1.    #1  
    Recently I was going to take my phone up to sprint to be replaced (touchscreen doesn't work unless charger is plugged in). Before I went up there I made sure to run EPR and clean up my phone. When I got there the staff took my phone and Doctored it to 1.3.5. They then proceeded to tell me that they would not be able to replace it and that I should file a claim with asurion because the phone had the 5 launcher pages that they knew was done by messing with the ROM.

When I got back home tried what they did and Doctored it to 1.3.5, and I received the same issue. If I Doctor it back to 1.3.1, I have 3 pages, however if I doctor it to 1.3.5, I still get 5 launcher pages.

What should I do?
    go to another sprint store.?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Try re-adding the patch that adds and removes launcher pages and reducing the number of pages to three. Then re-apply emergency patch removal and web-os doctor.
  4.    #4  
    I seem to have found out the issue. In the newest versions (1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1) Palm must be saving more personal settings to Palm profile. One of those bits of information is how many launcher pages.

This is what I did:
    I took off the extra pages
    Then i manually backed up my phone
    After that i Doctored my phone using 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1
    Both came back with 3 pages

I wonder what else Palm might be backing up into the Palm profile.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by talalal View Post
    Try re-adding the patch that adds and removes launcher pages and reducing the number of pages to three. Then re-apply emergency patch removal and web-os doctor.
    Thats what I initially thought would work too. But once I doctored it and my profile loaded back up it had 5 pages.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post
    Thats what I initially thought would work too. But once I doctored it and my profile loaded back up it had 5 pages.
    Well that's a little worrisome... I hope that my phone doesn't break now!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    doctor it to 1.3.1 then & turn it in for exchange. if you're gettin rid of it, who cares?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    doctor it to 1.3.1 then & turn it in for exchange. if you're gettin rid of it, who cares?
    Did that, they attempted their own Doctor, which I am assuming is 1.3.5, and that came back with 5 pages. I'm going in tomorrow so hopefully it all works out.

But I think as long as you back up your profile with 3 pages, when the new Doctor reloads your profile it comes back with 3 pages.
    no, 1.3.1 did it too. Actually if you have the LED notification patch installed and turn on the feature and doctor the phone, the LED will still turn on after the notification. You need to turn that off manually.

I have this weird hunch that preferences are stored else where on the phone and not affected by webos doctor.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    no, 1.3.1 did it too. Actually if you have the LED notification patch installed and turn on the feature and doctor the phone, the LED will still turn on after the notification. You need to turn that off manually.

I have this weird hunch that preferences are stored else where on the phone and not affected by webos doctor.
    At least when it came to the launcher pages 1.3.1 didn't save the preferences that i had for it. 1.3.1 brought me down to 3 launcher pages. Once i doctored it to 1.3.5 however, it gave me 5 pages again. It has to have something to do with the Palm profile settings.
    Recently I was going to take my phone up to sprint to be replaced (touchscreen doesn't work unless charger is plugged in). Before I went up there I made sure to run EPR and clean up my phone. When I got there the staff took my phone and Doctored it to 1.3.5. They then proceeded to tell me that they would not be able to replace it and that I should file a claim with asurion because the phone had the 5 launcher pages that they knew was done by messing with the ROM.

When I got back home tried what they did and Doctored it to 1.3.5, and I received the same issue. If I Doctor it back to 1.3.1, I have 3 pages, however if I doctor it to 1.3.5, I still get 5 launcher pages.

What should I do?
    You need to go to a different store! Thats total BS! If Palm didnt want you modding your Pre they wouldnt have made the dev mode code the old konami code.

Not to mention software updates have nothing to do w/ hardware issues.

Palm has embraced the homebrew community more than any other software company!

Did you go to a corporate store or a bs authorized dealer?

I have replaced my Pre twice for speaker issues and both times I went in to sprint and let them play w/ it extensively modded and they replaced it no problem, I also sent both back to assurion w/o a wipe.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

+1

As of CES palm has embraced homebrew, so it really shouldn't be a problem. Also the phone is going to be refurbed anyway.
    Did that, they attempted their own Doctor, which I am assuming is 1.3.5, and that came back with 5 pages. I'm going in tomorrow so hopefully it all works out.

But I think as long as you back up your profile with 3 pages, when the new Doctor reloads your profile it comes back with 3 pages.
    apply the patch and open up where it says add delete pages and delete pages the pages you added and then run epr and then try the reboot . back up the phone and see if that fixes it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i think you just need to apply the patch and manually delete them then delete the patch
    and web doc the phone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15.    #15  
    Thank you for your suggestions. I did try that however when i doctored it, the phone still came back with 5 pages.

I did however figure out what the issue is, Palm is backing up how many launcher pages people have in their phones. After i backed up the phone with 3 launcher pages every webos doctor since has restored back to 3 launcher pages.

And on a side note. Took it back up to sprint today and they exchanged it out. Still a refurbished one, but it works nonetheless.