1.    #1  
    I've been searching for threads discussing EVDO speeds, and I can't find any info on increasing EVDO speeds. At my house, I'm getting anywhere from 324 to 579 kbps, and my friend's iPhone 3GS gets around 900 to 1000 kbps.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by aceattorney; 01/10/2010 at 04:05 AM. Reason: ran more tests
    You are running tests on two completely different cell carriers and towers. You simply may have less of a signal in that particular spot on Sprint and AT&T may have a closer tower for your friend. Try the same test with the situations reversed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    You are running tests on two completely different cell carriers and towers. You simply may have less of a signal in that particular spot on Sprint and AT&T may have a closer tower for your friend. Try the same test with the situations reversed.
    I see...I suppose not all carriers have great coverage at all places.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aceattorney View Post
    I've been searching for threads discussing EVDO speeds, and I can't find any info on increasing EVDO speeds. At my house, I'm getting anywhere from 324 to 579 kbps, and my friend's iPhone 3GS gets around 900 to 1000 kbps.

Thanks for your help!
    I've noticed Sprint's service slowing down in the sf bay area where I live..

I used to get ~700-900kbs consistentnly over my phone or via my sprint broadband card.. now it's closer to ~250-400

-mark
    With Sprint, I was getting 1.2mbps on speed tests. Download speeds while tethering easily averaged 150 KB/s
    what are you guys testing your speeds with?
    While tethering, I used speedtest.net and dslreports.com
    cool, was just wondering, my buddy's iphone has an app for it, he was getting 1.7mbs here the other day, so was wondering about mine already.
    Dslreports.com has a mobile speed test as well, so you can find out your speed using the Pre's browser