Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm sure this information is researchable somewhere, but I've had no luck. As Sprint premiere customers, we get yearly phone upgrades. Do any of the other major carriers (AT&T, T-mobile, Verizon?) offer this through some sort of comparable program?

If not, this seems like a MAJOR reason to stay on Sprint, since even the top tier phones are obsolete within months anyway.
    Right on I do love that. Not that I know of.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    As a Sprint Premier customer you get full 2-year discount every year. Sprint is the only US carrier that offers this.

People who are jumping to Verizon just for the new Pre are crazy.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    I do believe Sprint it the only carrier that does this. All other carriers only give upgrade discounts every 2 years, as does Sprint if you are not premier customer.
    I have not heard of any other carrier offering this... of course I hadn't really heard of Sprint doing it until I got my "Premier" package in the mail. haha
    Verizon does.
    i dont think verizon gives you 150.00 every one year... Sprint is the only one.
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    how do you get premier status?
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    Verizon does.
    I guess they do. I hadn't heard of it before but a quick Google answered that question.

The Customer Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Verizon
    Also, customers who register for My Verizon online get the added benefits of the My Verizon Advantage:

You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
    how do you get premier status?
    You have to have been a Sprint customer for 6 months and you have to be on a single line plan of 69.99 a month or more or family plan of 99.99 or more for 3 months. This should cover pretty much everyone that has a Pre.

You also qualify if you have been a Sprint customer for 10 years, regardless of your plan.

http://www.sprintenterprise.com/prem...remiercustomer
    Last edited by kd0axs; 01/10/2010 at 12:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    I guess they do. I hadn't heard of it before but a quick Google answered that question.

The Customer Experience
    I wouldnt lie to you guys
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    i dont think verizon gives you 150.00 every one year... Sprint is the only one.
    you dont think Verizon does but then you go on to claim Sprint is the only one
    You have to have been a Sprint customer for 6 months and you have to be on a single line plan of 69.99 a month or more or family plan of 99.99 or more for 3 months. This should cover pretty much everyone that has a Pre.

You also qualify if you have been a Sprint customer for 10 years, regardless of your plan.

Sprint Premier
    ah ok, my $19/month plan is what kills me i suppose
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)

I for one will be *****ing at sprint when our year comes up, the put the wife on premire but not my line..... Even though I have been with sprint for about 2 years longer. Not really worried about it with our history with them, shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 01/10/2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: quote messed up
    When you have a family plan only the primary line gets the upgrade, not the secondary line. If you have two separate plans this shouldn't be a problem, you should both get the one year upgrade.

I had a problem once where they listed the 2nd line as the primary line, so it showed it as being eligible for an upgrade, but not my line, but a phone call changed it with no problem.
    On family plans/multi-line plans, only 1 line gets the yearly upgrade. If you get a phone directly from Sprint itself will only allow the upgrade on the line they have it setup on. However if you go to Best Buy, you can have them apply an upgrade from one line onto another line. I've done that a few times.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Only thing that sucks is just one line falls under that if you're on a family plan.

I have 2 Pre's on my family plan and a Pixi and only one falls into the yearly upgrade, the rest are the normal 2 year. Here is for hoping the new Pre comes out sometime in 2011 when I can get it with the upgrade for my line.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Only thing that sucks is just one line falls under that if you're on a family plan.

I have 2 Pre's on my family plan and a Pixi and only one falls into the yearly upgrade, the rest are the normal 2 year. Here is for hoping the new Pre comes out sometime in 2011 when I can get it with the upgrade for my line.
    I agree with that, but if you're the primary line(like I am) and no one else in your family really considers upgrading, you don't feel too bad
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    This may be a dumb question, but does that mean your contract would be for three years if you just sign one last summer for the Pre? Does it reset? I thought a Sprint rep told me once that the maximum you could be under contract is 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzaclub View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but does that mean your contract would be for three years if you just sign one last summer for the Pre? Does it reset? I thought a Sprint rep told me once that the maximum you could be under contract is 2 years.
    resets.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast