Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    My battery life has been superb since updating to 1.3.5.1. I disconnected my phone at 2 pm today and it is now 7:25 PM and I'm at 81%. This is a HUGE improvement. I listened to music for about 15 minutes total, made about four 1 minute calls, and made a few text messages. Has anyone else's battery life been vastly improved after the update?

what kind of coverage do you have?
  2.    #22  
    I had fairly good coverage throughout the day. Probably around 2 or 3 bars of EVDO. I was also using wifi for a good portion of the day. (About 4 hours)
    My battery life was already pretty good. I did not see any significant change with 1.3.5.1.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    With 1.3.5.1 I noticed this also (well 1.3.5 really). After a full days use by my standards I wasa still at like right under 60% battery life remaining maybe like 55% or something. Today after like 6 hours my phone went from 100% charge to 92% which is simply outstanding.

If Palm has already optimized the battery this much in 6 months I am sure as they progress WebOS it will only get better. Anyhoot, I was impressed.
    seriously what kind of use are you putting your phone through. Just in the time from me waking up going to the bathroom and surfing my morning precentral foxnews gamespot and espn my battery is already down 5 to 10 percent. When I'm at work from 7 50 to 11 30 I'm already down to 50%. I just don't get it. And I have a strong 5 bars almost always at my home.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    My battery life is a million times better. I don't have to worry about having it plugged in all the time.
    I get what I consider good battery life. noon to 2100 normally goes down to about 60-65% from a full charge. This is with email pushing every 1/2 hour or more , few calls , and some web use over EVDO , no WiFi at work.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Well I just doctored my pre and I can tell a difference in battery befire the dr I was using the smartreflex patch and while standby battery life was outstanding the minute I started any kind of real use(web browsing etc.) the battery dropped rather rapidly without it while the standby time isn't quite as good with the patch it is still pretty good about 4-5% an hour I've noticed that the drain while using it isn't a dramatic of a decrease that I noticed with the patch on so although I don't have precise data to back me up I can tell that I'm getting better performance with this update. Hopefully palm will keep it up
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    the results seem to be very mixed, a lot of people, myself included, have found that battery life is significantly worse on 1.3.5.1 than before.
    I fall into this category. I went from 100% to about 90ish in about 10 minutes off the charger this afternoon.

also I cant update or install any apps.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    I fall into this category. I went from 100% to about 90ish in about 10 minutes off the charger this afternoon.

also I cant update or install any apps.
    I am right with you. I guess I am somewhat lucky in the fact that my pre physically has been rock solid, but the battery is even worse than the touch pro from htc, which was absolutely horrible already.
    I definitely have noticed an improvement and it's awesome!!

Edit: I just remembered that after my pre mysteriously went dead and wouldn't turn on last night, I pulled the battery and put it back so that might have had an effect.
    Last edited by kcw; 01/11/2010 at 02:53 AM.
    My battery have improved significantly with the use of wifi at home and turning it off as soon as I head out the door. With wifi on at home my sprint signal doesn't bounce around like it used to be prior to 1.3.5. People should really try playing with their wifi/ev setting to see if there's any improvement to their battery. I did and it made a big difference.
    well I had a great improvement after 1.3.5 but since 1.3.5.1 the batteries been awful
    My battery was draining very fast too after 1.3.5.1. I decided to Dr my phone back to 1.3.5 and blocked the 1.3.5.1. Updated network and Prl. Only use wifi at home. That's all I did and it made a big difference in battery life. Give it a try, you may be surprise.

=Siteoner;2145520]well I had a great improvement after 1.3.5 but since 1.3.5.1 the batteries been awful[/QUOTE]
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    My battery life was terriable after the update, I saw somewhere in the forum to run the battery all the way down to the warning and then recharging, this resets the battery. Not sure if this is true but life improved dramtically. Also the signal strength has gone up to 5 bars...? Wifi drains the baterry big time though...?
    I have to agree that my battery life is MASSIVELY improved here at home and school, both of which tend to be areas where I usually have marginal signal at best.

I also agree with the poster that mentioned that people have unrealistic expectations when it comes to this battery. If you run no more than one app at a time, with no background apps running, you will match the battery life on any other smartphone on the market pretty closely. However, I have the feeling that many people forget that running 3 applications uses triple the battery life, and so on. It's not that the Pre gets crappy batterly life in general, but that the powerusers of this device use it four and five times as much, hence burning through the battery four to five times faster.

Personally, I use the h*ll out of my Pre, so I ponied up and got the Seidio 2600. It's awesome, and even with my heavy usage I can usually go from 7-8 am until 8-9 pm before hitting 10%. I have killed the battery a few times, and carry my original Pre battery with me as a backup, but I rarely use it.

if Palm keeps up the software updates that improve battery life, this device will rise rapidly to a premiere PDA/Smartphone device. I think we are just beginning to see the potential WebOS and the Pre have. I know I, for one, will be riding this out for the long haul.

---
    rykatemom
    Posted from my Palm PrPrPr&#$275$;
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    My battery life has become amazing at home aince it now keeps connected to wifi, using to take it off the charger around eleven and it would be down to 80 %, now there is only a few % drain overnight. During the day I still work in an EV wasteland and no wifi to connect to, but I honestly say that it is much much better since the upgrade.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    I went from having full drain in 4 hrs to having the phone on about 14 hrs and still at 45% charge
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    I don't think there were any changes in the most recent update, except to the calendar. Any changes you've noticed are incidental almost certainly.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtygreek View Post
    I don't think there were any changes in the most recent update, except to the calendar. Any changes you've noticed are incidental almost certainly.
    I have to disagree. I'm sure they only meant to do calender changes but might have broken something else. It seems to be related with wifi. I had good battery life in standby with 1.3.5 but with 1.3.5.1 my battery will drain 5% an hour in standby. If I turn the wifi off it will only drain about 1% an hour in standby. I don't have any cards open in standby and I have never patched my pre(stock pre).
    I've seen little to no change in battery performance since upgrading from 1.3.1 to 1.3.5 then to 1.3.5.1.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast