Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    so Palm keeps tweeting the new apps, but they arent showing up on projectappetite.com, whats going on? palm tweeted one that is called appscoop, which has a feed of the newest web distributed apps, but where do you find them, also if you click on one of there twitter links it goes to the palm web site and shows the app like on project appetite, but there is no way to see other apps here is a link to appscoop AppScoop, and another one BuildaSearch. oops builda search isnt web distributed... but the other one is

Does anybody know where to find a list of web distributed apps or ?
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    PreCentral app gallery
    Not sure, I was looking for that too...

Webos School did make a visual catalog recently that has a bunch of stats.. can't buy from it though.
    webOS School App Catalog Viewer
    what i can't do is get the app to my phone, i put my # in 10x and no text message
    Here is an app that shows all the web distributed apps. Open the link on your phone and press stream. A new card should pop-up that looks similar to the App Cat giving a description of an app called AppScoop. Then download it.

AppScoop

Also Preware will soon be able to download web distributed/App Cat/beta apps. It is in alpha testing right now.
    but the problem is i havent got the link yet
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    PreCentral app gallery
    i wish they were in here but they arent, not that i want to download these, but try and find these in there

findapps_2010-09-01_123846.png

findapps_2010-09-01_123905.png

findapps_2010-09-01_124022.png
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    ok so maybe the feeds havent been updated im not sure what this means, but scroll down to where it says "the feeds" Custom Feeds - Palm Developer Center
    AppScoop shows you the list of web distributed apps and lets you download them. All you have to do the tap the app that you want to download
    I like the Feeds from the Palm Developer Center...I just put them into NewsRoom, as an alternative to having to check both the App Catalog and AppScoop repeatedly. And you can go directly to the item's download site from NewsRoom.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    It's nice that Palm is providing a mechanism for tracking these apps. However, we should keep in mind that the purpose of this is for developers to distribute apps outside of the Palm ecosystem. In other words, it will (and should) be up to individual developers to market their own apps that are to be distributed in this fashion.

Which is of course how it was done before Apple created the App Store, and I simply can't stop mentioning how brilliant it is that Palm has come up with this strategy. Can't wait until developers pick up on how great it is that they can make whatever app they want without any sort of review/approval process.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    On the other side of the coin, how easy will it be for developers to cash in on their apps once they make them. It appears that any app that gets released as web-only gets dumped onto the url stream for free public download. I'm not necessarily saying Palm's doing the wrong thing, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.
    "Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an *****." -- StormD
    Are malicious programs from these unofficial apps something to be worried about or not?
    Appetite**|**Stuff Your Palm

This is the site demo'ed at CES. It has some new Web and Beta Apps.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    what i can't do is get the app to my phone, i put my # in 10x and no text message
    Make sure you put just your 10 digit phone number in, no "1"... I tried it with the 1 the first time and got nothing, when I tried it without the 1 the link came through almost instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    AppScoop shows you the list of web distributed apps and lets you download them. All you have to do the tap the app that you want to download
    I tapped on one called "PayPal Fee Calculator", then the App catalog opened up in another card and said "This is not a valid WebOS application."
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    so Palm keeps tweeting the new apps, but they arent showing up on projectappetite.com, whats going on? palm tweeted one that is called appscoop, which has a feed of the newest web distributed apps, but where do you find them, also if you click on one of there twitter links it goes to the palm web site and shows the app like on project appetite, but there is no way to see other apps here is a link to appscoop AppScoop, and another one BuildaSearch. oops builda search isnt web distributed... but the other one is

Does anybody know where to find a list of web distributed apps or ?
    Preware Adds More Über With Official Palm App Feeds

Coming soon to Preware ... (many people are alpha testing it now - just use the last three lines on Application:Preware - WebOS Internals to participate in the alpha testing).

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 01/11/2010 at 12:03 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    Are malicious programs from these unofficial apps something to be worried about or not?
    Not any more than they were an issue when virtually all apps were purchased directly from the developer, back before Apple changed everything with the App Store.

(Actually, not ALL apps were purchased directly from the developer. There were aggregaters who setup stores and sold apps.)
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    True, I suppose I've gotten programs from random sites for my pc and Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Not any more than they were an issue when virtually all apps were purchased directly from the developer, back before Apple changed everything with the App Store.

(Actually, not ALL apps were purchased directly from the developer. There were aggregaters who setup stores and sold apps.)
    Quote Originally Posted by StormD View Post
    On the other side of the coin, how easy will it be for developers to cash in on their apps once they make them. It appears that any app that gets released as web-only gets dumped onto the url stream for free public download. I'm not necessarily saying Palm's doing the wrong thing, I'm just playing Devil's Advocate.
    The URL you get is one that works on the Palm to open the App Catalog app to the page where you can purchase the app.

You do not get a direct ipkg link.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast