Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ho0lee0h View Post
    Are you going to believe Electronista and betanews or Palm themselves?

Also, can you tell me how adding 8gb of storage is going to increase performance and allow more complicated tasks? Storage is just storage. You're not going to see an increase of performance with a bigger hard drive. You only see that with increased RAM.
    i haven't seen any documentation from Palm or TI.

neither of those articles claimed that increasing storage increases performance.

the only articles I found that claimed an increase to 512 said "someone said RAM was doubled" and were also sites that said the Pixi was getting storage increase from 4 to 8 gigs, which is clearly false.
    Quote Originally Posted by egcbbc123 View Post
    Sorry but there is rampant ambiguity (as well as jealousy) surrounding the "internal RAM." So far there is hearsay and no solid evidence and an unclear press conference with bullet points that are unclear. I'm going with 512m prediction but i wouldn't bet on 512 even though the evidence points a little more in that direction. Nevertheless what evidence we have of 512 would not hold up on even civil court. Someone needs to get info from Lexis/Nexis to see the contract specs.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i haven't seen any documentation from Palm or TI.

neither of those articles claimed that increasing storage increases performance.

the only articles I found that claimed an increase to 512 said "someone said RAM was doubled" and were also sites that said the Pixi was getting storage increase from 4 to 8 gigs, which is clearly false.
    The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator.

Let alone the CEO of the company stated it clearly and unambiguously in the public keynote speech, videos and stills of which have been posted.

Seriously, what is your motive for disputing these facts?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    At least three Palm engineers have publicly confirmed double ram (512MB) and double flash (16GB), confirming what was said by the CEO on stage in the public keynote.

Really, why are people so unwilling to accept these clear and unambiguous facts?

-- Rod
    The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator.

Let alone the CEO of the company stated it clearly and unambiguously in the public keynote speech, videos and stills of which have been posted.

-- Rod
    No motive, not even a dispute. The Palm conference is unclear. I think I know what you mean by "The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator."

Nevertheless, I am not entirely convinced. I need names, quotes to back up

"The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator"

Logic is your bread and butter: Give us something as clear to the average person as: Palm Pre Plus will have 16 gigs of storage rather than the current 8."
    I will admit that the CES video did not scream 512, but it sure did say it. Also, if Rod says it was confirmed on the WebOS Internals side why on earth is anyone questioning him???
    No motive, not even a dispute. The Palm conference is unclear. I think I know what you mean by "The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator."

Nevertheless, I am not entirely convinced. I need names, quotes to back up

"The Director of Core OS Software from Palm confirmed it publicly the other day in the #webos IRC channel. As did other engineers from Palm that work on the kernel and the emulator"

Logic is your bread and butter: Give us something as clear to the average person as: Palm Pre Plus will have 16 gigs of storage rather than the current 8."
    OK, you win. I've been making it up all along. It's a huge conspiracy. There's only 128MB on the Palm Pre Plus. They halved the memory. They had to do that, to make room for the extra storage.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    At least three Palm engineers have publicly confirmed double ram (512MB) and double flash (16GB), confirming what was said by the CEO on stage in the public keynote.

Really, why are people so unwilling to accept these clear and unambiguous facts?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by jmakar169 View Post
    I will admit that the CES video did not scream 512, but it sure did say it. Also, if Rod says it was confirmed on the WebOS Internals side why on earth is anyone questioning him???
    Because his statement is hearsay which means what he heard could be interpreted different ways. I think a document between Palm and V would put this to rest...but that's private yet maybe available.

-- Rod

envy - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Main Entry: 1en·vy
    Pronunciation: \ˈen-vē\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural envies
    Etymology: Middle English envie, from Anglo-French, from Latin invidia, from invidus envious, from invidēre to look askance at, envy, from in- + vidēre to see — more at wit
    Date: 13th century
    1 : painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage

-- Rod
    I have no malicious motive.

I just want to see a spec sheet from TI or Palm clearly stating that the Palm Pre Plus will have 512MB of RAM.

I don't want to watch a video presentation, read bullet points, or hear second hand about something that was typed in an IRC chat channel.

I'll contact Palm myself tomorrow.

I don't understand why people in the tech world aren't drooling over this Snapdragon competitor. You know, the current reigning king of mobile phone processors.
    ill say it again since its a page or two back....i really really really really want the phone to be upgraded. even if i wont be going back to Verizon for it, it still means good things for everyone.

to envy something like that is silly, and ive said so before.

this 512 thing has sprung up like a virus and nobody can offer any solid proof.

no big deal. :shrug:
    Because his statement is hearsay which means what he heard could be interpreted different ways. I think a document between Palm and V would put this to rest...but that's private yet maybe available.
    OMG!! I can understand that it has not been directly spelled out. But really, Rod and Internals has confirmed it!!! That is as good as gospel. What else do you need?
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Well for one, you won't see a TI spec sheet specifying the RAM size because the RAM is an external entity to the SoC. You can theoretically add as much memory as the OMAP processor can address.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post

I don't understand why people in the tech world aren't drooling over this Snapdragon competitor. You know, the current reigning king of mobile phone processors.
    WAS king anyway.... I know most people are now drooling over the Tegra 2. I was all over a snapdragon for the Pre 2 but now I want teh Tegra 2 plz!

NVIDIA Tegra 250
    Last edited by Slayix312; 01/11/2010 at 01:01 AM.
    OK, you win. I've been making it up all along. It's a huge conspiracy. There's only 128MB on the Palm Pre Plus. They halved the memory. They had to do that, to make room for the extra storage.

-- Rod

Names, Documents, Quotes, please. Hey I'm not in disbelief of your claims, just asking for specifics which I have not seen. I already said i believe 512 is the number, but I have seen too much ambiguity on both sides to be convinced. This Blog hasn't reported 512 proper. I am looking for journalism willing to make a solid statement and no one has as proven by the ambiguity. I'm not in a contest with you. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I do agree processor RAM envy has contributed to this. i don't give a **** about the Pre Plus, just fascinated with the 256 v 512 heat.
    I thought this went without saying, but do you not realize Rod's involvement with WebOS? Doubting his confirmations makes ZERO sense to me.
    I suppose I don't, so blindly following his words makes more sense. I suppose you are suggesting that he doesn't have the time to explain in detail or provide solid evidence, or he is not authorized to do so. Fair enough.

I thought this went without saying, but do you not realize Rod's involvement with WebOS? Doubting his confirmations makes ZERO sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayix312 View Post
    WAS king anyway.... I know most people are now drooling over the Tegra 2. I was all over a snapdragon for the Pre 2 but now I want teh Tegra 2 plz!

NVIDIA Tegra 250
    i know, right? i came across those while digging for this topic.

you can keep the Pre Plus
    I suppose I don't, so blindly following his words makes more sense. I suppose you are suggesting that he doesn't have the time to explain in detail or provide solid evidence, or he is not authorized to do so. Fair enough.
    Rod is one of the main reasons there is even a homebrew community for WebOS. He has probably kept more customers with Sprint than they have bleed since June. Not gonna do your research for you, but some people don't need to explain themselves.
    Rod is one of the main reasons there is even a homebrew community for WebOS. He has probably kept more customers with Sprint than they have bleed since June. Not gonna do your research for you, but some people don't need to explain themselves.
    seems like nobody wants to do any research since it's far easier to just pass on second hand information.

if Rod, who i have no beef with and do respect, is in bed with Palm, then surely he can easily procure and provide some documentation
    Can't research what isn't there, and if someone disputes you then yes they should explain themselves. What data do you have regarding his effect on Sprint plan retention?
    What data do you have regarding his effect on Sprint plan retention?
    i think that falls under hearsay, speculation, and envy surprising.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast