Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    It's Truth Time with Tyler. I hope you're sitting down...

FACT:We're running webOS 1.3.5.1. Don't forget it!

FACTIt brought some performance enhancements and GPU support for games as well as better battery life in places with shoddy reception.

FACT webOS 1.4 is just around the proverbial corner. It is said to include;better performance, better battery life, bett STOP... It's gonna make your Pre freakin sweet.

FACT Palm doesn't lie. And they aren't lying now.

webOS 1.3.5.1 was a hit with the kids. 1.4 will be a kick to the groin. I mean seriously.. Flash? Yes please! Better performance? I'll some of that! Better battery life? That's whats up!

Seriously though.. In Palm we trust. They know competition can kill them if they don't innovate, enhance, and progress and also... "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing." They know what they have to do!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Look at webos version 1.04, now look at webos version 1.3.5.1. Is there a difference in performance? Yes. Did people question whether palm would be around this long to increase performance? Yes It only gets better people. Be patient and see.
    Last edited by cnote1287; 01/20/2010 at 11:48 AM.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    I've often have wanted just for ****s and giggles to downgrade to 1.04 and use the phone for a day haha.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I've often have wanted just for ****s and giggles to downgrade to 1.04 and use the phone for a day haha.
    I've done it, it isn't pretty.

The Pre is fast enough for me as it is, and getting faster will only make it that much better. I can't wait till the replacement to the Pre is replaced because it will address my only major gripe, BUILD QUALITY... Faster CPU/GPU and more RAM/flash memory wouldnt hurt either
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayasinskiy View Post
    I'm really hoping they will start using gpu in the next update. In regards to those patches running phone cpu at 600 it will either brick ur pre or make it unstable and crash alot. Not recommended.
    Don't use a patch, learn to edit the files yourself. I've been running happily at 600MHz since July.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Don't use a patch, learn to edit the files yourself. I've been running happily at 600MHz since July.
    I had been running 600mHz with virtually no problems, but now that Luna resets the clock to 500 I gave up. I don't know if it is related, but shortly after I mod'ed LunaSysMgr to run 600 I started having freezes and ultimately went to the Dr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vociferous View Post
    Yes the GPU is activated in 1.4

And battery life will get better too.

Jon Rubenstein has been here before at Apple. It took a full year before the iPhone had an sdk. It took Palm what 7 months?

It took a while for the iPhone to optimize it's software for the hardware. It will take Palm time too, but it's coming and as of Feb 2010, it will be here.

Jon's a smart guy. It will all come together.
    I wouldn't listen to this guy.

jon didn't even have anything to do with the iphone so he has not "been there". Furthuremore he worked on the ipod and left in 2006, so once again he did not work with the iphone. On top of that he said he has never even used an iphone in his life.

game.set.match
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Every smart phone can get laggy, the Droid can, and yes, even the iPhone, it really depends on what you're doing. But Webos will get more responsive.
    This is so true... I can get my iPod touch to not respond to ANYTHING for 30+ seconds at a time, it all depends on what I am doing on it.
    I can't wait...I like the Pre and WebOS quite a bit but recently considered changing phones because of the slowness. I decided to hang in there and wait until 1.4.
    If you seriously have a problem with 1-2 seconds to open an application, the practical solution for those not hell-bent on finding something to complain about, is to leave your frequently used applications open. Then you have almost instantaneous access to them. It's called multitasking.
    I really hope 1.4 is what they are setting it up to be. After using a Hero for a couple months I picked my Pre back up today and updated to 1.3.1 or whatever it is. Low and behold no major improvement, wasn't really expecting one. As is they are both horribly slow, laggy phones. But, the Pre has the potential to become a fast responsive phone with the proper software. The Hero is what it is, slow and laggy with no where to go but down when 2.1 is released and it completely overwhelms it.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    If you seriously have a problem with 1-2 seconds to open an application, the practical solution for those not hell-bent on finding something to complain about, is to leave your frequently used applications open. Then you have almost instantaneous access to them. It's called multitasking.
    I agree. It's not the one-two seconds of waiting for an app to open. It's the somettimes sluggish UI that gets people. Something that will hopefully be addressed in the 1.4 update.

The speed at which apps open can also be fixed but it shouldn't an urgent thing. That was an issue on the iPhone 3G when it came out and was later correct in an update (among many other lag issues..)
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    link?
    Yes the GPU is activated in 1.4
    Yeah, uh... I am going to have to question his source...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ch-more-2.html

Remember when everyone didnt believe the technology was there for need for speed? LOL
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12