Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    EVDO on palm pre is pretty fast so wifi off isn't that bad. Hopefully Palm will address this issue AND Memory leak in 1.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It's not inherent to Wifi encryption. I use WPA encryption and I leave my
    Wifi on *all the time*, and my Pre idles at less than 1.5% draw per
    hour whether I'm in a Wifi environment or not, and whether it's
    encrypted or not (my home Wifi network is encrypted, most others aren't).
    Agree. My situation is similar, except that my Pre idles at closer to 1% an hour.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Been following this very confusing story as my phone was going flat by mid afternoon. I have a GSM Pre 1.3.5.2 and I have changed to 30 mins for my 5 email accounts instead of "on arrival" and also taken off the Wifi at home and I am surprised to see its not going flat. Battery Monitor says 1.95% drain/hr
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Switching the email to polling from "as they arrive" is a proven way
    to reduce battery drain. In your shoes, I'd try turning Wifi back on
    and see if it remains the same or increases draw again.

ian
    I've been having horrid battery issues since the update. I leave the house at 100% (8am) and by noon it's in the low 70s/high 60s...with hardly any use (2-5 texts).

I've tried turning off WiFi and BT and it doesn't make that much of difference. The only way I conserve battery is by going into airplane mode (which is friggin ridiculous!).

I'm just hoping (praying) the 1.4 update fixes this.
    Palm loyalist: Samsung SGH-i500>Treo 600>650>755P>Pre- #1>>Pre- #2>Pre- #3>Pre- #4>Pre- #5>Pre- #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Switching the email to polling from "as they arrive" is a proven way
    to reduce battery drain. In your shoes, I'd try turning Wifi back on
    and see if it remains the same or increases draw again.

ian
    (original post edited because i misread the quote)

That's correct. Push email is more of a drain because the phone is more often in contact with the servers. Switching from "as they arrive" to 15 minutes will see a noticeable improvement in battery life. I however need push email and am willingly to accept the tradeoffs.

Battery life is also affected by reception coverage. Low reception increases battery drain. So the combination of low reception and push email will significantly affect battery life.

When I say "low reception" I mean 1 bar of reception or when your phone keeps switching between roaming and Sprint
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123