Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ok.. I know this had been done before.. but can anyone tell me if this has been uploaded for other users ?

What I will do if people think its a good idea is make a NEW flash file to download so it's easy to flash your GSM phone to the 1.3.5 firmware..

This will be done by simply downloading the 1.3.1 GSM O2 Webdoctor and replacing the WebOS.tar with the tar from the 1.3.5 sprint Webdoctor.. then just posting it up for everyone.

Would this work.. if so I will get it done and uploaded today.

Steve

[update.. wont be happening on here] Just wondering how do the XDA Dev guys get away with it then ?
    Last edited by CdRsKuLL; 01/09/2010 at 05:26 AM.
  2. fakemirror
    CDR, After flashing the new ROM, would one have to go through Activation again? and thank you for your helpfulness in building a 1.3.5.1 ROM !
    Redistributing Palm files are illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-360 View Post
    Redistributing Palm files are illegal
    Aah.. That's what's stopping O2.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Ahh o well.. apols for this.. I will not be doing this then (shame) well not on here anyway.

In theory mind.. would a simple process like this work ? I'm assuming it would save downgrading to the sprint 1.21 version first also as your using the GSM Loader rather than the USA one ? You would also keep all your files on the usb drive as from 1.3.1 they were not overwritten when reflashing with same or greater firmware.
    Hi,

you can safely use the 1.2.1 sprint image to flash the sprint firmware on your device. After flashing and booting up you will just get the 1.3.5.1 update via the web. The other installers (I tested: 1.3.1 and 1.3.5) will check if the device is an sprint device and won't install.

Be sure to backup all your data before this process.

Find the Doctor here: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions

Greetings
    TheBunman
    Quote Originally Posted by fakemirror View Post
    CDR, After flashing the new ROM, would one have to go through Activation again? and thank you for your helpfulness in building a 1.3.5.1 ROM !
    You don't have to go through activation again after using WEbOSDoctor. You will however need to restore your backed up data and any changes made to your Pre.
  8. fakemirror
    Yes, I am quite certain that you need to go through Activation each time you Doctor . After all it does reset the phone to factory settings.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have already downgraded across to sprint 1.21 which then I upgraded over the air to 1.3.5 then 1.3.5.1 but you end up wiping the storage area and get the unwanted icons on the screen. If we can just replace the sprint webos folder into the 1.3.1 GSM doctor then it should save doing all of this. So you get the upgrade in one flash and save wiping your storage area.. O and dont have them unusable icons.

Steve
  10. fakemirror
    Steve, when you doctored Sprint 1.2.1 - di you have to re-activate with Sprint?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    When I flashed with the 1.2.1 doctor with my O2 UK sim in it .. no problems just went ok. I'm assuming the simlock isnt located in the flash file but maybe in the modem firmware which doesn't get updated.

I am going to build a UK 1.3.5 and see what happen's.. only one way to find out. :-) just downloading it now.
  12. fakemirror
    Yeah - I have different situation - I am running an ex-Sprint CDMA Pre in Australia - I do all my stuff over WiFi.
    I use sprint 1.35 webos.tar to update the O2 1.31. Everything is OK. I didn't try 1.3.5.1, but I believe it's ok too. I am waiting for 1.4 now.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    what did you use to insert the webos.tar ? I've tried 7zip and power archive but when I try to flash it doesn't get any further than the battery charge bit.
    'Cooked Roms' Which XDA Guys release are also illegal, but who cares? Thats the mindset basically =P.

Nothing is stopping O2. Once Palm have completed the GSM Fw they pass it onto the carriers for review and they give the go ahead for Palm to release the files.

Whether Palm is still working on the updates or its the networks delaying it with the approval process is another question entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
    what did you use to insert the webos.tar ? I've tried 7zip and power archive but when I try to flash it doesn't get any further than the battery charge bit.
    Rename both the 1.3.1 GSM Doctor & 1.3.5 CDMA Doctor from .Jar to .Zip.

Open both the .Zip files, Drag and drop WebOS.tar from 1.3.5 to 1.3.1 Zip file, should ask you to replace, do so, and rename the 1.3.1 to .Jar and flash.
    something that concerns me is that the current webos.tar inside the sprint jar files doesn't have the UMTS firmware included anymore. In 1.3.1 and 1.3.5.1, it is just a 0 kb file :-/

Don't know how that influcences things though