taxes and fees.

For two phones - sharing 1500 minutes, and having the anymobile anytime plan, with full data and texting - I think this is pretty darn good. (~ $38 for each phone per month)
    I basically got the same exact deal as you did. 2 phones, a Pre and BB TOUR. $80 with taxes included, but I also got free international calling also, which I got included years ago when they had a special offer for that.

My advice, being that I have been with Sprint since the 90's, is just don't talk to any representative, go right to account service department(retention). Usually Sprint screws up my bill at least once a year, and they give me something new each time they mess up my account.
    $20 demo line , unlimited text calling data sprint tv and sprint nav
    I caled and they said I had to wait till the fee showed up on my bill and call within 30 days... So I cannot cancel it now? I have to wait till I get my next bill? Bull@#$%
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    stevieq....how far into your contract were you when you called?
    Both my wife and I got our Pre's on launch day so we were I guess 7 months into the contract. We have been with Sprint for a long time and have no plans of leaving so I saw no harm in agreeing to 2 more years.

Plus, I figure they'll probably change fees again at some point which would give me another out should I feel the need to leave.

hope that helps.

Good luck to you on your call if you decide to make it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    Both my wife and I got our Pre's on launch day so we were I guess 7 months into the contract. We have been with Sprint for a long time and have no plans of leaving so I saw no harm in agreeing to 2 more years.

Plus, I figure they'll probably change fees again at some point which would give me another out should I feel the need to leave.

hope that helps.

Good luck to you on your call if you decide to make it.
    thanks. i just joined Sprint in October though, so I don't have the legacy subscriber advantage that you do.

We shall see.
    AWESOME!!!!! just got the $20 credit for the next 24 months.

The simply everything 450 plan for 49.99 and also ADD my 23% company discount on top, makes this plan a steal!!!

THANK YOU EVERYBODY!!!!.....and THANK YOU SPRINT!

Now the question is since I am Sprint premier customer can I still upgrade my phone after my year is up even though they extended my contract 2 years?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast