1.    #1  
    I know my friends with blackberries and iPhones have an app that allows you to choose the number that appears on the caller ID of the person you are calling. Is there a similar application available for the palm pre, or one that may be in development?

Thanks,

Tom
    Unfortunately, that is not the Pre's fault, but the carrier. The number is not hosted from the phone but the cell towers.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    @Rennat That's not correct The HTC Hero on Sprint has the same caller ID Spoof application and it works just fine.
  4. mkl
    How does this work, exactly?
    It uses a third-party service. All the app actually does is dial the right numbers for you.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    God, that is horrible, such applications should not be allowed to exist

/b/ won't even have to use Skype to harass you now, they can just download an app and spoof the White House is calling you at 3 AM
    +1
    Good point!
    seems sombodys been getting some strange and doesn't want the ol' lady seeing them in the call history.

just kidding. Lol.
    agreed. That's why I want it. It's great getting all my friends into awkward relationship discussions/arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by oboroninja View Post
    @Rennat That's not correct The HTC Hero on Sprint has the same caller ID Spoof application and it works just fine.
    The Hero and the Pre are different cases...
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    what if they are using trapcall... which can uncover spoofed numbers... wouldn't mind this app though....
    iSpoofCard.com has a Pre app that will do this. Also records calls, has a voice changer, and will call a person's voicemail directly. The Voicemail option is particularly handy, as most carriers won't request a vmail PIN if the Caller ID is from the registered owners phone#, so you get instant access to their messages without them knowing.:

SpoofCard Caller ID Spoofing Company | OfficialSpoofCard.com

Finally we can do with our cell phones what we've always needed a laptop for in recent past. The downside is it's limited to a 2-minute trial, unless you pay for credits (minutes). I've seen a similar app in action on an Android phone that is free, ecept you have to listen to a 2-minute advertisement every time before it will kick in. I'd rather have that than pay, though. They don't have a Pre version of that yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    seems sombodys been getting some strange and doesn't want the ol' lady seeing them in the call history.
    just kidding. Lol.
    that's what prepaid 20 dollar phones are for.
    Quote Originally Posted by rooster12979 View Post
    that's what prepaid 20 dollar phones are for.

+5. Geez, I'd be in jail six times over if it wasn't for these. Pay in cash, register with a bunk email addy on someone else's wifi, bang: untraceable. I can't believe they haven't taken this freedom away from us yet.
    http://bluffmycall.com/free/

ive reqyuested this as an app several times

but youy can use the browser on the phone and it works fine

o and its FREE