1.    #1  
    I'm new to the world of smart phones. I updated to webOS 1.3.5.1 last night and didn't know to remove patches before updating. Today I've been trying to re-install a couple of the patches and I'm getting failures like the one below, when I try to install the 4x4 icons v3 patch.

The Postinst contains the following:
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 93 (offset -1 lines).
    Hunk #3 FAILED at 341.
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 446 (offset -101 lines).
    1 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/appcontrollers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 125
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-4x4-icons-v3 from root...

I'm new to smart phones and updated to 1.3.5.1 without removing the patches and applications I had loaded using preware. I've tried re-installing preware, I've run EPR, I've run Emergency Migration Helper, I've done a Partial Erase and none of these have solved the problem. Has anyone else run into this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Does anyone have any suggestions what is causing this failure and how to correct it?
    i did this with the webOS 1.3.5 and i couldnt download anything and i got the same errors. what i did is ran the webOS doctor. it completely reset my phone. but if you have the palm profile set up, you can jujst reload it and sync your contacts,memos, tasks, and calendar. then enable developer mode and reinstall all your patches and preware. its a long process and it worked for me. just make sure next time you remove your patches before you update. then reinstall them after.

somebody correct me if im wrong but i am pretty sure.
    You shouldnt have had to do anything for 1.3.5.1 unless you had a calendar patch!

Not trying to be an A S S but Your second post and you come in and post something that has been asked 50 times so far this week.

(1)You should do a search, The search feature works very well on this forum.
    (2)You need to post your patch questions in the patch subforum (preferably in the devs thread about this patch).

Really no offence intended, but alot of us answer these questions over and over and over. when if you would have searched you would have found the answer in less than a minute.

Sorry for the rant.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I think that maybe someone should just answer this post because it is a good reference for people like me who need to know the answer to this question.
    Quote Originally Posted by i7weenie View Post
    I think that maybe someone should just answer this post because it is a good reference for people like me who need to know the answer to this question.
    Dr!.......Happy!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I dont know if you found your answer, all you have to do is download the quickinstall, follow all the steps to make it run properly.

Go to device management, and you will see all your patches there, select them and uninstall them. you will see an error message for every patch, just click on the window to accept and your patches are gone.

Good luck.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.