Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 114
  1.    #1  
    Is there a way... or a patch to get rid of the "drag up to unlock" screen when your screen shuts off?
    Thanks
  2. #2  
    Nope sorry. I just open the keyboard and don't have to mess with it.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  3.    #3  
    Really?
    I would think there has to be a way!
  4. #4  
    So would I. Until they add a option that's how it is.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  5. #5  
    well it doesnt show up when its chargind so the option must be there somewhere like the dev mode icon
  6. #6  
    I really want the option to remove it especially when using secure lock. I have to type my code AND still drag up to unlock. Too much!
  7. #7  
    +1
  8.    #8  
    I looked for all over this forum for a patch but there is not one. Am I the only one annoyed with this?
  9. #9  
    I keep my Pre in my pocket and if I didn't have a lock screen it might be doing some interesting things by itself...are you sure you don't want that lock screen?
  10. #10  
    I'm with those that want to remove it, or better yet, replace it with something better.

    In particular I find it very hard to do the drag up to answer single handed (usually takes 2-3 attempts) and using 2 hands to answer the phone is not nice. When holding the phone in one hand my thumb only reaches about half way up the screen before it starts to move to the left (left handed answering is normal for me to keep my right hand free for note taking etc). As a result the guesture frequently fails to register correcly, even just a much shorter swipe would be helpful.
  11. #11  
    drag it to the side
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by andyhurley View Post
    I'm with those that want to remove it, or better yet, replace it with something better.

    In particular I find it very hard to do the drag up to answer single handed (usually takes 2-3 attempts) and using 2 hands to answer the phone is not nice. When holding the phone in one hand my thumb only reaches about half way up the screen before it starts to move to the left (left handed answering is normal for me to keep my right hand free for note taking etc). As a result the guesture frequently fails to register correcly, even just a much shorter swipe would be helpful.
    For answering, just open the slider. Easy to do with one hand, and if you add the "close on hangup" patch and "hangup on slider close" patch, you can just flip it shut to end the call, never unlocking it at all.
  13. Erckul's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    330 Global Posts
    #13  
    opening the slider also works in general. You could put in your code, the just slide it open. Hard to do with one hand though .... sorry about that part
  14.    #14  
    There has got to be a way!
  15. #15  
    The Magic Eight Ball says:
  16. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #16  
    Did you put in a request to the homebrew folks?
  17.    #17  
    no... how?
  18. ndz
    ndz is offline
    ndz's Avatar
    Posts
    113 Posts
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    #18  
    A 3 or 5 second delay would make sense. When the screen shuts itself off and you immediately press the lock/unlock button to turn the screen back on - it is annoying to have to swipe up again.
  19. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I keep my Pre in my pocket and if I didn't have a lock screen it might be doing some interesting things by itself...are you sure you don't want that lock screen?
    That brings back memories of my Samsung Instinct. I put a lock code on that phone because I got really sick of unintentionally calling and text messaging people when I unknowingly unlocked my phone while it was in my pocket.
  20. jut
    jut is offline
    jut's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    That brings back memories of my Samsung Instinct. I put a lock code on that phone because I got really sick of unintentionally calling and text messaging people when I unknowingly unlocked my phone while it was in my pocket.
    That won't happen with a capacitive touch screen
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions