Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Why hasn't there been an app developed for Skype? Is there one in the making?
  2. Mitalis's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    #2  
    palm just opened up developer access to the public. The other reason why a skype application hasn't been developed is because there was no API for accessing the microphone. Developers will not have access to the mic until Web OS 1.4.0 when video recording will be available.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    palm just opened up developer access to the public. The other reason why a skype application hasn't been developed is because there was no API for accessing the microphone. Developers will not have access to the mic until Web OS 1.4.0 when video recording will be available.
    Source? Is mic access confirmed? I saw nothing about this.
  4. #4  
    I hope they make this soon i would love skype.
  5. #5  
    back in june skype said they were taking a wait and see on how the palm pre does in the marketplace before committing any development to it.

    Quote Originally Posted by nickosax89 View Post
    Why hasn't there been an app developed for Skype? Is there one in the making?
  6. #6  
    IM+ for Skype :: Palm WebOS :: Products

    Not exactly the native solution y'all are looking for, but this is a webapp that basically allows you to use Skype on the Pre.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by donnydonny View Post
    IM+ for Skype :: Palm WebOS :: Products

    Not exactly the native solution y'all are looking for, but this is a webapp that basically allows you to use Skype on the Pre.
    That's the shadiest-looking thing ever.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    That's the shadiest-looking thing ever.
    yeah the website looks shady lmao, but i actually had this application on my Blackberry. it was ok
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    Source? Is mic access confirmed? I saw nothing about this.
    Video recording had sound so most are assuming/hoping that mic access will be available.
  10. #10  
    I tried the IM+ for Skype website, and it's not ready for primetime. I entered my skype account info, and it pulled my contacts, account balance, etc okay. When I tried to call my home phone as a test, it dialed the number and the other phone rang. I picked up, and then after a long delay my Pre started ringing and the other phone had a very loud and annoying buzzing/ringing sound for a while after I accepted the call on my Pre. Unfortunately, there was no microphone access because I could hear the incoming audio but nothing was going out. I restarted my Pre to see if that would help and then tried again. This time I picked up the home phone and the callback ringing was gone, but when I accepted the callback on my Pre there was no audio in either direction. Switching to speakerphone mode on the Pre did not seem to help (as it had worked that way for me on previous WinMo phones with Skype).

    The developers should also add a large dialpad similar to the native phone app or one of the Google Voice apps. Holding down the orange button and typing the number into a text box is far from user friendly.

    The chat functionality is okay, but I'm still holding out for something to integrate Skype messaging with webOS. This works okay for initiating a conversation from the Pre, but I can't see myself leaving the website open all the time for incoming messages.
  11. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #11  
    can't wait for Skype and an audible books app.
  12. #12  
    my bet it for may 13th 2010
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

    HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!

Posting Permissions