1.    #1  
    every single time i try to start sprint nav i get this error message:

"An exception occurred. The Sprint navigation adapter experienced an exception: telenav service was not properly initialized."

what the deuce does that mean and how can i fix it. reaaaaaaaaaallllly trying to avoid the doctor since i JUST got all my patches back on there after the last update. *sigh* help? :-(
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I just started having a problem with my Nav, it says that I have to turn off airplane mode (When It's already off)
  3.    #3  
    well what happened?
    Did you report this to sprint? This could be a bug that can be duplicated or easily fixed. I have yet to receive this error.
    mine works fine.

but i dont have any patches
    Pre be with you.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. -- Winston Churchill

Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities. -- Aldous Huxley
    I can confirm the same here--I can't get Sprint Navigation to work ever since updating to 1.3.5.1.

I'm going to call Sprint tech support...this is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by JillyJilly View Post
    every single time i try to start sprint nav i get this error message:

"An exception occurred. The Sprint navigation adapter experienced an exception: telenav service was not properly initialized."

what the deuce does that mean and how can i fix it. reaaaaaaaaaallllly trying to avoid the doctor since i JUST got all my patches back on there after the last update. *sigh* help? :-(
    I have the exact error. I contacted Spint and they said that the only way to try and fix the error was to do a HARD RESET (essentially losing all my data, unless backed up, but we all know this to be a major pain in the a..). They apologized but had no other fix!
    When you say HARD RESET, do you mean WebOS Doctor?
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I had to Dr. it back to life
    What if you extracted the telenav packages from the webOS dr. jar and manually reinstalled them?

Just put them on the USB drive, remote into the phone, remount / in rw mode, & instal the packages. It may work...
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    That's a great idea, but I don't know how to do all that
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by xxbeanxx View Post
    What if you extracted the telenav packages from the webOS dr. jar and manually reinstalled them?

Just put them on the USB drive, remote into the phone, remount / in rw mode, & instal the packages. It may work...
    pfff you are speaking gibberish. i have no idea what any of that means. if you can walk me thru it step by step and you think it would work please do by all means
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I'm having the same problem. I actually loaded Sprint Navigation yesterday morning from my office, so that I'd have the address in Recent Places when I got in the car later in the day. It worked fine when I loaded it up in the office, but I have been getting the SprintNav initialization failure error ever since.

NOTHING was changed between the time I loaded Sprint Navigation in my office and 2 hours later when I first got the error message.

Surely there must be some fix for this short of doing a hard reset!