Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    No you still have to push the power button first unfortunately. The difference is you can now swipe up from the gesture area so essentially the same motion but you don't have to have your finger directly on the lock circle. There really needs to be a better alternative. This is the single most annoying thing about the Pre. Sad but true.
    Honestly, swiping the unlock-circle is the easiest thing for me to do. I hold the phone cradled in the palm of my left hand (aka "holding it wrong") and press the power button with my left index finger. Then I touch the entire print (face?) of my thumb on the lower-center of the screen and swipe up. The little unlock-circle finds some part of my thumb and follows it, every time, and the phone is unlocked. It's a very fluid motion and I don't have to move my thumb all the way to the gesture area either, so there's no contortion of fingers.

But alternate methods are always a good thing. Do what works.
  2.    #102  
    it is annoying and not needed. I am hoping webos 2.0 gives an option to turn it off
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by jut View Post
    That won't happen with a capacitive touch screen
    My husband has the Pre and he pocket dialed me today.
    It's only the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened and it happened MUCH more frequently with his Treo, but it CAN happen.
  4.    #104  
    still nobody can get rid of this "drag to unlock" screen?
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    still nobody can get rid of this "drag to unlock" screen?
    I can Give me a minute and I'll give you instructions.

Ok I'm back, based off of my experimenting here http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...ck-screen.html this is the closest thing to getting rid of it.

1) Go to /usr/palm/sysmgr/images/ in Internalz.

2) Make copies of screen-lock-padlock-off.png, screen-lock-padlock-on.png, screen-lock-target-scrim.png, and then place them in /media/internal/ just in case they are needed later.

3) Delete screen-lock-target-scrim.png (this is the only way to remove the 'Drag to Unlock' text)

4) Then delete screen-lock-padlock-on.png and screen-lock-padlock-off.png

5) Restart Luna

After doing this you will simply 'wake' your device and tap anywhere on the screen.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 10/28/2010 at 02:10 PM.
  6.    #106  
    thanks so much!!! I can't wait to try!
    I like the drag to unlock feature because it prevents accidently dialing the phone when it is in my pocket.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    I like the drag to unlock feature because it prevents accidently dialing the phone when it is in my pocket.
    For me, the screen would have to be woke up, then the phone app opened, then a number would need to be dialed or contact selected, then hit send. That's a lot to happen in a pocket, especially with a capacitive touchscreen.

Maybe they could make it optional.
  9.    #109  
    Wow this is so much better than "drag to unlock"! GREAT WORK!
    These directions here are way better than your directions in your own thread you started a few days ago. When I read your thread I did not try it because I did not want to add in new .png files. Deleting those 3 .pngsand touching anywhere is so much better!
    Thanks again!

Next step is to get rid of the whole page so when you turn on the phone you do not even need to tap the screen
  10.    #110  
    I think, unfortunately, I found a flaw here (hope there is a solution).
    When my phone is sleeping and I get a phone call...All you have to do is touch the screen to answer.
    So, when your phone is in your pocket and someone calls you, you reach to grab your phone and it answers because once you touch the screen it answers.
    I'm glad the screen locks...like previously mentioned...at work I keep it in my pocket and I've been known to pocket dial people unintentionally and when they yell to try and get my attention I risk a manager hearing and getting in trouble...so long story short Lock=GOOD in my book!! All you have to do is throw the unluck up and it will go...only takes one hand for me and I have very small hands lol
    If you've got a Pre, you can just snap the slider open, one-handed, and you'll never see the annoying "Drag to Unlock" screen. I haven't seen that screen since I first learned that the slider bypasses it....

Now, if you have a Pixi, I can understand why such a pass would be necessary for you.

The Pre form factor has grown on me BECAUSE OF the slider and how I can wake the device without even thinking about it, really. It's also nice to be able to use that patch to lock the screen orientation while I'm in a browser. If I'm laying down trying to read, locking the orientation by opening the slider is a big help in keeping me focused.
  13.    #113  
    Any fix for that flaw? That was the best effort yet! Just that darn issue
  14.    #114  
    Any luck Mjkjr? you were so close
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456