returned my Pre to Sprint because of numerous dropped calls and ridiculous signal strength. My Treo 755p worked well in the same areas and got no satisfactory explanation from either Palm or Sprint. Really liked the phone but it was unusable for me. Anyone with similar issues?
    Im a truck driver and often find myself in areas with low signal. I can always tell when I am about to loose conection. I.E im in the middle of bfe and going through a valley. Now when Im at home. yes I notice my signal going up and down but never drop a call.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My wife and I get dropped calls occasionally. We live in an area that has good coverage, and still have calls dropped sometimes. It's happened with other Sprint phones we've had before, including Nextel when we had them.
    The Pre's radio is one of the reasons why most users have been switching to the Hero, and the Hero isnt all that it is cracked up to be - but a much better radio it has.

I have never had a phone with such a bad radio. I dropped way to many calls with the Pre.

I wonder if the Pre Plus has a better radio. If not, the mighty VZ network cant even help that.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    and the Hero isnt all that it is cracked up to be - but a much better radio it has.
    Are you the Yoda of the Mobile world?
    Quote Originally Posted by sper View Post
    returned my Pre to Sprint because of numerous dropped calls and ridiculous signal strength. My Treo 755p worked well in the same areas and got no satisfactory explanation from either Palm or Sprint. Really liked the phone but it was unusable for me. Anyone with similar issues?

Did you ever switch the phone over to roam?
    Ive noticed the same thing, and I tried to think the people that were claiming this were full of crap. I see the problem, my bars are either very good, or none at all, and it skips ALOT between good and bad. I just dropped a call the other day, which shocked me immensely, as Ive NEVER dropped a call on my Centro in the 2 years I had it, no matter where I was my Centro kept a solid voice connection(which says ALOT because of where I work, the government buildings are very old and do not allow nearly ANY wireless signal to escape).

Aside from the craptastic signal the phone seems to pick up(my centro gets full bars in areas my pre gets 1), I love the pre to death, just very frustrating, and confusing how you allow the best mobile OS(my opinion) to be laid on such a garbage foundation(the hardware).

On a side note with the hardware, my friend has had his phone for a little over a month, the screen already got smashed in, would NOT have happened if it was a glass screen(not trying to stir up anything, and I already know that EVERYONE is complaining, but I feel I have the right to voice my same complaint).
    Last edited by feyded1020; 01/11/2010 at 05:56 PM.
    the pre i got on launch day had that problem

the pre i got 2 months later (maybe 3) had the same problem but worse

my third pre i got does not have that issue

not sure if it matters, but the first two i got from the sprint store and the last one at Best Buy
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Are you the Yoda of the Mobile world?
    Foolish Jedi! Learn you will! Drop call if you must!
    Live free or DIE!
    yes, but it made no difference....