Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I was just googling for information on Palm Pre, mostly to see if there is news that Sprints Pre would take another price cut in the near future. I ran into a couple of links that talk about a leaked Sprint Road Map for upcoming handsets.

They speculate that if it was the Pre2, that it would have a different designation (P200).

I know there are a few people upset at Verizon getting the Pre+ & Pixi+, so is this Palm a way to keep Sprint relevant in the WebOS phone lineup??

Brighthand

TFTS
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I found this link to Gizmodo where it's briefly mentioned/speculated, but no solid information about what it would be.

Gizmodo
    Rubinstein seems to dodge the question about whether WebOS will find its way to netbooks or tablets. Its unlikely, but it is possible that could be their next device. it makes sense for the pre and Pixi to be named p100 and p120, but whats unknown is if the "P" stands for "phone" or its simply the first letter of the phone name. So it could be possible that "C" stands for something other than a phone, or it could simply be the first letter of the name of their next phone.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettQ View Post
    Rubinstein seems to dodge the question about whether WebOS will find its way to netbooks or tablets. Its unlikely, but it is possible that could be their next device. it makes sense for the pre and Pixi to be named p100 and p120, but whats unknown is if the "P" stands for "phone" or its simply the first letter of the phone name. So it could be possible that "C" stands for something other than a phone, or it could simply be the first letter of the name of their next phone.
    You mean like C as in Centro?

I don't see them making anything smaller than the Pixi though.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I suppose it could be a netbook or tablet PC of sorts, but since it was listed with other handsets I don't see in any of the speculation that it would be another type device other than a handset. Not saying you're wrong, I don't think there's enough information out there to determine anything definitively.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Yes, that's one of the linked articles in my OP. Is there a problem with the link??
    oh my the greatest american hero lol long time since i heard that !! or seen his pic .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    You mean like C as in Centro?

I don't see them making anything smaller than the Pixi though.
    Yeah, thats what i meant, but i dont think it would be a Centro, if the C does indeed stand for the first letter of device name, it would be another device starting with "C". I doubt it will be smaller than pixi. Disclaimer: This is just my speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbritton View Post
    I suppose it could be a netbook or tablet PC of sorts, but since it was listed with other handsets I don't see in any of the speculation that it would be another type device other than a handset. Not saying you're wrong, I don't think there's enough information out there to determine anything definitively.
    i honestly doubt it will be anything other than a handset, but since most if not all of the carriers these days are stating to sell netbooks and laptops with GSM or CDMA cards built in for wireless connectivity, it is possible. Im not sure if sprint puts those devices in the same list as their handsets though.
    Last edited by GarrettQ; 01/10/2010 at 02:08 PM.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Since it's been there since last summer, could either be a place holder or accessory.

Lack of detail or picture leaks make me think what ever it is, not too many eyes have seen it yet.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    i honestly doubt it will be anything other than a handset, but since most if not all of the carriers these days are stating to sell netbooks and laptops with GSM or CDMA cards built in for wireless connectivity, it is possible. Im not sure if sprint puts those devices in the same list as their handsets though.
    I guess that's the fun of following rumors, anything is possible. I didn't see anything mentioned here on PreCentral yet & thought there might be a few interested in what I'd found. So I tossed it out there & am curious to see if anything comes of it.
    4G flip.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash4o View Post
    Since it's been there since last summer, could either be a place holder or accessory.

Lack of detail or picture leaks make me think what ever it is, not too many eyes have seen it yet.
    If it is a placeholder designation that would be disappointing. I like the idea that Palm will have another WebOS device debuting on Sprint. I don't even have the Pre yet, but waiting on a good sale price. The Pre is going to be my belated Christmas present, but unfortunately due to weather, we missed out on the $50 sale price at Nebraska Furniture Mart. So, even if there is a C40 device coming to Sprint in the near future, I won't be purchasing it. However, new WebOS devices & especially those on Sprint, can only be good for us Palm fans & Sprint customers. Verizon & AT&T will provide more new customers, making Palm financially healthy again & will get more developers interested in making apps for WebOS. Win/win all around.
    Last edited by cjbritton; 01/10/2010 at 02:29 PM.
  13. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    That C40 model number has been showing up since August: http://www.precentral.net/new-palm-p...y-p120-and-c40
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    That C40 model number has been showing up since August: http://www.precentral.net/new-palm-p...y-p120-and-c40
    I must have missed that story or forgotten the mention. I put this out there, because a Sprint Road Map (not an inventory screen shot) had been leaked with it mentioned along with other upcoming phones & was being mentioned as "new" news.

If it's nothing, then I apologize for dredging up a dead topic (not being snarky here, sincerely I do apologize).
    I find interesting that Palm and Att have not announced anything even though Att did say they were getting WebOS in the first half of 2010. Which might mean that they might be getting new devices or they might be getting the Pre+/Pixi+ and don't want to jeopardize Verizon sales. One thing I know is that Sprint will be getting something interesting in the form of the Pre II or who knows what else.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Whatever the new phone is, I'm definitely on board! I'm loving this interface and how smoothly things operate together and if they just breakdown and give me an auto-focus camera, compass, and like the Pre Plus remove the ball then I will be 1st in line (after they let employees buy..)

I'm hoping though that they keep the same style of a slider, bigger screen would be a nice addition but I can deal with the same form factor.
    Go Blue!

Does anyone know or heard something what sprint might come up with in terms of pre 2 or doing something about a better pre to blown verizon out of the water ?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I find interesting that Palm and Att have not announced anything even though Att did say they were getting WebOS in the first half of 2010.
    Maybe they'll get some new webOS phone and use it to counter the loss of their iphone exclusivity, like O2 did in the UK.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    I find interesting that Palm and Att have not announced anything even though Att did say they were getting WebOS in the first half of 2010. Which might mean that they might be getting new devices or they might be getting the Pre+/Pixi+ and don't want to jeopardize Verizon sales. One thing I know is that Sprint will be getting something interesting in the form of the Pre II or who knows what else.
    Hm, I think you might be on to something here. I never looked at it this way, but maybe AT&T is getting the Pre II alongside Sprint and don't want to announce it just yet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast