Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Man I wish I could get rid of the swipe up to unlock as well. I used to not really mind it but I couldn't figure out why my phone kept mysteriously unlocking. I'd pull it out of it's pouch case and it'd almost always come out unlocked. Found out the magnet on the case lid deactivates the lock (try it, tap your screen with a magnet right about where the carrier name is). So now I pin lock with 1 digit to ensure there are no problems. Maybe I'll take this thing apart and plant a magnet right behind the screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    For answering, just open the slider. Easy to do with one hand, and if you add the "close on hangup" patch and "hangup on slider close" patch, you can just flip it shut to end the call, never unlocking it at all.
    This is exactly my setup, and the way I use my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    For answering, just open the slider. Easy to do with one hand, and if you add the "close on hangup" patch and "hangup on slider close" patch, you can just flip it shut to end the call, never unlocking it at all.
    Yes, this method works unless you close the phone to put it in your pocket and use a bluetooth handset! You just hung up on the person...
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Yes, this method works unless you close the phone to put it in your pocket and use a bluetooth handset! You just hung up on the person...
    Use the other patch. There's another patch, Close Slider to End Calls Except Headset that will work with BT without hanging up on closing (when you use BT or a wired headset). I use that patch, and Close on Hangup
  5.    #65  
    I dont like opening my phone that often. I only open it to type. Hopefully someone is smart enough to get rid of that screen! I just wonder if it is possible?
    Last edited by stu5797; 02/01/2010 at 07:33 PM.
  6.    #66  
    My pre was off the charger and for about 11 hours I did not have to use the drag to unlock screen. I wonder if it was a malfunction or if I did something to get rid of it. A nyway I cant wait to get rid of that screen. It made the pre so much more enjoyable. (and its already great)
    I don't understand the problem some of you are having at all. While I mostly just snap my Pre open, I can see how some people might not like that, so fair enough.
    But when I don't want to snap it open and have my phone in my left hand (I'm a righty but have always used my left hand for all of my one-handed phone business), I switch the screen on with my index finger, then swipe the lock button up with my thumb.

As a matter of fact, it's perfect that you can swipe it up (and in all directions except down) - because I could NOT do it the way I do now with an iPhone's slide sideways to unlock feature. Not that THAT tiny difference of all things is a killer feature, but for what it's worth... It's a little boon in usability.

I've never had any problems using my Pre with one hand, I can even manage to write the odd short text message with my left hand while stuffing a burger into my gaping maw or carrying grocery bags with my right hand.

Can anybody who has problems using swipe to unlock elaborate on why they can't do it the way I do? I don't want to come off as somebody who thinks the way he does things is the only right way, but it does work for me and doesn't for others... and I'd simply like to understand
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    I looked for all over this forum for a patch but there is not one. Am I the only one annoyed with this?
    r u guys first timers on patches?? there is a patch of that..
  9.    #69  
    There is a patch to get rid of the LOCK screen, but not the "drag to unlock screen! Huge difference jovanny27
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    There is a patch to get rid of the LOCK screen, but not the "drag to unlock screen! Huge difference jovanny27
    my bad.. i just noticed it :0)
  11.    #71  
    Thanks for your input
    or a patch to hide the clock
    Well, I can tell you that I don't have to drag to unlock to answer a call. No need to open and close the keyboard. In fact, its tough not to answer the call accidentally getting it out of the case I use. It's there when charging, but disappears (and the screen activates) when pulling it off the Touchstone.

Seems fine to me. I did think that it would not show up if you didn't have a password assigned to it, though. Maybe in the next patch. From what I'm reading here, some of the issues seem to have been resolved in the latest WebOS update.
  14.    #74  
    That would be nice!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have a question on this that I can't find an answer to:
    if the screen is locked and I get a call that I don't want to answer how do I ignore it? When it is unlocked I have the option to answer or not, but when it is locked I don't have that option. When I slide up to unlock I see the 2 options flash on the bottom, but by then the call has already been answered, what am I missing?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Press power button once, ringing stops. Press it again, call is ignored.
  17.    #77  
    Did anyone actually find a way to get rid of the "drag to unlock screen" for good?
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Man I really hate this, press power button THEN swipe to unlock. I want to JUST press the power button to unlock and be ready to go. Half the time I gotta swipe twice cause it doesn't pick it up, or just lags.
  19.    #79  
    I just put in a patch request
    i wouldn't mind seeing an unlock screen like thr android, where instead of typing a password, you would just use the pattern thingy and connect the dots!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast