Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Another issue. Now I have PDf viewer but it does not open or read pdf's. Geez
    Have you rebooted your phone?

Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    And I apologize .
    haha, no big deal, it's the default assumption
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Another issue. Now I have PDf viewer but it does not open or read pdf's. Geez
    Hmm...I probably should have tested mine. I assumed since I got the icon that it worked. I'm also having this issue now. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Gonna try a reboot first though.
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  4.    #24  
    Rebooted and does not work...darn it
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    Rebooted and does not work...darn it
    Yeah same here. I'll continue to play with it.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    It's possible you needed to mount the file system as read-write before running the copy command (I'm NOT a linux programmer so I have no idea if this is true):

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Also stupid question but stu5797, just double check you've extracted the folder and aren't putting the .zip file onto the pre's internal drive.
    What I get:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: mount -o remount,rw /
    root@palm-webos-device: cp /media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/* /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/app'
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/images'
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/javascripts'
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/patches'
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/resources'
      cp: omitting directory '/media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/stylesheets'
    root@palm-webos-device
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
  8.    #28  
    yes, I extracted the file. No, it's not a stupid question. I am not great with computers.
    Aaaah right, I'm dumb, sorry

cp -a /media/internal/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/* /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer
    Bingo. Works like a charm.

Amazing what a single argument can do when it comes to computers/IT stuff. This is exactly while I'm not a programmer but a network orientated IT person.

You in the industry? I probably should of thought of that myself lol.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    I think -r would do the same thing. I went ahead and edited my post on the first page of this thread to include the argument, maybe you should do the same for your line of code in case anyone else comes looking with the same problem.

Nope, I'm just a law student who really shouldn't have gone to law school :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    I think -r would do the same thing. I went ahead and edited my post on the first page of this thread to include the argument, maybe you should do the same for your line of code in case anyone else comes looking with the same problem.

Nope, I'm just a law student who really shouldn't have gone to law school :-/
    lol nice. Well, you seem like you have plenty of working knowledge in this world so...do what suits ya best .
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Frankly law school is going to be the wrong choice for almost everyone... if you know anyone thinking of it, ever... just say no. lol.
  14.    #34  
    You guys are both amazing! Wow! How in the world did you figure that out. I am 30 years old and clueless when it comes to this stuff!
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    We're NOT 30 years old? :P. I kid. I'm 22 and have been in the IT world since I was 16. Seems like Irene has done some work in that field to or is one of those self-learners.

Glad we could all work together and get it resolved.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    How do I create the directory to put the files in if I deleted it (I'm getting a "No such file or directory" error)?
  17.    #37  
    If you accidentally deleted your PDF (like I did) You can run Webos Repair utility OR follow these easy steps. You will then have a file
    There was a step missing for me since I didn't have the directory in that folder (they were in the var folder). I had to do a mkdir command (mkdir /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer) to create the directory first before I could copy everything over to it.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I did all that as above and I got the pdf icon back (for a moment). I opened it and read a pdf to make sure it was working. It was the original evil version that doesn't let me search pdf's. So, I applied the pdf redux patch via webosquickinstall, restarted luna, and now the pdf viewer icon is GONE! I looked in device info and it's not listed there either. My first thought was to become angry and irrational but I thought I'd post here first. Any fixes?
    FYI: I then took the battery out and restarted it, but it didn't help.
    Update: I've been working on it for a couple hours now and have: deleted the directory, then did the mkdir as above, copied the directory (via the extracted zip file as described, and it finally showed me the 'ommitting directory' part so I was happy for a sec, restarted, but it still didn't give me my pdf icon back.
    Last edited by drinkwd40; 02/02/2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: clarify the question
  20.    #40  
    I dont understand? This tells you the easiest way to get it back?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast