1.    #1  
    I bought my wife a second hand pre. Sprint will not allow me to insure the phone because they say its not a sprint phone. Even tho I bought it from a friend that purchased it from a sprint store. So two weeks after I bought the phone the power button stops working. And what ya know she let the batt go dead. Well sprint want 125 to fix it.

So here is my fix. With a small srew driver pop out the power button. You do not need to open up the phone for this. The button simply pops out. In the center of the button you will see the part that contacts the actual button in the phone. Now im sure there are better ways of doing this. But I took a needle with a very small amout of epoxy and put it on the piece that make the contact. Let it cure and poped it in. Phone has been working fine for about two weeks now.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    cant you just take it to a sprint store with a service dept??
    my local shop repairs all sorts of stuff, even when I didnt have insurance.
    I think they will do anything that does not require a new phone.
    they put a new keypad on my sanyo M1 and the only cost to me was 3 hours without my phone.
  3.    #3  
    I did that and they said it would cost 125 dollars
    I went to mine and said the parts needed were not available, I need to wait 2 weeks, but my guess is they were lazy
  5.    #5  
    it is a very simple fix. takes no more than ten minutes.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Call customer service and let them know you just purcahsed and activated a Pre on your account. Ask them to add TEP.

The rule is that as long as the Pre is new to YOUR account, and has been on the line less than 30 days you can add TEP.

Plus the unit has a 1 year warranty, so they should have taken care of you either way.

Any repair center that sent you away without taking care of this issue for you should be shut down.
    Store Manager, Authorized Sprint Retailer and Authorized Service Center for Sprint/Nextel devices. Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    Rocking the Evo Shift 4G till Pre3 lands.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chase1980 View Post
    it is a very simple fix. takes no more than ten minutes.
    yup
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    Call customer service and let them know you just purcahsed and activated a Pre on your account. Ask them to add TEP.

The rule is that as long as the Pre is new to YOUR account, and has been on the line less than 30 days you can add TEP.

Plus the unit has a 1 year warranty, so they should have taken care of you either way.

Any repair center that sent you away without taking care of this issue for you should be shut down.
    After the rep told me that they would not cover a phone that I did not purchase from sprint. I explained that it was bought from sprint and since sprint was the only company with this phone why could I not get tep on it. He said company rules. I then asked him about manufactor warrany and he told me that it was past its year. Ok a alarm goes off. So I went to another sprint store and got the same bs. Except this guy told me he did not know about if palm would fix it. I got tired of seeing the phone sit here useless. So I said hell with it. I'm bored and am sure its an easy fix. Im just glad I didnt pay the money to get it fixed. I would of been ticked if I knew i got charged that much for something so small.