1.    #1  
    So, what if you've got everything the way you want it under 1.3.5 (or the best you can get it)? Now your Pre is pestering you to download 1.3.5.1. That means, removing all your patches, downloading and installing the update, reinstalling your patches, then figuring out what works/doesn't work under the new update and tweaking for it's particular idiosyncrasies.

From what I have read, the official purpose of 1.3.5.1 is to correct an MS Exchange server issue, and nothing else. If this correct, and you don't use Exchange server, it stands to reason that you don't need the update.

With that said, and the understanding that 1.4 is coming out next month, which will be well worth the hassle of unloading/reloading all your stuff, I offer up this oldie but goody. It's "how to block (and unblock) updates". Root your Pre and have fun.

Blocking Updates - WebOS Internals

Hope some of you find this of value.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I bit the bullet and updated without removing any patches.
    it is a 1mb download and updates a part I dont use.

anyway, that was 2 days ago, and I have noticed NOTHING going wrong.
    I did it with 2 Pres and all went fine.
    if it was a bigger update, I would have removed everything.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    As long as you don't have a calendar patch, I'm pretty sure you don't have to remove any patches.
    Maybe you do have to remove themes; I'm not sure.
    It is my understanding I can do this through Terminal, so once I load Terminal, do I just start Terminal and once I get the scary black screen I just start typing the code on that page?
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    It is my understanding I can do this through Terminal, so once I load Terminal, do I just start Terminal and once I get the scary black screen I just start typing the code on that page?
    Yes.

Oh, and yes for some reason the pre terminal scares me too.
    i havent had any issues since the 1.3.5.1. update it downloaded automatically without my knowledge once i hooked my charger up and i did have patches for my calendar app but everything is still running smoothly
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    oh great, that's just awsome. leave it to me to have a calender patch. my pre is kinda messed up right now. i forgot to remove all my patches and my theme, now i can't get anything onto my pre from webos quick install. i cant even get doctor to work. i keep getting that black screen when trying to do doctor that says service removed. i looked it up, and found out that novacomd has been removed until it becomes compatable with 1.3.5. anyone got any answers?