Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I also have the Zagg shield on it. I doubt that would happen with Palms touchscreen
    There have been numerous threads asking for this patch over the past several months, either it can't be done or the developers don't feel it is an issue. I think it would be cool if a patch can be made where it gives the user an option to enable/disable the slide lock in the screen app.
  3.    #23  
    I wish there was a patch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I was wondering why anyone would want to get rid of the "slide to unlock" button, but I guess if you PIN lock your phone, it would be a pain to go through two steps.

Everything on this phone should be an option and Palm should give users the ability to turn everything possible -- on or off --
    the problem is the drag to unlock is not only a pic or text... Is something hard to edit at jsjsjs $file$!
  6.    #26  
    if I was smarter I would create a patch for this. Sorry guys
    I also wish there could be way to remove this. I looked all over the Pre's files searching for the code that operates this unlock screen and had no luck. I guess i might need to look deeper, but i gave up on it a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Everything on this phone should be an option and Palm should give users the ability to turn everything possible -- on or off --
    Totally agree. Makes everyone happy.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ejohnnyk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
    Totally agree. Makes everyone happy.
    Not everyone - talk about a support nightmare...
    I was wondering why anyone would want to get rid of the "slide to unlock" button
    I keep my phone in a Seidio spring-clip holster where the screen is completely covered so there's no way it could be accidentally tapped. Having to pull the Pre out, press the power button, then swipe up to unlock is total overkill and quite annoying. I would love it if the phone could bypass the slide to unlock screen!

+1
    As for the possibility of this it seems that the code which controls the drag-to-open thing is somewhere in the webos-core, which isn't changeable/editable.
  11.    #31  
    Oh well, at least we asked for the patch. I would gladly pay money for it.
  12.    #32  
    Any other thoughts. The patches have fixed all major annoyances Except this one!
    ditto on this.
    In a separate thread, I suggested a patch that would trigger the launch of different apps depending on which of the 3 sides of screen the unlock ball was dragged to... Never got any attention, either not possible or not a good idea....
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenspear View Post
    In a separate thread, I suggested a patch that would trigger the launch of different apps depending on which of the 3 sides of screen the unlock ball was dragged to... Never got any attention, either not possible or not a good idea....
    Considering you could just have those 3 cards open and access them in .001 second after you unlocked the screen it seems pretty useless, but at least you're thinking
  16.    #36  
    that is a good thought. There has to be a way to get rid if that "drag to unlock" screen since it does not pop up while charging.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I hate the drag to unlock, I already have to hit the on button. Any development on this?
    I want it too.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I agree it should at least be an option. Just put a *caution* warning next to it if they're worried about the user experience.
    Considering the capacitive touch-screen already prevents accidental input I can think of no reason to have to drag up. Just make it so that you press anywhere on the screen to wake it up. I really don't know why they make us have to use the On button anyway. It should only be needed for emergency restarting resetting the device when the touch-screen isn't usable for some reason.

The heavy-handed nature of Palm not giving us Pre users basic options with WebOS is really irksome. Let's hope some mods figure this out.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast