Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 98 of 98
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    seems like nobody wants to do any research since it's far easier to just pass on second hand information.

    if Rod, who i have no beef with and do respect, is in bed with Palm, then surely he can easily procure and provide some documentation
    No, sorry, it was all a lie. I'm sticking to my 128MB story now. Oh, the screen is smaller too.

    (Everything I have said is in the public record. Hint: both the #webos and #webos-internals IRC channels are publicly logged. But of course you will say that anyone can impersonate a Palm engineer in those channels, so it's all just hearsay.)

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, sorry, it was all a lie. I'm sticking to my 128MB story now. Oh, the screen is smaller too.

    (Everything I have said is in the public record. Hint: both the #webos and #webos-internals IRC channels are publicly logged. But of course you will say that anyone can impersonate a Palm engineer in those channels, so it's all just hearsay.)

    -- Rod
    Thank you! As I said...I'm not going to do your research for you.
  3. #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, sorry, it was all a lie. I'm sticking to my 128MB story now. Oh, the screen is smaller too.

    (Everything I have said is in the public record. Hint: both the #webos and #webos-internals IRC channels are publicly logged)

    -- Rod
    youre getting awfully butthurt about all this.

    im not calling you a liar.

    (hint: why don't you post the logs?)
  4. #84  
    But of course you will say that anyone can impersonate a Palm engineer in those channels, so it's all just hearsay.)

    -- Rod
    Excellent point! Afterall, Jon Rubenstein was posting on Engadget from the podium during his CES presentation.
  5. #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    im not calling you a liar.

    (hint: why don't you post the logs?)
    Because I'd wager at this stage that not even a signed affadavit from the CEO's of Palm and Verizon themselves would convince you, so why should I do your research for you?

    Let's just agree it's 128MB and a smaller screen ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. #86  
    I don't think the terms 'do more complicated tasks' and 'get increased performance' apply to storage. I think they apply to RAM. Coming from Palm's big cheese himself, this is all the proof I need - sure a little disambiguation is necessary but it only requires a basic understanding of how hardware works to figure it out.
  7. #87  
    Anyone could impersonate a WebOS engineer and it is all hearsay. Doesn't mean it's false, as hearsay can be backed up, and perhaps, to my limited knowledge, no one impersonated anyone. It does happen though and shouldn't be discarded. Could you show us the IRC stuff? I'm seriously kind of clueless to find them and honestly don't know what they even are.

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No, sorry, it was all a lie. I'm sticking to my 128MB story now. Oh, the screen is smaller too.

    (Everything I have said is in the public record. Hint: both the #webos and #webos-internals IRC channels are publicly logged. But of course you will say that anyone can impersonate a Palm engineer in those channels, so it's all just hearsay.)

    -- Rod
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    seems like nobody wants to do any research since it's far easier to just pass on second hand information.

    if Rod, who i have no beef with and do respect, is in bed with Palm, then surely he can easily procure and provide some documentation
    What a lot of rubbish! Why should he? He has told you what Palm engineers have told him and you have chosen to actually show him no respect at all and accuse him of misinterpretting what they said.

    It's time you and egcbbc123 were left to discuss your unique point of view.
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Because I'd wager at this stage that not even a signed affadavit from the CEO's of Palm and Verizon themselves would convince you, so why should I do your research for you?

    Let's just agree it's 128MB and a smaller screen ...

    -- Rod
    youre being combative. like ive said at least twice in this thread alone....i want to see the phone have updated specs.

    sue me if i want to see some hard evidence.

    imagine how much higher you could be sitting atop that horse if you would present some.

    it would be glorious.

    the rays of tech sunshine you would be basking in would be unprecedented.

    (do you guys like how i said unprecedented and the word Pre is in that word?)
  10. #90  
    Now we're getting somewhere. A signed and notarized affidavit filed in court would in fact be convincing enough. btw, have you modified any of you programming relying on 512mb?

    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Because I'd wager at this stage that not even a signed affadavit from the CEO's of Palm and Verizon themselves would convince you, so why should I do your research for you?

    Let's just agree it's 128MB and a smaller screen ...

    -- Rod
  11. #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What a lot of rubbish! Why should he? He has told you what Palm engineers have told him and you have chosen to actually show him no respect at all and accuse him of misinterpretting what they said.

    It's time you and egcbbc123 were left to discuss your unique point of view.
    im not disrespecting anyone by asking for some factual evidence.

    you brought it up...so far everything has been based on interpretation.

    and of course, he doesnt have to do anything. im merely making a request.
  12. #92  
    Nobody accused anybody of anything.

    Also, if hard evidence is garbage and unique to you that's kind of scary.

    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    What a lot of rubbish! Why should he? He has told you what Palm engineers have told him and you have chosen to actually show him no respect at all and accuse him of misinterpretting what they said.

    It's time you and egcbbc123 were left to discuss your unique point of view.
  13. #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by egcbbc123 View Post

    Also, if hard evidence is garbage and unique to you that's kind of scary.
    well......he IS from Australia.
  14. #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    well......he IS from Australia.
    Don't be ignorant. The Precentral forums are not your personal punch bag. Enough abuse now please.
  15. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    im not disrespecting anyone by asking for some factual evidence.

    you brought it up...so far everything has been based on interpretation.

    and of course, he doesnt have to do anything. im merely making a request.
    Chud, you're out of your league buddy. The facts largely point to increased RAM in the Pre Plus - facts that come from Palm's presentation at CES, Palm employees, basic logic (twice the internal memory means 2 x 256 = 512, in case you were unsure), and from one of the pre-eminent open source hackers in the webOS community.

    No, instead we'll rely on what's sure to be your inside knowledge on what's going on at Palm!
  16. #96  
    Well can someone at least kindly point me in the direction of these IRC posted chats? Please?
  17. #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by egcbbc123 View Post
    Anyone could impersonate a WebOS engineer and it is all hearsay. Doesn't mean it's false, as hearsay can be backed up, and perhaps, to my limited knowledge, no one impersonated anyone. It does happen though and shouldn't be discarded. Could you show us the IRC stuff? I'm seriously kind of clueless to find them and honestly don't know what they even are.
    http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/

    Check the logs for the CES date - you'll see the conversation in the channel.

    You can go back to June of last year, and track the various public conversations with those particular people over that time period.

    If they are impersonating, then they're doing a very good job of it over a very long time, and fooling a large number of very knowledgeable technical folks in that channel, including having information that pertains to real life events that an impersonator would not have.

    But it's all hearsay ...

    Meanwhile, I'll get back to packaging this new GameBoy emulator package for Preware ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #98  
    I was Pm'd and asked why I closed.

    It was easier.

    I'm a volunteer who doesn't have the time to coddle.

    A thread goes array, I can either track down and clean up the crap, or shut it down.

    I chose to shut it down.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions