Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Since I upgraded to webos 1.3.5 (and now w/ 1.3.5.1), my palm pre never boots up on the first try. It'll display "palm", and sit there forever.
    I then have to do a hard reset (hold power, flip mute switch three times) to get it to boot successfully. I know if it is hanging within 20 seconds or so -- if the palm log starts glowing brighter and back again, then it is booting ok.

This is really annoying and I'd like ideas on how to cure it.
    repair utility when it comes out will fix this but its not updated yet
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    do you have any of the smartreflex patches installed?? ...that's a culprit
    this happened to me this morning

picked up my phone to send a text....nothing, completely dead....power button wouldnt even power it on. removed and replaced the battery, got the palm boot screen and it sat there for 20 minutes and never even got to the pulsating palm logo

removed and replaced the battery again and then it finally booted
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    I had this same issue last night. Pulled it out of my pocket to find it was off, then when I tried to boot it the first time it just hung forever. Also throughout the day I kept getting the critical battery alert even though battery level was fine, weird.
    Same problem here. I notice that Preware (which was unistalled and reinstalled) stopped working (would hang). I also get an error stating that too many cards are open even if I don't have any open after just booting on occasion. I am dreading a trip to the Dr., but at this point I don't know what to do.

Patches installed: (I have run the Emergency Patch Manager, removed and reinstalled each of these, Preware and the Package Manager)

- SMS per alert per contact (error when tried to uninstall)
    - Match state to area code
    - More reminder alarm time
    - Open to Alarm List
    - Alarm Daily options
    - 5x 4 icons v2
    - Snooze during Selection (error when tried to unistall)
    - call history during call
    Having the same boot-up hang problem.
  8. mtk
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    ditto. add me to the list. i've had this problem for the last week or so, but ignored it since i was eventually able to get it to reboot. today i tried to add the iphone useragent patch to get google locate to work and, after rebooting, it became permanently catatonic. i've rebooted a number of times (opt+sym+R and five sound back&forths) and it consistently hangs in the 'palm' display and never begins to pulse.

given the number of posts here, this has to be affecting a large number of people. is it (shudder) time for the doctor??

/markl
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Add me to the list. I just got my pre in December. Sometimes I will pick up the phone and it won't wake up. I have to remove the battery twice before it will boot correctly.

Last night I closed the slider and the Pre shut down. You would think that with a November build date, I shouldn't have wrong sized battery issue?
    add me to the list as well. I posted a thread called "Bricked!" with the details. I did a webosdoctoring and... nothing, no change. If anyone comes up with a solution, please post it as I really don't want to go to the Sprint store if I can help it.
    I had the same thing happen a few days ago. Here's what I did:

1.) Removed battery and waited a min
    2.) Rebooted and got the hanging Palm screen
    3.) Did a soft reset (Orange+Sym+R)

after the soft reset, it booted up just fine and has worked great ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I had the same thing happen a few days ago. Here's what I did:

1.) Removed battery and waited a min
    2.) Rebooted and got the hanging Palm screen
    3.) Did a soft reset (Orange+Sym+R)

after the soft reset, it booted up just fine and has worked great ever since.
    Thanks, I did this earlier, and again after doctoring with no affect. I'm doctoring it one more time, but it's stuck at 11%
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I thought I was the only one. This has been happening to me too, and I've never tinkered with any patches/themes/homebrew/whatever. It started when I closed the Pre a bit hard and the phone shut off. I thought that was an issue for early adopters, I got mine in September. Coincidentally, this was the same day that I downloaded Need For Speed, which froze my phone a couple of times. I also apply the soft reset (orange/Sym/R) after the boot up freezes, and the Pre works fine. Now that I think about it, the clock started acting up right before this problem. I deleted NFS, and reinstalled and rebooted. I've also applied a folded piece of paper to wedge the battery firmly in place and haven't had any problems so far.
    add me to the list started after the last update took battery out for a couple of minutes and got it to work happened twice in last week.

Fred
    just got out of a chat session with a Palm tech. He was not able to help, I've tried webosdoctor twice and he had me try to put it into developer mode. Have to call them tomorrow
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I suspect the hang has to do with power management; it occurred after going to webos 1.3.5.

Sometimes it takes up to 4 hard resets to get it to boot.
    this helped me, since I was not able to reset: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I have had the same problem since updating to 1.3.5.1.

I have the same situation, and I simply do a battery pull and that usually takes care of the problem.

I haven't figured out why it is doing it yet,but for the time being, that seems to take care of it.

I don't reset my phone that often, so it hasn't been a huge issue for me...yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by drjb74 View Post
    I have had the same problem since updating to 1.3.5.1.

I have the same situation, and I simply do a battery pull and that usually takes care of the problem.

I haven't figured out why it is doing it yet,but for the time being, that seems to take care of it.

I don't reset my phone that often, so it hasn't been a huge issue for me...yet.
    hmmm, never thought about the frequency of resets, but I wonder if that might not be a contributing factor as I do reset my phone more frequently.
    add me to the list....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast