1.    #1  
    So I was one that never had a worry that the pre coming out on launch day "only" had 8gigs of memory. I didn't plan on using the phone for a media player, and figured take some pics here and there and use a few apps. Though with 3 little ones, I've used the camera more than I thought.

Well, now fast forward to January. We now have 3d games that use a couple hundred megs of space, video recording is coming with editing options.

Have to say I'm a little jealous of the Vz version coming with double the storage as I now see it can be put to use for me. But I'd never make the move to Vz just for that, more than happy with my sprint plan and glad to see Palm doing a hardware refresh as it's progress.

Now off to play some more NFS
    lol, i'm with you. while it did just get smaller, i'm not mad. that's the way things work in the tech world, and i've loved being a part of watching things happen with palm and pre. now if we can just get 32gig for sprint this spring...
    yeah I think the next sprint version we see will be nice. I am still mad at apple for making fixed memory acceptable. That was always my complaint with the iphone. I love my pre, I just hate not having acard slot. It's nice to be able to take a trip or be somewhere and upload pics from my cameras card via my phone.

palm has always done well with sprint, so I don't worry and from a market standpoint, palm couldn't launch a 6 month old errr 7 month on vzw and hope to compete. Small changes will help webos growth in general.
    Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    palm has always done well with sprint, so I don't worry and from a market standpoint, palm couldn't launch a 6 month old errr 7 month on vzw and hope to compete. Small changes will help webos growth in general.
    I don't get why more people can't understand this. They just think "We are getting screwed" because an updated version is coming out on a different carrier. The Pre has been out for 7 months. Verizon would be crazy to launch the same version with no improvements. Besides, most of us that have Pres with Sprint won't be eligible for an upgrade discount until at least June. Palm really has no choice but to have either an improved Pre or a whole new WebOS device out on Sprint or at least announced by then. If they don't, people with Pres will be getting their upgrade and it won't be a Palm device they are buying.
    eventually the change we need is a microSD slot, rather than default HDD.

and I have no complaint with Pre Plus om VZ, like kd0axs said, it would be stupid for VZ to get exactly same Pre after 7 months.