Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I want to add an extension to several phone numbers in my pre.

example: 123-4567 ext: 555

I want it to dial the extension automatically.
    1) Open the phone dialer.
    2) Press the numbers on the screen dialpad (not with the keyboard).
    3) Once you have your number (xxx-xxx-xxxx), hold the * button on the screen. It will turn into a 't'. This symbol means "2 second pause". Add 2 of these.
    4) Place the extension. So number should now be "xxx-xxx-xxxxttxxxx"
    5) Press that "Add to contacts" button.

Edit:
    I just tried, and you can just add that sequence directly on the contact entry. Press the shift button to enter text mode & enter the 't'
    Follow Me On

Or you insert a pause by entering a "p" in the number in the contact. This will put a little bar on your phone and won't dial the number until you tap that bar.

I use this for a lot of conference call numbers instead of the two second pause because sometimes it takes longer than four seconds to be able to enter the passcode.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    3) Once you have your number (xxx-xxx-xxxx), hold the * button on the screen. It will turn into a 't'. This symbol means "2 second pause". Add 2 of these.

Edit:
    I just tried, and you can just add that sequence directly on the contact entry. Press the shift button to enter text mode & enter the 't'
    Worked Great! I thanked you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post

Edit:
    I used to do this on my Pre but I've got a Pre2 now & I can't seem to get it to work. Every time I add a "p" then my extension, when I hit Done, a space is added before the "p" and the extension bar doesn't appear when I dial. Am I doing something wrong or is it a bug in webOS 2.1 ?