View Poll Results: Would you pay for an app like this?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

9 81.82%
  • NO

2 18.18%
  1.    #1  
    Shop savvy is a current app for google and is the best app i have ever seen! It takes a picture of a products bar code and tells you 2 to 3 different stores that offer it and their price for it. also checks ebay and amazon for matching products. Why hasn't anyone developed this type of app for palm, I would most certainly pay 10 bucks for an app like this, and I'm sure others would too!!
    I know I would pay for it. I had it on my G1 and loved it. Used it all the time. I hope it comes to Pre. Some people said the camera won't work. I don't see how that's possible the G1 camera was junk compared the Pre's.
    We have Dealert ( )

The pre's camera doesn't have the close up focus like android phones so Barcode reading is out.
    oh I have dealert and it's great! Having the barcode with dealert would be awesome! Too bad...
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    It could work without the camera. Just manually enter the product's UPC code rather than taking a picture of the barcode. It would probably be faster like this anyway.

I agree about Dealert. It's great, although I have yet to buy anything I've found with it yet.
    There have been several discussions about this in the forums. Because the Pre doesn't have a Macro function built into the camera, an application like this won't work. There are work-arounds such as adding a lens to the camera case from an optical drive, but for now... we won't see the application until the Pre gets a minor camera upgrade.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kd0axs View Post
    It could work without the camera. Just manually enter the product's UPC code rather than taking a picture of the barcode. It would probably be faster like this anyway.

I agree about Dealert. It's great, although I have yet to buy anything I've found with it yet.
    If you're going to type it in, why not just search for the item on Google Product Search?