Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    There is a patch to get rid of the LOCK screen, but not the "drag to unlock screen! Huge difference jovanny27
    Can you or someone link me to that? Thanks.
    actually guys on 1.4 you can use the up gesture in the gesture area to unlock it with a quick swipe... one of the new lil perks of the update.... fwiw
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    actually guys on 1.4 you can use the up gesture in the gesture area to unlock it with a quick swipe... one of the new lil perks of the update.... fwiw
    Nice! I hadn't seen that yet.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    I find that swiping the Gesture up (a new feature built into 1.4) unlocks much faster than hitting the power button then clicking the icon and dragging. Just swipe from down to up in the gesture and you might not be as annoyed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Nice! I hadn't seen that yet.
    Yeah its MUCH faster to unlock... I saw this with 1.4 and was like oooohk... is this REALLY necessary? and then I actually used it and I didn't realise the simple diffrence it makes.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreMaster View Post
    I find that swiping the Gesture up (a new feature built into 1.4) unlocks much faster than hitting the power button then clicking the icon and dragging. Just swipe from down to up in the gesture and you might not be as annoyed.
    Not working for me. Swipe area is not active when the screen has locked and gone dark. If I press the power button, after the screen lights up, the gesture area is active but still does not unlock the screen on my Sprint launch day Pre.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Not working for me. Swipe area is not active when the screen has locked and gone dark. If I press the power button, after the screen lights up, the gesture area is active but still does not unlock the screen on my Sprint launch day Pre.
    I tried it on my sprint pre and was able to do it, but not every time. I found a quick swipe up, but not into the screen, seemed to do it.
    Swipe area is just not active on my phone when its locked itself. Swipe up/down/sideways/crossways, quickly, slowly makes no difference. Oh well...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    Wow - that makes it much easier to unlock!
    Palm m130 Zire 72s Treo 700p Pre Plus
    yea swipe up unlocks it much easier and faster
    Guess it's just me then...
    Guess it's just me then...
    I've got a Sprint Pre and am unable to swipe up to unlock unless I push the power button 1st. The guesture area is not awake and the center button does not light up unless the power is on.

Does the center light up on Pre Plus when you touch the guesture area and the power is off?

I do have the "Bypass PIN unlock" patch installed and may try to uninstall it to see if that helps.

Any other Sprint Pre folks unable to wake up the phone without hitting the power button first??
    Quote Originally Posted by 98GSR View Post
    I've got a Sprint Pre and am unable to swipe up to unlock unless I push the power button 1st. The guesture area is not awake and the center button does not light up unless the power is on.

Does the center light up on Pre Plus when you touch the guesture area and the power is off?

I do have the "Bypass PIN unlock" patch installed and may try to uninstall it to see if that helps.

Any other Sprint Pre folks unable to wake up the phone without hitting the power button first??
    No you still have to push the power button first unfortunately. The difference is you can now swipe up from the gesture area so essentially the same motion but you don't have to have your finger directly on the lock circle. There really needs to be a better alternative. This is the single most annoying thing about the Pre. Sad but true.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Keep your phone on the charger all the time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    No you still have to push the power button first unfortunately. The difference is you can now swipe up from the gesture area so essentially the same motion but you don't have to have your finger directly on the lock circle. There really needs to be a better alternative. This is the single most annoying thing about the Pre. Sad but true.
    It's not very consistent for me. It takes 3 or 4 swipes before it opens. It's quicker to just swipe the lock "button". **sigh**
    It's not very consistent for me. It takes 3 or 4 swipes before it opens. It's quicker to just swipe the lock "button". **sigh**
    I have 100% success as long as the screen is fully on, if it's at that strange dimmed state it seems to not recognize anything I do.
    It seems to me if you use the up swipe and do not go through the lock "button" it will not unlock, but if you touch the lock "button" the phone will unlock.
    If you start your swipe from just to the right or left of the center button were the gesture area lights are, you'll have success 99.9% of the time.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    It's really annoying when you use the phone as an alarm clock.

Alarm goes off.
    You try to find the phone to turn it off.
    Swipe up.
    Type in your PIN.
    Snooze/acknowledge alarm.

Way too many steps. At the VERY least, the slide to unlock should not be there on the Touchstone...
  20.    #100  
    I wonder if this"drag to unlock" will be gone in webos 2.0???
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast