1.    #1  
    We have a Sprint family plan and I've owned a Pre for about a month. Working great, has an ever so slight wiggle when closed but I think within spec. Another family member had just purchased a Pixi and then decided to exchange it for a Pre after seeing the CES presentation.

This new Pre has great build quality, very solid, but I noticed the keyboard backlight seems uneven / off-center compared to mine. The P, backspace, return, comma and Sym keys (and to a lesser extent the O & L) aren't illuminated very well at all.

Is this a common issue? My first thought was to exchange it but given the build quality on some of these the next one could be afflicted with something worse...
    Quote Originally Posted by jtfolden View Post
    We have a Sprint family plan and I've owned a Pre for about a month. Working great, has an ever so slight wiggle when closed but I think within spec. Another family member had just purchased a Pixi and then decided to exchange it for a Pre after seeing the CES presentation.

This new Pre has great build quality, very solid, but I noticed the keyboard backlight seems uneven / off-center compared to mine. The P, backspace, return, comma and Sym keys (and to a lesser extent the O & L) aren't illuminated very well at all.

Is this a common issue? My first thought was to exchange it but given the build quality on some of these the next one could be afflicted with something worse...
    I've had a Pre with uneven backlight from Launch-Day (June 6, 2009) and it hasn't been an issue. It won't get any worse. As long as this minor unevenness does not bother you, I'd stay with what you have. If it does bother you, go into a store and see if you can get it replaced with a new (not refurbished) Pre.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Install the Brightness Unlinked patch. With that you can control the amount of light to the keyboard.