Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Please make this patch
  2.    #42  
    Thanks for the email! I wish someone could verify if this patch could be made?
    you guys act like this is the only touchscreen phone to have this lockout feature.
  4.    #44  
    I still wish there was an option or a patch to get rid of it
    Quote Originally Posted by jut View Post
    That won't happen with a capacitive touch screen
    I've gotten some pocket dials from iPhone toting folks.
  6.    #46  
    Yep, this is the Pre though
    I would like to get rid of it when on the touchstone in my office. I thought I saw someone say its not there when charging (on a Touchstone?). Its there for me. I think I can answer a call by hitting the button on headset or picking the phone up. Just wish I could tap the screen to answer without moving the lock image. Not a big deal, if fact I just realized not worth the time to post. Oh well.
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    I keep my Pre in my pocket and if I didn't have a lock screen it might be doing some interesting things by itself...are you sure you don't want that lock screen?
    Plus if you have "Pocket Party" running while in your pocket, it makes those "interesting things" that more interesting
    While I think the lock is a good thing, I would like a simpler way to unlock.

How about a patch that will unlock the Pre when you touch the upper corners at the same time? Make a "V" with your fingers and touch.
    At least Palm didn't make it so you have to drag it in a little pattern, like my friends phone. She has to drag her finger in like four different directions to unlock her phone, Be thankful. Haha
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    drag it to the side
    +1
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    Considering the capacitive touch-screen already prevents accidental input
    Not so much.

Put a thin piece of fabric like a T shirt or thin glove over your hand. Now touch the Pre's screen with it. It will work just like you were touching it with your finger. Better yet, try it with the lining of a pants pocket.

The capacative screen works by sensing the electrical charge in your body. You don't actually have to physically touch the screen, just get close enough for it to sense the electrical charge. This is why you can use a screen protector.
    Last edited by kd0axs; 01/31/2010 at 05:13 PM.
    Theres a patch popping up in Preware that says SlidetoUnlock but when I try to install it it brings me to the app catalog and says "This is not a Valid WebOS program"
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    Not so much.

Put a thin piece of fabric like a T shirt or thin glove over your hand. Now touch the Pre's screen with it. It will work just like you were touching it with your finger. Better yet, try it with the lining of a pants pocket.

The capacative screen works by sensing the electrical charge in your body. You don't actually have to physically touch the screen, just get close enough for it to sense the electrical charge. This is why you can use a screen protector.
    Tried this and nothing happened with my pre. I ALWAYS hit the power button before putting the pre in my pocket. So, the pre would have to be turned back on. (small chance) Then, my leg (not finger) would have to hit buttons. I also have the zagg on. I dont know how you would worry about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Tried this and nothing happened with my pre. I ALWAYS hit the power button before putting the pre in my pocket. So, the pre would have to be turned back on. (small chance) Then, my leg (not finger) would have to hit buttons. I also have the zagg on. I dont know how you would worry about this.
    I've had my phone turn on and I've known it to hang up calls (with customer service folk at Sprint, no less!) just from being placed, face-down on my pants-covered leg.

It's a real situation.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  16.    #56  
    Yes, you obviously forgot to hit the power button before you put it in your pocket. (and your legs must be ripped with muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Yes, you obviously forgot to hit the power button before you put it in your pocket. (and your legs must be ripped with muscle
    Heh. Actually, I put it ON my leg, not in my pants pocket. I thought the pants material would keep any "buttons" from being pressed. I was mistaken.

Just confirming what the other poster said about fabric being an ineffective insulator.
  18.    #58  
    Anyway, it is a Patch I would LOVE to see. (and Pay for)
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I wasn't trying to take away from the fact that this would be a great option to have. I was just pointing out the fact that a capacitive touchscreen does not protect from accidental operation the way many people think. If you carry your phone in some type of holster/case this wouldn't be an issue. If you carry it in your pocket it could be a problem.

I think Palm should have provided an option to turn this on/off from the beginning even though I probably wouldn't use it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I wasn't trying to take away from the fact that this would be a great option to have. I was just pointing out the fact that a capacitive touchscreen does not protect from accidental operation the way many people think. If you carry your phone in some type of holster/case this wouldn't be an issue. If you carry it in your pocket it could be a problem.

I think Palm should have provided an option to turn this on/off from the beginning even though I probably wouldn't use it myself.
    I think the pants pocket approach is a big big mistake, but the rare times that I do it, I make sure the phone's facing out. Obviously, that can be problematic in the long-term, but it's not something I do very often or for very long.

Honorable mention also to those who put out the usb cable while the keyboard's still extended. That'll cause some nice oreo'g for ya, right there.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast